Tinder

I prefer variety......

Nah, I think there's an expectation that people are in relationship "you found someone yet" etc.

But I've got the kids, the mutt and to be honest it's a strain in my mental health. I find social connections very difficult, nature of BPD.

Maybe I'll change once girls are teenagers but I also don't want a trail of partners through their life either.

I can seperate the physical from the emotional very easily too so I can draw on some people I know if the need arises 😱

8 hours ago, RH33 said:

I've tried tinder, bumble, match, PoF and come to the conclusion I'm irredeemably gugget

Spoiler

Only kidding, this seems to be a good natured and encouraging thread. A bit like the depression thread, but for horny people.

There's always the chance this could work out better for you. I've come to terms recently with the fact I don't want an exclusive relationship either and found that being upfront about that helps a lot. Meeting or chatting to people without the fear/pressure of 'is this the one?' or 'do we both want the same thing here?' hanging over you is so much better. Found it genuinely liberating and I find I'm much less nervous about dating and more importantly actually building close relationships with people because we know where we stand.

Basically not wanting an exclusive relationship doesn't mean you can't have the nice things that people can give you. Maybe try the no-pressure approach and see how you get on : ) 

7 hours ago, RawB93 said:
  Hide contents

Only kidding, this seems to be a good natured and encouraging thread. A bit like the depression thread, but for horny people.

There's always the chance this could work out better for you. I've come to terms recently with the fact I don't want an exclusive relationship either and found that being upfront about that helps a lot. Meeting or chatting to people without the fear/pressure of 'is this the one?' or 'do we both want the same thing here?' hanging over you is so much better. Found it genuinely liberating and I find I'm much less nervous about dating and more importantly actually building close relationships with people because we know where we stand.

Basically not wanting an exclusive relationship doesn't mean you can't have the nice things that people can give you. Maybe try the no-pressure approach and see how you get on : ) 

I have no interest in meeting 'the one'. Been there, done that. (I'm female for clarity) 

I used a(should be but plenty drama queens) straightforward hookup site and had decent hit rate.

I have zero interest in dating, if I want to go out for a meal I take my kids or friends. Again part of this is the BPD. I've a very small circle.of friends for same.reason.

Like a good car, regular servicing all I need. 🤣🤣

Reading the thread, I wish you all luck. Whether you're looking for love or just a bit of fun. 

My dating days are long behind me. Internet dating sites didn't exist when I was single, and don't know if things are better with them for people or not. If I re-entered the dating scene now I'd be hopelessly lost in all this. 

My step-daughter met hew new partner through the internet. No idea what site, but he's from Glasgow and she lives in Linlithgow and I doubt their paths would ever have crossed in the old days of chatting folk up in pubs.