New handsets 2016

Mik

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/11/2017 at 18:15, jupe1407 said:

Ended up going for the Google Pixel 2. Pretty pleased with it, seriously fast, much more so than the sony Z5 compact and battery life seems better, which I hadn't expected tbh.

Still happy with it?

I've been trying to hold on as long as possible to my S6 but more and more things are going wrong with it every week. Quite like the look of the Pixel 2.

Still happy with it?
I've been trying to hold on as long as possible to my S6 but more and more things are going wrong with it every week. Quite like the look of the Pixel 2.
Aye it's excellent. Much quicker than my old z5 compact and a highly decent camera/video

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 11:23, The Minertaur said:

Has anybody any experience with the Huawei Mate Pro 10?  

I have! (Answers own question).

Got this phone on Tuesday and been very impressed with it so far.  The battery life is insane so far - easily the best I've owned.  My LG G5 would be fully charged in the morning and down at 30% when I got home - the Pro 10 is sitting in high 60's!

Other than having to download an app to get a decent always on display I can't fault the phone so far.  

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Got this phone on Tuesday and been very impressed with it so far.  The battery life is insane so far - easily the best I've owned.  My LG G5 would be fully charged in the morning and down at 30% when I got home - the Pro 10 is sitting in high 60's!

Other than having to download an app to get a decent always on display I can't fault the phone so far.  

Nice looking phone, but pretty expensive

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Nice looking phone, but pretty expensive

Managed to get 4GB for less than £30 a month which is perfect for me.  

The display is utterly fantastic - I'm just devastated to lose my FM mobile save from my LG :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

What's a good phone at the moment that won't break the bank? Contract renewal time and I'm on an iPhone SE at the moment, which has been fine. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent budget (if that's the right word) iPhone at the moment and the full size iPhones are ridiculously pricey, as is the new Galaxy. Not in a huge rush to change as quite happy with my phone and contract, just wondering if there's anything anyone would recommend for £30-£35 a month.

What's a good phone at the moment that won't break the bank? Contract renewal time and I'm on an iPhone SE at the moment, which has been fine. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent budget (if that's the right word) iPhone at the moment and the full size iPhones are ridiculously pricey, as is the new Galaxy. Not in a huge rush to change as quite happy with my phone and contract, just wondering if there's anything anyone would recommend for £30-£35 a month.

I have the OnePlus 5T and love it so far.

On 06/05/2018 at 23:04, die hard doonhamer said:

I have the OnePlus 5T and love it so far.

I see there's a new version of that out soon so might see what the reviews are like. Anyone got the new Samsung Galaxy S9? There's a decent deal doing the rounds I might use in a bid to get a deal out of EE but a lot of the reviews reckon it's not much better than the S8. However, it has a headphone socket and I'm old fashioned so it wins over a few other phones.

Thinking about getting the Pixel 2 XL to replace my iPhone 7 although I heard the Pixel 3 was coming out - based on the differences between the 1 & 2, is it worth me waiting for the 3 or will it be like moving from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7?

31 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Thinking about getting the Pixel 2 XL to replace my iPhone 7 although I heard the Pixel 3 was coming out - based on the differences between the 1 & 2, is it worth me waiting for the 3 or will it be like moving from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7?

You're probably best waiting on the 3 albeit, I have seen the 2XL going for like £450 (new) on eBay (Link) and I've heard the 3 will be very expensive and will be an October release.

• 3 weeks later...

Taking the plunge and ordered the Galaxy S9. 16GB a month (I'm only on 5GB at the moment) for £30 a month and £40 up front.  When I phoned EE to quit they offered me 10GB a month on £38 a month...

• 3 months later...
On 4/12/2018 at 11:01, The Minertaur said:

Thinking about getting this phone as it's only £400 now and you can get it with 0% finance from AO (thought currently out of stock). What are your feelings about it now?

The lack of a headphone jack is a bit of a pain but you get an adaptor I guess. What is the interface like? I have had stock Android on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X but the latter is slowly grinding to a halt and I fear a bootloop is just around the corner...

47 minutes ago, RiG said:

Thinking about getting this phone as it's only £400 now and you can get it with 0% finance from AO (thought currently out of stock). What are your feelings about it now?

The lack of a headphone jack is a bit of a pain but you get an adaptor I guess. What is the interface like? I have had stock Android on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X but the latter is slowly grinding to a halt and I fear a bootloop is just around the corner...

You get headphones and an adaptor yes and I've had no complaints with the headphones they gave so far.  Only issue is that they aren't quite as comfy in your pocket but you get used to it after a while.

Almost half a year since I got the phone and I still love it. Camera is decent without being amazing and the battery on it is incredible - still the best I've had and the battery management apps do a grand job. Charges fast too.

Only flaws in my eyes are the notifications. On my old phone the always on display would tell you about anything but this one just does texts or missed calls.  Not the end of the world but I don't always notice the blinking light.

I'd highly recommend it!

Edited by The Minertaur

31 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

You get headphones and an adaptor yes and I've had no complaints with the headphones they gave so far.  Only issue is that they aren't quite as comfy in your pocket but you get used to it after a while.

Almost half a year since I got the phone and I still love it. Camera is decent without being amazing and the battery on it is incredible - still the best I've had and the battery management apps do a grand job. Charges fast too.

Only flaws in my eyes are the notifications. On my old phone the always on display would tell you about anything but this one just does texts or missed calls.  Not the end of the world but I don't always notice the blinking light.

I'd highly recommend it!

Nice one cheers. Hoping it comes back into stock on AO then :)

• 2 months later...