New handsets 2016

Mik

Is it a lot quicker than the S6,it has 3gb of ram and the screen is outstanding.

Not sure if serious? This is screen grab of the manager.. 3gb ram post-28028-14493171856701_thumb.jpg

Haven't checked screen differences mind you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions for an up to date smart phone that will easily fit in a trouser front pocket? Most of the current ones look huge. Just realized I'm due an upgrade from my old but petite HTC Desire C. Also, do most Android phones work in pretty much the same way? I'm not keen on learning a whole new system.

Any suggestions for an up to date smart phone that will easily fit in a trouser front pocket? Most of the current ones look huge. Just realized I'm due an upgrade from my old but petite HTC Desire C. Also, do most Android phones work in pretty much the same way? I'm not keen on learning a whole new system.

The Samsung A3 might be a good option for you. Android phones work in same way really apart from manufacturer software being different.

The Samsung A3 might be a good option for you. Android phones work in same way really apart from manufacturer software being different.

Cheers, I've looking at that one. Some contradictory reports on its battery life, some say great, others shite. Decent price though.

Having had a look at them in a shop thinking of pushing the boat out for a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Anyone got one?

P.S. Looks like I could get an unlocked one from Carphone Warehouse for £250. An upgrade with Tesco would cost £444 over 2 years.

P.P.S. Having done what I should have done in the first place and searched this topic, it seems to have a pretty rep. Any downsides?

Edited by welshbairn

Having had a look at them in a shop thinking of pushing the boat out for a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Anyone got one?

P.S. Looks like I could get an unlocked one from Carphone Warehouse for £250. An upgrade with Tesco would cost £444 over 2 years.

P.P.S. Having done what I should have done in the first place and searched this topic, it seems to have a pretty rep. Any downsides?

If you can get an unlocked one for £250 I'd say snap it up. Same as Z5 in every way apart from size really.

• 3 weeks later...

Id like to throw in the suggestion of 'Cubot phones' for anyone considering a new handset, Chinese android , great phones cheap too, just got the wife a Cubotx17 £120 , and if battery life is your main concern they have a Cubot H1 with the biggest Battery in the world, it last 3 days and you can actually charge another phone from it!

These aren't the old Chinese fake phones , this is a real company that's just starting to appear in Europe could be like HTC a few years back , get in quick

Ps you can get them on Amazon next day delivery. http://www.cubot.net

Edited by THE KING

That X17 actually looks the business. Was considering a oneplus2 when my contract runs out in May. A lot can happen in a few months in the mobile world though haha. MWC is due in a few weeks, HTC M10, Samsung S7 and LG G5 probably being announced

Edited by Mik

That X17 actually looks the business. Was considering a oneplus2 when my contract runs out in May. A lot can happen in a few months in the mobile world though haha. MWC is due in a few weeks, HTC M10, Samsung S7 and LG G5 probably being announced

These Chinese companies like Cubot have now caught up with the big boys, I think you'd be a mug to sign up to a £30/40 a month contract when you can buy an equivalent handset for £100.

Btw the x17 is a belter the wife loves it and she was hooked on HTC and LG for years.

• 2 weeks later...

These Chinese companies like Cubot have now caught up with the big boys, I think you'd be a mug to sign up to a £30/40 a month contract when you can buy an equivalent handset for £100.

Btw the x17 is a belter the wife loves it and she was hooked on HTC and LG for years.

I've just bought the wife the X17 off amazon after she's smashed her Samsung. :lol:

It's about time I upgraded my mobile phone. Currently have the iPhone 4 and looking for one, possibly on contract, that'll be top notch. I'm torn between the iPhone 6, Sony Xperia Z5 and Samsung Galaxy S6. Just wondering what people's thoughts on these three are. Where I can get the best deal? (I'd need about 2GB of data)

Probably leaning towards the Sony Xperia as I like Sony merch in terms of their TV's, PS4's etc, but that's far from enough to justify me picking it as my new phone.

Cheers in advance.

It's about time I upgraded my mobile phone. Currently have the iPhone 4 and looking for one, possibly on contract, that'll be top notch. I'm torn between the iPhone 6, Sony Xperia Z5 and Samsung Galaxy S6. Just wondering what people's thoughts on these three are. Where I can get the best deal? (I'd need about 2GB of data)

Probably leaning towards the Sony Xperia as I like Sony merch in terms of their TV's, PS4's etc, but that's far from enough to justify me picking it as my new phone.

Cheers in advance.

MWC is next week - Think they are expecting to unveil the Samsung S7, LG G5 & HTC M10* among the smart hats and smart shoes :lol:

Can't see the 2016 models being that far off the 2015 models, upgrades to the cameras and RAM mostly tbh.

If you're looking for a good plan at a decent price you're better off with a 2015 model after MWC.

*don't think the M10 is going to make MWC but will be out not long after apparently...

edit: The rumoured LG G5 looks f*cking immense!! Never had an LG before - usually stick with HTC, but definitely reconsidering if the M10 isn't up to scratch

Edited by Mik

Cheers in advance.

I recently got the Z5 compact and love it. Plenty big enough and fits easily into a front jeans pocket. Talk Talk were doing a good deal on it but I decided just to stick with Tesco.

P.S. The battery life is huge.

Edited by welshbairn