Tinder

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

im kind of assuming that super likes work on some kind of "oh wow this guy must genuinely really like my profile and doesnt just want a pump n' dump or he'd have given me a regular like" principle for girls, have used a couple on that basis so far the night (edit: or the algorithm does algorithmy things and makes them more likely to see my profile/see my like a lot quicker than drip feeding it through to them)

Works every time when they are French, is what I learned about super likes

literally just noticed that with gold theres a wee tab that gives you a timer which is presumably when the person you've liked will receive it, im sure this wasnt displayed on the free version. Sneaky sneaky. edit: also twigged that the recommended matches should if its accurate receive likes quicker, so i started from there.

apparently users used to get 1x free super like on the free app a day too, now have to pay in order to get 5x a week (so you're now paying to get 2x less per week than you used to get for nothing, typical)

me waiting over the weekend to see if i can get my first reply on a match:

image.png.93f19d27e38b29d9d18161602855a4be.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think I'll just stick with dying alone tbqhwy this sounds utterly torturous. 

To an auld duffer who's been married 25 years this whole online thing sounds like an awfy palaver.

Can ye no' just meet a lassie doon the dancin' and get her pumped any more?.

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Hard balance between being fair and letting folk know a bit about me vs. keeping quiet about certain things, but I lean towards just facing up to things and being honest.

Fair play but this may be another reason you've struggled a wee bit for bites so far - given that most will assume everyone is exaggerating (or downright lying) they may assume you're doing the same. So a mildly negative "fact" will be read as being a moderately negative one.

Good luck anyway in finding a few good folk to get to know better.

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

im kind of assuming that super likes work on some kind of "oh wow this guy must genuinely really like my profile and doesnt just want a pump n' dump or he'd have given me a regular like" principle for girls, have used a couple on that basis so far the night (edit: or the algorithm does algorithmy things and makes them more likely to see my profile/see my like a lot quicker than drip feeding it through to them)

One of them legit looked absolutely sensational and even had a snappy one liner in her profile. With that, TDN had fallen in love.

Ditto the qt 21 y/o Irish girl I've matched with from the other day and messaged... that has yet to reply, and likely never will.

God this app is going to be heartbreaking to use, and yet I already kinda love it :lol:

Also - amusingly seen a girl on spotlight a few times that I definitely recognise, is a friend of a friend from my younger teenage days that must be in the area. Alas, I'm far too much of a shitebag to either swipe naw on her (because she's gorgeous and iirc pleasant in person too) but also can't bring myself to swipe yes either in case I bump into her while I'm out and she's a little bit weirded out by it, always just go into one of the other feeds when I see her crop up.

Just hit like on the one you know, if shes as nice as you say then she wont bother if she discretely knocks you back, if she swipes right on you then you can get a bit of chat going. 
As for your pics, stick some of you travelling or on holiday, got one at the Eiffel tower? Good conversation starter and makes you appear all cultured and stuff, im sure as a jags fan you must have done a ‘gap yah’ somewhere?

As for if they reply, dont get yerself worried about that, just chat to whoever is chatting. But see as an aside, have you ever thought about joining a hill walking club or some kind of hobby where you might meet someone instead? Or even go to an in person speed dating type affair? 

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Fair play but this may be another reason you've struggled a wee bit for bites so far - given that most will assume everyone is exaggerating (or downright lying) they may assume you're doing the same. So a mildly negative "fact" will be read as being a moderately negative one.

Good luck anyway in finding a few good folk to get to know better.

Ta for that... aye, ive fucked about with the wording again a wee bit 😂 it scans fine to me now, see how it goes

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just hit like on the one you know, if shes as nice as you say then she wont bother if she discretely knocks you back, if she swipes right on you then you can get a bit of chat going. 
As for your pics, stick some of you travelling or on holiday, got one at the Eiffel tower? Good conversation starter and makes you appear all cultured and stuff, im sure as a jags fan you must have done a ‘gap yah’ somewhere?

