Tinder

I signed up to Bumble a couple of weeks back. I hate that we have to message first, I never know what to say and come out with piss weak “how are you?” type stuff.  I’m not sure I’m cut out for this dating site lark.
I assumed women wouldn't need to make much effort with their messages and that men would respond to literally anything?

2 hours ago, 101 said:

By suggesting you're a woman on here will fill your inbox with men although it depends is the 50+ market is where you're targeting.

That’s ok, I know where the delete button is!

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Have you had anycreepsbody try to proposition you on here?

No, I haven’t. Everyone is very well-behaved - so far! It probably doesn’t help that I look like a bull-terrier though 😉 Maybe fur isn’t their thing? 

As men, what we have to bear in mind is the fact that women (even unattractive ones) are receiving countless messages. I’ve seen evidence of this, courtesy of female friends and co-workers. Whilst a ‘How are you?’ is perfectly sufficient for us, we are probably talking to a maximum of 3-4 women at any given time. But they simply don’t have the time to respond to all of their received messages, hence the need for us to open the conversation with something a bit more interesting.

ETA: I sound like one of these ‘online dating tutorial’ people. If anyone would like any further titbits, feel free to PM me and I will provide you with further insights for a small monthly subscription fee.

13 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I signed up to Bumble a couple of weeks back. I hate that we have to message first, I never know what to say and come out with piss weak “how are you?” type stuff.  I’m not sure I’m cut out for this dating site lark.

9A1593DC-9A3C-4ED7-869E-31A841D02171.gif

29 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

As men, what we have to bear in mind is the fact that women (even unattractive ones) are receiving countless messages. I’ve seen evidence of this, courtesy of female friends and co-workers. 

Have you shared this observation with your ugly female acquaintances?

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Batter the arse off her. 

:lol: Nae chance. I think I've successfully responded in a slow and uninteresting enough way to grind the conversation to a half without being overtly rude.

Not trying to pretend to be some big baller but Bumble's quite good just now likes. God bless the Rona. quitegood.png

13 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Another vote on just keeping it simple. Nothing wrong with a how are you, how was your weekend etc. Maybe something from their bio/pictures if it's likely to lead to some decent conversation. 

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Bumble is very 2017. Hinge probably the best in recent times baby.

I downloaded it,  couldn't be arsed filling out the shite they were asking in the profile bit and deleted the app straight away.

That's almost certainly an indicator of bigger issues in life but f**k it. sound.png

I also met my missus on tinder. I opened up our conversation with “hello *insert name*, what a glorious day it is today” (it was v sunny outside that day.) We didn’t meet face to face on a date however, instead we both happened to be going to the Radio 1 big weekend in Perth to see Noel Gallagher - so we met up at that and we ended up heading into the crowd with my mates and my dad. I got absolutely shit faced and started smoking ciggies in front of my old man, who had never seen the likes from me (I’m not a smoker).

Then I needed a pish but didn’t want to leave everyone, so I got my tinder match who I had just met 20 mins ago to hold a cup while I got my shlong out and pissed in said cup. My dad was standing next to me the whole time, shaking his head in disbelief/possibly shame.

Some day that was. For some reason this lassie saw something in me and the following day we went for a hungover jaunt into #perthshire countryside on what was yet another scorching summers day. A little over 2 years later we are still together.

I also met my missus on tinder. I opened up our conversation with “hello *insert name*, what a glorious day it is today” (it was v sunny outside that day.) We didn’t meet face to face on a date however, instead we both happened to be going to the Radio 1 big weekend in Perth to see Noel Gallagher - so we met up at that and we ended up heading into the crowd with my mates and my dad. I got absolutely shit faced and started smoking ciggies in front of my old man, who had never seen the likes from me (I’m not a smoker).

Then I needed a pish but didn’t want to leave everyone, so I got my tinder match who I had just met 20 mins ago to hold a cup while I got my shlong out and pissed in said cup. My dad was standing next to me the whole time, shaking his head in disbelief/possibly shame.

Some day that was. For some reason this lassie saw something in me and the following day we went for a hungover jaunt into #perthshire countryside on what was yet another scorching summers day. A little over 2 years later we are still together.

A modern day love story right enough.

I met my girlfriend on Tinder. We met three years ago on Sunday just past actually. Got steaming on a school night and ended up going back to my absolute shit tip of a flat with boxes everywhere as I was moving house the following week.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe you could do a song breaking it to them?

Daphne & Celeste? Saw them play Reading 2000. They were on before Blink 182, Rage Against The Machine and Slipknot. No really.