Zero Hours Contracts

Given the excessive salaries paid to coaches and players I would like to think that no club takes advantage of the low paid by using zero hours contracts!

Sadly I think they do!

Think about that when renewing your season tickets, rather than the bluff and bluster from some club officials !

Given the excessive salaries paid to coaches and players I would like to think that no club takes advantage of the low paid by using zero hours contracts!Sadly I think they do!Think about that when renewing your season tickets, rather than the bluff and bluster from some club officials !
Bet most security and catering companies that football clubs use have them.
They probably do. Does the OP want people to 'think about this' when going to a gig or festival???
I really don't think many clubs in Scotland are paying 'excessive' wages.
Probably true. But who wants to let facts get in the way of a good old rant about the ills of football.

Yes people going to gigs, festivals and everywhere else should think about workers being taken as mugs, for the companies to rake in profit!!

0 hour contracts are disgraceful but you can't exactly avoid everywhere that uses them, I don't think there will be many places that don't have either somebody on one or use a supplier that does.

The reason I highlight it is that a club that is paying ridiculous money to coaches and players in the lower leagues is advertising on there website for retail staff on Zero hours contracts!

A bit ironic I thought!

Yes people going to gigs, festivals and everywhere else should think about workers being taken as mugs, for the companies to rake in profit!!

I thought about this, slept on it and have decided, after much soul searching that I don't care.

The reason I highlight it is that a club that is paying ridiculous money to coaches and players in the lower leagues is advertising on there website for retail staff on Zero hours contracts! A bit ironic I thought!
Old Firm thread for this pish. You're fucking at it.
I thought about this, slept on it and have decided, after much soul searching that I don't care.
Ditto.

The reason I highlight it is that a club that is paying ridiculous money to coaches and players in the lower leagues is advertising on there website for retail staff on Zero hours contracts!

A bit ironic I thought!

Come on then, get it off your chest and give us all the details...

• 1 month later...

Someone else on the zero hours bandwagon !!

These contracts are not the problem, abuse of them is.

Having managed a business that has been using them for almost 15 years i can tell you that they can also work in favour of employees, dependant on the individuals circumstances, eg students who need time off for exams.

• 2 months later...

There's a difference. You can "request" it from contracted hours. On a zero hour contract you can demand it.

Well you can without any breach in contract, but if you want any more hours at some point in the future then you will find your chances greatly reduced.

Archived