As for if they reply, dont get yerself worried about that, just chat to whoever is chatting. But see as an aside, have you ever thought about joining a hill walking club or some kind of hobby where you might meet someone instead? Or even go to an in person speed dating type affair? 

Havent seen her on it since, ill give her a like if she crops up,  f**k it.

Nothing recent enough i can use i dont think, about 99% of my phone pics over the last 5 years are of my former fiancee, the pets and/or both. As above, its caveated a bit in the bio so hopefully all ties everything together nicely like the dudes rug.

Being off the cigs helps a bit tbf, got more money to play with so ill look to take more up, going to be after new year at this point but.

Near 10 years since I was last OLD so my view very likely may not be relevant now.

But the free sites like PoF (if there are any now) were generally a complete waste of time. Just women hooering themselves out for attention. 

Find a site where both men and women have to pay to be on there and you’ll find people significantly more motivated to take it offline and be real about it. 

Whether those sites are still even a thing now in a world of AI chatbots may well be a moot point… 

On 17/12/2022 at 00:21, 'WellDel said:

To an auld duffer who's been married 25 years this whole online thing sounds like an awfy palaver.

Can ye no' just meet a lassie doon the dancin' and get her pumped any more?.

Aye you can, and also it must be said that if you can't suceed in talking to a woman in real life then you're not going to suceed online either as they will quickly sus out ones who have zero social skills, respect or etiqutte. But like all modern technology, it is ruthlessly efficiant, especially the app format ones.Efficient in the sense that A, it does alot of the ground work for you and B), most importantly actually, if you are not a complete idiot, then you need never again waste time chasing lost causes!. If you were to go down the dancing, perhaps twice a week at most, you could spend hours laying the ground work with someone only for her to turn around later and say " oh thanks but i have a boyfriend" when your in the dancing, you can't chat up multiple girls at once to narrow down the highest chances ( unless your as handsome as me obviously!) or else you would probably recieve a slap or two. also,with in person  you are somewhat confined to your local area or an extremely lucky chance encounter, Stirling and cumbernauld are both only around 10 miles from me but  I would be unlikely to just meet a single female ( who must also be interested in me) and have something happen, in somehwere like the thislte centre or even a pub.

If you live in a populated area - which most of us do by definition , the number of people around you but whom you would not ordinarily cross paths with is actually huge. I'm in Falkirk so i only had to set mine to a 50 mile radius - about an hours drive give or take, to cover all of Glasgow and Edinburgh, the entire M8 corridor, Stirlingshire, Clackmannan & most of fife. How many pairs of dancing shoes would you go through trying to cover that kind of ground? And that's not even the best part, once your profile is made, it does out there and does the work for you whilst you are free to carry on your business. that's what technology does, saves you the monotonous part of labour, you then pick up the job at the next stage which is actualy engaging with interested persons.

Never send a human to do a machines job!

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I know you mean well but the thought of that utterly traumatises me.

Thing is, I get its easy to say ‘dont care about what people think’ but there has to be a degree of that, putting yourself out there so to speak. I think if i had to go back to the dating thing id genuinely give so much less of a f**k what people thought about me. Dating is absolutely horrible isnt it?

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thing is, I get its easy to say ‘dont care about what people think’ but there has to be a degree of that, putting yourself out there so to speak. I think if i had to go back to the dating thing id genuinely give so much less of a f**k what people thought about me. Dating is absolutely horrible isnt it?

Tbf the last time I was dating it was my second year of Uni so the process as I recall was fairly rudimentary end of evening stuff. If the wife kicks me out I'll be both terrified and delighted.

A female friend once told me that she only wanted for three things on a blind date.

1. For them to turn up.

2. To resemble their profile pic.

3. Not be a serial killer.

Due to the poor quality of the dates she endured she later reassessed that to any two out of of the possible three would be acceptable.