New handsets 2016

Mik

I had a Nexus 5 and now have a 5X. I'm not bothered about a seriously high spec phone anymore and the Nexus range did me fine at a decent price as well. Plus, getting the latest version of Android first was always a big draw without the horrible overlays like TouchWiz. At those prices though I think I'll go for a 'OnePlusX' phone whenever the next one is out.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

I had a Nexus 5 and now have a 5X. I'm not bothered about a seriously high spec phone anymore and the Nexus range did me fine at a decent price as well. Plus, getting the latest version of Android first was always a big draw without the horrible overlays like TouchWiz. At those prices though I think I'll go for a 'OnePlusX' phone whenever the next one is out.

The OnePlus 3 looks pretty nice

Edited by Mr X

Yeah and it's got pretty close to stock Android as well (they use an overlay called Cyanogen I think) which I like. No need for me to upgrade anytime soon really (unless my phone dies) but hopefully it will last until the OnePlus4 comes out next year.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah and it's got pretty close to stock Android as well (they use an overlay called Cyanogen I think) which I like. No need for me to upgrade anytime soon really (unless my phone dies) but hopefully it will last until the OnePlus4 comes out next year.

Its OxygenOS on the oneplus. You're thinking of the XDA ROM thats become a "proper" OS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37606485

"Vodafone and EE have suspended replacements of Samsung's Note 7 phones amid reports that new "safe" models are still at risk of catching fire.

The Three network is also not currently offering exchanges, while O2 said it was still not selling the smartphone.

Samsung has cut production of the Note 7 after several reports of replacement models overheating and emitting smoke."

f**k sake, might this be the worst handset release in the past decade?

10 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37606485

"Vodafone and EE have suspended replacements of Samsung's Note 7 phones amid reports that new "safe" models are still at risk of catching fire.

The Three network is also not currently offering exchanges, while O2 said it was still not selling the smartphone.

Samsung has cut production of the Note 7 after several reports of replacement models overheating and emitting smoke."

f**k sake, might this be the worst handset release in the past decade?

Can't think of anything worse anyway.  Samsung have now banned sales of the phone.  Incredible after the success of the S6/7 that they manage to f**k this up so much!

• 6 months later...
On 29/04/2017 at 11:47, Mr X said:

If you're happy to go the Chinese route, you'll love the Bluboo Maya Max.

Saw it's a 6 inch screen compared to the Notes 5.7. Is there anything bigger that you'd recommend? 

1 hour ago, The Diabolical One said:

Saw it's a 6 inch screen compared to the Notes 5.7. Is there anything bigger that you'd recommend? 

I havent seen a phone any bigger than 6". The new Samsung S8+ is 6.2" but Im not sure if thats out and if it is its bound to be pricey

Anyone got or had the Xperia XZ?

I got the Z5 and like 3-4 days later they announced the X series so I was pretty pissed off as I paid a fair whack for my Z5.

I wouldn't go near iPhone again after changing to Sony. At this moment in time it's basically between Sony and Samsung for me and I think it'd be hard to go wrong with either tbh. That said, I'll get another couple of year out my Z5 so I've not looked into the XZ much.

With my OnePlus 2 getting old and the OnePlus3 a bit expensive, I decided to go for the Lenovo P2. 

It's a Three exclusive, but they'll flog it PAYG unlocked for £199. 5.5" screen, 5100mAh battery, dual sim, Snapdragon 625. 

The battery life is utterly tremendous, easily the best I've ever had from a smartphone and it can also be used as a powerbank to top up other devices. 

• 2 months later...

Got the Samsung Galaxy S8 couple of months ago. It's nice but just feels like you're holding a piece of glass so is too delicate for me.

I've now swapped to a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. I loved my old Z3 so this is just a bigger, better version.