New handsets 2016

Mik

was tempted to do the beta.

if you want cortana to work change your region settings to America and restart

eta: instructions http://www.winbeta.org/news/how-you-get-cortana-windows-phone-81-outside-united-states

Cheers but i cant do it because i have an 8X

there is a problem with the language set up

Cheers but i cant do it because i have an 8X

there is a problem with the language set up

gutting, would love to know how you got on. Seen a few cortana bugs but its still in beta so hopefully ironed out by time we get hold of her

• 3 months later...

I'm due an upgrade in November but my battery is burst and even dis-charges while plugged in.

It will cost me £30 a month to upgrade early on three, im a bit stuck what to do tbh. is there a way around this?

I'm due an upgrade in November but my battery is burst and even dis-charges while plugged in.

It will cost me £30 a month to upgrade early on three, im a bit stuck what to do tbh. is there a way around this?

buy a new battery, im in the same boat, phone plugged in but loses charge when in use

my upgrade is in october but i might just buy a new battery for now, the phone is on its last legs anyway so if the new battery screws it up i wont lose much

buy a new battery, im in the same boat, phone plugged in but loses charge when in use

my upgrade is in october but i might just buy a new battery for now, the phone is on its last legs anyway so if the new battery screws it up i wont lose much

windows phone. You can't replace battery sadly

Is it insured? You could "accidentally" drop it down the toilet ;)

depends on what network he's on, O2 are fucking murder claiming insurance, you damage your phone they wont replace it until their engineers have seen it, meaning a week with a shitey wee handset off them

"lose" it and they want a lost report from the coppers, fucking having a laugh

depends on what network he's on, O2 are fucking murder claiming insurance, you damage your phone they wont replace it until their engineers have seen it, meaning a week with a shitey wee handset off them

"lose" it and they want a lost report from the coppers, fucking having a laugh

Dont insure it through your network then! I dont think Ive ever done that. I had 3rd party insurance which was a breeze when I claimed. Its now insured through my bank account.

Obviously, my plan involves having accidental damage insurance

Sadly no

fucked aye?

Not sure what else you could do. Maybe buy a cheap second hand/chinese import phone that you could sell on again? Not sure that would be any cheaper than paying the extra for the upgrade. I take it you've spoken to Three about an early upgrade?

Next phone you get - get it insured ;)

you still on wp8.1 developers preview? Apparently battery issues on that http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/281742-battery-drain-8-1-preview.html

yeah mate

72927d1406077824t-10565674_6685828498997

try airplane moding that. Have you tried other chargers? One of mine tops out at around 16% per hour the other is near 35%. Still not got 8.1 yet, apparently o2 have added virtual voicemail to the lumia 1520/1020 and has delayed release. Was okayed for push out on Friday but not appeared yet (fucking boooooooooo)

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded to the M8 last week which I liked but camera specs really pissed me off the the extent I'm sending it back and getting the z2 instead. Been on galaxy for four years now so looking forward to a change.

M8 is cool as f**k to hold mind but i take a lot of photos and it would just prey on my mind that they could be of a much higher quality

Edited by madwullie

Upgraded to the M8 from a S3 today, it came down to it or the S5. After all the battery and signal troubles I had and the cheap feel of the phone the M8 won it. The camera seems pretty good to me, but anything would be better than the one on the S3.

The function to transfer settings, contacts messages etc from my old phone was a life saver, I'm a proper picky b*****d and if the settings arent exactly how I like it annoys the hell out of me.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Does anyone have the LG G3? I'm looking to upgrade and interested by this handset.

I currently have a Nexus 4 and love it, everything works perfectly, synched and is very intuitive so I'm a bit apprehensive about moving away from Google stock but as they're both LG made I'm hoping the interface is very similar.

In an ideal world I'd wait a few months and get the rumoured Nexus 6 but my wife's phone is fucked so I'm giving her my Nexus 4 and getting myself a new one as she doesn't bother about phones at all.

So I think its a straight choice between Nexus 5 and LG G3, which is about £100 more, any views on either?

I use an iPhone 5 for work and really can't take to it.

Does anyone have the LG G3? I'm looking to upgrade and interested by this handset.

I currently have a Nexus 4 and love it, everything works perfectly, synched and is very intuitive so I'm a bit apprehensive about moving away from Google stock but as they're both LG made I'm hoping the interface is very similar.

In an ideal world I'd wait a few months and get the rumoured Nexus 6 but my wife's phone is fucked so I'm giving her my Nexus 4 and getting myself a new one as she doesn't bother about phones at all.

So I think its a straight choice between Nexus 5 and LG G3, which is about £100 more, any views on either?

I use an iPhone 5 for work and really can't take to it.

You can run Nova launcher to make it the same as vanilla Google stock.

You can run Nova launcher to make it the same as vanilla Google stock.

Thanks, I don't know what this is, I guess an app that removes the LG added interface that will exist on the G3, taking it back to the basic Google interface?

Worth looking in to. Cheers.

I don't think I'll buy a Samsung again after this S3. I had the S2 and absolutely loved it. Even for the first six months, the S3 was great but it's gone downhill rapidly from there on in, The battery life is shit, half the time it won't take a charge anymore and it constantly updates and re-enables apps that I've disabled. In hindsight, what I should have done was taken it back while it was still under guarantee but I've missed it now and so I'm stuck with the fucking thing until May.