New handsets 2016

Mik

Im due an upgrade next month. I'm coming to the end of a 24 month HTC One all you can eat plan + 1000 mins talk time with Three for £36 pcm.

Got a surprise when I saw the costs of the top phones now, Want a Note 4 and looks like best deal is £38 pcm + £99 for the phone + unlimited talktime and 2GB data. Tried playing hard ball with Three over the phone for a better deal and got nowhere really.

Im due an upgrade next month. I'm coming to the end of a 24 month HTC One all you can eat plan + 1000 mins talk time with Three for £36 pcm.

Got a surprise when I saw the costs of the top phones now, Want a Note 4 and looks like best deal is £38 pcm + £99 for the phone + unlimited talktime and 2GB data. Tried playing hard ball with Three over the phone for a better deal and got nowhere really.

Where do you work? Some companies get discounts with mobile phone operators?

That's crazy. Give it a couple of weeks till the s6 is in full flow and check again mate.

Think earliest free upgrade date is 7th May. Won't be doing anything before then. Good point about possible price drop after s6 release the w****r I was talking to kept trying to give me an early upgrade price. Told him that if he couldn't hear or understand me when I said I didn't want to upgrade early I'd go to another company who could.

Think earliest free upgrade date is 7th May. Won't be doing anything before then. Good point about possible price drop after s6 release the w****r I was talking to kept trying to give me an early upgrade price. Told him that if he couldn't hear or understand me when I said I didn't want to upgrade early I'd go to another company who could.

Have a look on some of the mobile contract sites, rather than the mobile operators sites. I got a Note 4 on early upgrade with O2 but someone at work found a much better deal on a contract site

buymobiles.net will get you the same deal @ £38pcm but without the upfront cost of the handset.

Just spoke to buymobiles.net. They told me that they can't do upgrades and if I wanted to keep my existing number I have to cancel the contract, get a PAC code, use a PAYG for a day or so then get new phone and contact Three to get my old number back again. Didn't really understand every detail. Is it all ok?

Just spoke to buymobiles.net. They told me that they can't do upgrades and if I wanted to keep my existing number I have to cancel the contract, get a PAC code, use a PAYG for a day or so then get new phone and contact Three to get my old number back again. Didn't really understand every detail. Is it all ok?

Perfectly fine. I've transfered my PAC a few times from Vodafone>O2>Tesco.

Just get your PAC code when cancelling your contract and when your new phone comes contact your new carrier and give them the PAC code to transfer over for you. (usually takes about 12 hours).

So I tell Three I want to cancel my contract in the last 30 days. Get a PAC code and transfer it to a Tesco PAYG SIM for a day. Then take out a new contract with buymobiles.net for a Note 4 then contact Three again to transfer the PAC from Tesco back to them?

So I tell Three I want to cancel my contract in the last 30 days. Get a PAC code and transfer it to a Tesco PAYG SIM for a day. Then take out a new contract with buymobiles.net for a Note 4 then contact Three again to transfer the PAC from Tesco back to them?

Shame the new carrier is also Three. As far as I know you can't transfer PAC from and to the same network else you would be able to skip the PayG tesoc mobile part, but yeah, what you've said there is correct. You'll need to temporarily switch to Tesco or someone other than 3. Seems daft doesn't it?

Had never heard of it until yesterday! Think I just need to go with Tesco on a £1 SIM only card for a day or so. At least I can accept calls on my current number (I need it for business purposes), I just won't be making any calls! Will Three definitely accept that PAC back again once I've got the Note 4 from buymobiles? It's a bit long winded but worth saving £99.

Had never heard of it until yesterday! Think I just need to go with Tesco on a £1 SIM only card for a day or so. At least I can accept calls on my current number (I need it for business purposes), I just won't be making any calls! Will Three definitely accept that PAC back again once I've got the Note 4 from buymobiles? It's a bit long winded but worth saving £99.

I think, though not sure, that you'd need two PAC codes to do this. one from Three when you cancel that you give to Tesco to port your number to the PAYG phone and then another from Tesco that you give to Three to port the number to your new contract with them

Thanks, wondering if it's all worthwhile tbh. Can't afford to change my number.

Another option would be changing to EE. Came across this website below that is supposed to be reliable and suggests that they're slightly better than Three in Edinburgh.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/uk/rsr/edinburgh

I think, though not sure, that you'd need two PAC codes to do this. one from Three when you cancel that you give to Tesco to port your number to the PAYG phone and then another from Tesco that you give to Three to port the number to your new contract with them

Aye, sorry. That's right. I should have maybe been more clear about that

I know with o2 if you already have a contract with o2 and take out a new one with them that you can call up to migrate number as it's a transfer within the network.

Just spoken to Three again. They're willing to match the buymobiles.net contract of all you can eat mins/texts/data for £40/month instead of £44/month + £99 on the Three website if I pay an early upgrade cost of £31.

Told them I was looking for a like for like comparison and ended the call there but tbh I'm tempted to do it. The guy was giving me horror stories of 3rd party providers like buymobiles having added terms and conditions and costs etc which I took with a pinch of salt.

Thinking of going with the Three offer but am up for trying to squeeze a slightly better deal out of them, what do you think?