Tinder

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2016 at 20:21, Southside Hibee said:

I had a Tinder meetup last Wednesday, it was certainly interesting to say the least.

I met the lucky lady for a few drinks, after a few drinks she informed me that she was going to her friend's(who wasn't even in the pub) house, she invited me to join her. I accepted her offer. Anyway, we were off to the bus stop; whilst waiting for the bus, she goes in for a kiss, I turn my cheek on her as I wasn't sure whether she was looking for a 'pull' or a kiss on the cheek -  she soon informs me afterwards that she was looking for some tounge to tounge, so I duly obliged & I was having her tonsils for supper whilst at the bus stop.

We get to the friend's house, but it soon becomes apparent that the house is a shit tip. I get greeted in the living room by; the friend, the friend's mother, empty wrappers of tobacco & food etc, a mattress on the floor & NCIS on the tv. The lassie who I had met in the pub was sitting on the mattress & invited to me sit on it with her, I reluctantly accepted her invitation; she instantly came in for a wee cuddle, but that was the calm before the storm. Around five minutes into this rather awkward social gathering, my cuddle buddy decided to go all in for some more tounge to tounge, so picture the scene - I am playing tonsil tennis with this lassie(who at the time is also stroking my tadger underneath the covers), this is all going on whilst the friend & the mother are still in the same room. We go on & on playing some tonsil tennis, my tadger is getting some stagefright; as you can imagine, being watched by two people is rather off-putting. There is some sophistication brought to the night when her friend farts quite loudly :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The tounge to tounge is put on hold for while, as my 'date' is getting tucked in to some chips -  she decided to feed me some, In the back of my head I am fearing that I may contract salmonlela from eating something that had been cooked in this house, which wouldn't look out of place in Trainspotting. At this time I am having a bit of contrived conversation with the mother in the room, I am struggling to find something to discuss, so we end up talking about hot chocolate & she informs me that she got a bargain in pound stretchers, the bargain being Galaxy hot chocolate for 25p; only the two weeks out-of-date, but not enough to deter this lady from buying it :lol: :lol: :lol:

The clock strikes eleven & it is time to go home, I leave my meet at the bus stop to a kiss & a pleasant exchange of 'see you soon' etc, sadly I don't think she was digging a bit of Southside Hibee anymore the day after... 

The search continues...

So what happened next?

6 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

So what happened next?

Away home on the bus, and straight over to Poundies in the morning for some bargain hot chocolate (only a slight aftertaste of rot).

• 1 month later...

I'm now back on this after a 5 year absence. Deary me the app has changed a bit since then. Tinder Gold, Platinum, Plus...very overwhelming. A mere 2 minutes after I set my profile up I had '6 likes' from ladies I can seemingly only reveal by subscribing to Gold. Obviously a ploy to get you to subscribe. I'll pass, thanks. Quite happy being single just now so hopefully if anything I can get a laugh out of it.

52 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm now back on this after a 5 year absence. Deary me the app has changed a bit since then. Tinder Gold, Platinum, Plus...very overwhelming. A mere 2 minutes after I set my profile up I had '6 likes' from ladies I can seemingly only reveal by subscribing to Gold. Obviously a ploy to get you to subscribe. I'll pass, thanks. Quite happy being single just now so hopefully if anything I can get a laugh out of it.

Decided to take the plunge into this a wee while ago and the exact same thing happened to me, 5 "likes" right off the bat. There was an offer of 50% off Tinder Gold at the time, they seem to do this regularly, so I took the further plunge and all of these "likes" purported to be lassies from China, and I couldn't help but think that distance may prove to be a slight fly in the ointment. 

Like yourself, not placing too much hope in it and taking the "anything's a bonus" approach. Had a bit of saucy chat but nothing tangible as yet...

It’s now (bloody hell, time flies) 14 years since I started at the OLD for a 4/5 year period. From the stories I hear from various (male and female) pals I can’t help but think I hit it at just the right time.

Maybe also being late-30s at the time was also a bit of a purple patch - probably at the apex point of me being interesting/ solvent/ handsome/ fit/enthusiastic/ naive/cynical / * top shagger. And more than a few years before I met PnB, make of that what you will! 😂

tl;dr - had a great time, not so sure I’d fancy it these days. 

Watch out for Catfishes, you can usually spot it if they’ve got no full length pictures in their profile and it’s all close up selfies. I got done a belter once by a lassie using pictures that were easily 2/3 years prior. She walked round the corner and I wasn’t even sure if it was her, stay safe kids

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Watch out for Catfishes, you can usually spot it if they’ve got no full length pictures in their profile and it’s all close up selfies. I got done a belter once by a lassie using pictures that were easily 2/3 years prior. She walked round the corner and I wasn’t even sure if it was her, stay safe kids

And how did you proceed after you seen her?

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Solid advice. I've made sure to add several photos of my full length, hopefully that gives the ladies all the encouragement they need.

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

@The Real Saints I’m sure was also catfished by a hippo. Was quite an amusing story.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I've tried tinder, bumble, match, PoF and come to the conclusion o genuinely can't be arsed with a relationship.

Genuine question: why do you say that?  

You obviously did want a relationship, otherwise you wouldn't have used those apps, so what changed your mind?