New handsets 2016

Mik

Depends on your contract really. If you're paying a month in arrears you'll always have final bill after you've cancelled, maybe thats where the "extra" month is coming from. I took that to mean paying an extra month than you should but maybe you're just paying the final month in arrears??

If thats the case it shouldnt matter if you use it or not. You'll get a final bill for the last months line rental anyway

What has happened in the past is I've made the move in mid June then received a bill for part/all of June to July. Someone reckons if I ask for my PAC tomorrow then use it when my contract expires that'll give 30 days notice and I'll be all set :)

I'm looking at the Z5 currently, about time I upgraded from the iPhone 4 as it's becoming about as dated as having a Nokia 3310.

Don't fancy the S7 Edge or the iPhone 6 but am I best holding off for Sony's next release as the Z5 is about 9 month old now or just firing in and getting it?

epoprts

I'm looking at the Z5 currently, about time I upgraded from the iPhone 4 as it's becoming about as dated as having a Nokia 3310.

Don't fancy the S7 Edge or the iPhone 6 but am I best holding off for Sony's next release as the Z5 is about 9 month old now or just firing in and getting it?

Reports are that Sony will not be bringing out a Z6 as the Z5 did so poorly.

• 2 weeks later...

My contract with 3 for my HTC one M8 was due to expire in September, £36 per month. Was able to talk them into letting me buy out my final 3 months for a months payment, get a Galaxy S7, 8GB 4G Data, unlimited texts and Minutes and ill be £45 a month with no handset charge. Think i could have done worse TBH, checked Music Magpie and ill get £71.50 for my M8 which will cover my contract charge and leave me with a little spare money.

If it's a 24 month contract, if you think paying over a grand for a phone and some data usage is value, then fair enough.

Edit. Sorry, that's a tad harsh, I'm just a bit astounded at the price of contracts when you add that much data.

Edited by Paris Hilltoon

If it's a 24 month contract, if you think paying over a grand for a phone and some data usage is value, then fair enough.

Edit. Sorry, that's a tad harsh, I'm just a bit astounded at the price of contracts when you add that much data.

Each to their own but I agree with you. I paid £279 for my Nexus 4 three years ago. I also pay £10 a month for a sim only deal from giffgaff. Only now is the phone beginning to slow down but I must have saved hundreds of pounds just by buying it outright at the start. And it was a great phone back then as well.

My biggest issue with new phones is that the contracts are all now aimed at people using a ridiculously high data package.  I use less than 1gb a month (wifi at home and work) but when I went for my LG G5 with Vodafone I only really had 2 options as I'm not paying extra for data I won't ever use.

8Gb of data seems ridiculous to me but perhaps people need it for their work!

My biggest issue with new phones is that the contracts are all now aimed at people using a ridiculously high data package.  I use less than 1gb a month (wifi at home and work) but when I went for my LG G5 with Vodafone I only really had 2 options as I'm not paying extra for data I won't ever use.

8Gb of data seems ridiculous to me but perhaps people need it for their work!

Tinder.

Couldn't agree more about the Nexus 4, I loved mine, but it was getting a bit slow after 2 years, so I got the LG G3 in late 2014. Which I also love, but I'll upgrade again, if I'm getting the same 1gb for £25, £600 over the contract is a decent deal, admittedly I pay £5 insurance on top of that too,

but that's been well used.

Right, advice needed. I'm getting pissed off with my Moto G (2nd edition) because its a tad on the slow side and more irritatingly it only has 8GB of internal storage so its permanently complaining about being full despite have feck all installed. I want to buy a new handset outright.

Needs to have:

4G

At least 16 GB internal storage

Micro SD card slot

Android

Reasonable camera

£250. No more.

I don't really play games on it so not that fussed about gaming capabilities but something that's reasonably quick would be appreciated. At the moment the Xperia Z3 or HTC One M8 seem a decent buy but I'm not really a phone geek so there may be better options. I'm not desperately fussed about buying a phone from China so would prefer something that's actually available here.

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

Right, advice needed. I'm getting pissed off with my Moto G (2nd edition) because its a tad on the slow side and more irritatingly it only has 8GB of internal storage so its permanently complaining about being full despite have feck all installed. I want to buy a new handset outright.

Needs to have:

4G

At least 16 GB internal storage

Micro SD card slot

Android

Reasonable camera

£250. No more.

I don't really play games on it so not that fussed about gaming capabilities but something that's reasonably quick would be appreciated. At the moment the Xperia Z3 or HTC One M8 seem a decent buy but I'm not really a phone geek so there may be better options. I'm not desperately fussed about buying a phone from China so would prefer something that's actually available here.

I dont have one but Ive never heard anyone have a bad word to say about the OnePlus range. The 2 is bang on £250

The Z5 looks good but a lot of people are reporting overheating issues.

At £309 the new oneplus 3 looks ridiculously good value. Decision made I think.

I have the Z5. It does get quite hot from time to time but nothing really to worry about. It's an excellent phone. The only drawback I'd say is the battery life which has been commended elsewhere