New handsets 2016

Mik

I tried both the Nexus 5 and the LG G3 today and have bought the Nexus.

Really not a lot of difference from my Nexus 4 but I loved the 4 so I'm happy with it.

Saved a fair amount over the LG so I've also bought the LG G Watch, linked with Android Wear to pair it with the Nexus 5.

Had it on for two hours and its pretty much pointless!

I was getting pressured into getting a new phone so I could pass down the Nexus 4. I was really happy with the 4 and didn't want to change, but went for it today and got an invite and bought one of these. Worth a gamble.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/oneplus-one-1244307/review

I was under the same pressure as you (a page ago) and reluctantly handed over my Nexus 4 to my wife and bought myself a Nexus 5.

Had it a few days now and it's even better than the 4, nothing spectacular, a bit quicker, camera is better, picture is brighter and clearer watching Sky go, phone is thinner and noticeably lighter.

I was under the same pressure as you (a page ago) and reluctantly handed over my Nexus 4 to my wife and bought myself a Nexus 5.

Had it a few days now and it's even better than the 4, nothing spectacular, a bit quicker, camera is better, picture is brighter and clearer watching Sky go, phone is thinner and noticeably lighter.

Was tempted with the 5, but I fancied a wee change, if I don't like it I'll sell it on. 5.5" screen seems huge!

Got the OnePlus One.

Excellent phone, really enjoying it and the 5.5" screen is fine.

Battery life is excellent, off the charger with data, WiFi and Bluetooth on for 11hrs 30mins and still 75% battery life!

Looking cracking! I recently lost my HTC M8 stupidly and am awaiting a decision from the insurance company wether or not it'll be replaced since they have 100 loopholes not to pay out. If not, i'm definitely looking into one of these. Where did you buy from? I've seen you can import from Amazon/Ebay etc, do you mind me asking how you got your hands on one?

Looking cracking! I recently lost my HTC M8 stupidly and am awaiting a decision from the insurance company wether or not it'll be replaced since they have 100 loopholes not to pay out. If not, i'm definitely looking into one of these. Where did you buy from? I've seen you can import from Amazon/Ebay etc, do you mind me asking how you got your hands on one?

Got it direct from OnePlus with an invite.

There are a lot of invites on eBay but I was dubious about buying one. I considered just buying one online but one of the tech websites I read was selling theirs using eBay's charity listing so I got the invite for £20 to the MS Society, far prefer to give to charity for it.

On top of the £270 price it was £290 then for a 64GB smartphone.

Here is what the battery says at lunch. So used to my phone losing 10% when I look at it, its a refreshing change!

post-11671-1410873947097_thumb.jpg

Can upgrade next Friday. Looking at getting Samsung S5, had an iPhone the last few years and I'm now fed up with apple with all the problems I've had! Can get the S5 on a decent tariff and price.

Does anyone know if 3 give you better deals when you're upgrading since I've been with them for 2 years? I'm staying with 3 as unlimited texts and internet are the main thing for me and I can't find that tariff cheaper anywhere else, and it's free upfront!

Can upgrade next Friday. Looking at getting Samsung S5, had an iPhone the last few years and I'm now fed up with apple with all the problems I've had! Can get the S5 on a decent tariff and price.

Does anyone know if 3 give you better deals when you're upgrading since I've been with them for 2 years? I'm staying with 3 as unlimited texts and internet are the main thing for me and I can't find that tariff cheaper anywhere else, and it's free upfront!

They certainly used to when I was with them a few years ago. They also used to let you upgrade early

You'll probably get a better deal the longer you wait. They used to let you upgrade 3 months early, I'm sure

I'm upgrading ASAP. My iPhone's ruined lol. Front and back both smashed! And also my battery has a mind of it's own. Yesterday for example it died within an hour of going out, I then charged it up for 3 hours solid and I was at 13%, took it off charger and it went to 7%, was 1% the full way home then as soon as I plugged it in it went to 50%.. Within 5 seconds it was at 9% (whilst still on charge). So yeah I want a new phone ASAP :P

I'm paying off my contract at the end of the year. Had enough of my Xperia Z not working most of the time.

Will likely get the iPhone 6 Plus but the oneplus one looks really good!

Watch it doesn't bend in your pocket! :D

They pictures are real aswell, I watched a video on YouTube and the guy bent it In his hands, and he wasn't absolutely forcing it..

I don't think I'll buy a Samsung again after this S3. I had the S2 and absolutely loved it. Even for the first six months, the S3 was great but it's gone downhill rapidly from there on in, The battery life is shit, half the time it won't take a charge anymore and it constantly updates and re-enables apps that I've disabled. In hindsight, what I should have done was taken it back while it was still under guarantee but I've missed it now and so I'm stuck with the fucking thing until May.

I've got an s3 and Ill think i will stick with it , the pictures and video are one of the best , it's fast and just big enough so it's not a pain carrying in your pocket , as for battery life every few month or so I will factory reset my phone , it's the only way to speed it up , I keep my data connection off , and my battery last for nearly 2 days.

I'm paying off my contract at the end of the year. Had enough of my Xperia Z not working most of the time.

Will likely get the iPhone 6 Plus but the oneplus one looks really good!

Anyone getting an iPhone is either a poser or a moron , at best they're as good as samsung and htc equivalents except you're paying way over the odds just for an Apple logo.

Watch it doesn't bend in your pocket! :D

They pictures are real aswell, I watched a video on YouTube and the guy bent it In his hands, and he wasn't absolutely forcing it..

Just seen that video on YouTube. Will be going for the normal version instead of the iPhone Plus

Anyone getting an iPhone is either a poser or a moron , at best they're as good as samsung and htc equivalents except you're paying way over the odds just for an Apple logo.

I'm already a moron so i'm used to it.

I like the Xperia Z but the recent updates has caused my phone to crash a lot etc and all of my music is on iTunes and it is a bit of a pain in the arse adding music to my Xperia Z.

The reason i will be going back to Apple is simply because i find it easier to use than my Xperia Z. But have to admit the new Samsung Galaxy looks dece.

I've got an s3 and Ill think i will stick with it , the pictures and video are one of the best , it's fast and just big enough so it's not a pain carrying in your pocket , as for battery life every few month or so I will factory reset my phone , it's the only way to speed it up , I keep my data connection off , and my battery last for nearly 2 days.

S3 user too...although due an upgrade now and will likely go for S5. What do you lose when you do a factory reset?

My data is always on and wifi only on at home and battery always last more than a day.