Tinder

All this talk of Fat Sams and Liquid is pretty disgusting frankly - I thought better of my fellow P & Bers :( Also, skint at the Union is the place to be if you want to be surrounded by students giving it large to the latest chart music..... but I would recommend each and every one of you take a night off from these boring, wanky, studenty nightclubs and spend a night at the Reading Rooms.... ;)

I would say that it really disappoints me that students come to Dundee and don't bother to venture away from the Fat Sams/ Liquid/ Underground/ Union etc and find out what a real nightclub is all about, but I'm not disappointed at all, it leaves the Reading Rooms clear of wanky students so the rest of us can have a good time :D

Liquid and envy are two separate clubs? I've always heard it called "Liquid envy" and thought Liquid was the shortened form.

Too much is better than not enough though. A high school mate of mine goes to Stirling uni and I've been up to visit for the weekend about 7 or 8 times, they only have two clubs and because of this they're always fucking rammed, past the point where clubbing is fun and at the point where wait times at the bar are prohibitive.

Liquid and envy are two separate clubs? I've always heard it called "Liquid envy" and thought Liquid was the shortened form.

Too much is better than not enough though. A high school mate of mine goes to Stirling uni and I've been up to visit for the weekend about 7 or 8 times, they only have two clubs and because of this they're always fucking rammed, past the point where clubbing is fun and at the point where wait times at the bar are prohibitive.

Meh, yeah; although I'd never consider them the same club. They play completely different music and have completely different clientele.

Aye, Stirling is not the best for a night out.

I've heard this too. One of the main ones, ten feet from a quaint bookshop, has a tiny door you'd blink-and-miss. The locals seem to absolutely love it, however.

I think Dundee is able to keep so many clubs open simply due to the student population every year. We have Fat Sams, Liquid (Envy attached as stated), the Underground (may have changed name now), Dundee Union, Abertay Union, Deja Vu and the Reading Rooms.

We also have a few nightclubs that have closed in recent-ish years, one of which used to open circa 3AM for after parties, and due it being rather underground, full soundsystem and visuals could be brought in no bother.... :D Unfortunately I'm too old and shite to be going to normal nightclubs reguarly, let alone places at 3AM to continue the party :( That and the toilets not being plumbed in resulting in literally piles and piles of old shite building up in the bathrooms..... :green :green

Rooms if you love electronic music, art students and pills. Fatties if you want to get arrested for shagging a minor. Liquid if you're in Club Dece. Envy if you're hoaching with cash and Skint on Tuesdays if you're terrified at the possibility of having a genuinely good night out. Really simple tbh.

Edit: Oh and Underground if you pound the gym regularly but don't have any sunglasses to cope with the glare in Liquid.

Edited by NotThePars

I've heard this too. One of the main ones, ten feet from a quaint bookshop, has a tiny door you'd blink-and-miss. The locals seem to absolutely love it, however.

That's the Fubar. From what some of the local students have told me the owner of the place sits on the local council's licensing board, and can veto planning permission for any new clubs, hence the duopoly.

That's the Fubar. From what some of the local students have told me the owner of the place sits on the local council's licensing board, and can veto planning permission for any new clubs, hence the duopoly.

Other one's Dusk, yeah? That's the one I went to I'm sure and I remember it for having Bucky on tap.

Other one's Dusk, yeah? That's the one I went to I'm sure and I remember it for having Bucky on tap.

That's where I've usually ended up when I've gone out there. Fubar has better burds, but Dusk has cheaper drinks, better music and sounder bouncers.

That's where I've usually ended up when I've gone out there. Fubar has better burds, but Dusk has cheaper drinks, better music and sounder bouncers.

Can't mind the music tbh which is probably down to the aforementioned Bucky on tap.

Rooms if you love electronic music, art students and pills. Fatties if you want to get arrested for shagging a minor. Liquid if you're in Club Dece. Envy if you're hoaching with cash and Skint on Tuesdays if you're terrified at the possibility of having a genuinely good night out. Really simple tbh.

Edit: Oh and Underground if you pound the gym regularly but don't have any sunglasses to cope with the glare in Liquid.

Summed it up perfectly mate.

Never been to the Reading Rooms Simon whereabouts is it???

Skint Tuesdays are back soon for freshers, Basshunters playing, I'm in!! :lol:

The Reading Rooms is on Blackscroft, which is a few minutes from the bus station - in the direction of Albert Street in Stobswell.

I'm surprised Basshunter is allowed back in Scotland after sexually assaulting several women in Kittys in Kirkcaldy on his last visit :lol: I think going to see Basshunter would be the same sort of comedy value as a few of my mates got going to see Dj Rankin a wee while ago....:D

If you decide to head to Rooms, make your first time at Contour. It's by far the best run and most rammed of the student based nights and it doesn't cost a ton to get in.

Nightclub cleaners must get all the clunge :(

Aye. Plank the mop behind a bin, off for a fumble and back to work within the hour.

Anyway got some action last night through more traditional means, still hoping that tinder oicks up though!

Stirling has been totally ruined for nightlife since 'Red Rooms' or 'the Med' as everyone called it, attached to Meadowpark Hotel in Bridge of Allan right next to the uni, was closed. Always guaranteed an excellent night out there.

Fubar and Dusk are both good clubs, but I do feel a bit sorry for those starting uni in Stirling now as it's all they'll ever know.

I fucking miss both the Med, and my student days. Now I work full time and have a long-term girlfriend. Life is no fun any more.

Stirling has been totally ruined for nightlife since 'Red Rooms' or 'the Med' as everyone called it, attached to Meadowpark Hotel in Bridge of Allan right next to the uni, was closed. Always guaranteed an excellent night out there.

Fubar and Dusk are both good clubs, but I do feel a bit sorry for those starting uni in Stirling now as it's all they'll ever know.

I fucking miss both the Med, and my student days. Now I work full time and have a long-term girlfriend. Life is no fun any more.

Theres a new club in Bridge of Allan called 24 below who do Monday and Saturday nights during the semester. Bit small and out of the way but it gives another option instead of constant dusk and fubar.