Largs Thistle hosting Old Firm Legends Game

Barrfields is hosting the legends game on Sunday 6th April 2pm kick off. Entrance £6/£3 to see Andy Goram's team v Frank McGarvey's team of legends and guests. All gate money to charity to support disabled and disadvantaged children. Players so far include Bobby Petta, Charlie Miller, Owen Archdeacon, John 'Sniffer' MacDonald and many others. I'm told that Don's famous chilli n rice will make an appearance in the pie shop. Fauldhouse Utd hosted this last year with great success, despite a couple of hostile postings so.....keep it clean and let the charity win!

The same guy John Clifford ran a charity nite in America for the late tommy burns Celtic never even got a penny don't b fooled by the players that's gony b there they said the same at fauldhouse but the players weren't there

The same guy John Clifford ran a charity nite in America for the late tommy burns Celtic never even got a penny don't b fooled by the players that's gony b there they said the same at fauldhouse but the players weren't there

Exact same happened down here I'm led to believe.

Only A couple of the faces promised made it and a few days prior to the game they put the word out for local amateur boys to purchase a game in living your dream of playing for the old firm.

These boys paid for their game alongside a couple of old firm legends , a few of our ex players were contacted too to live the dream.

From what I heard from fans attended was the whole thing looked really cheap skate with strips etc and that it was pretty poor fare.

Exact same happened down here I'm led to believe.

Only A couple of the faces promised made it and a few days prior to the game they put the word out for local amateur boys to purchase a game in living your dream of playing for the old firm.

These boys paid for their game alongside a couple of old firm legends , a few of our ex players were contacted too to live the dream.

From what I heard from fans attended was the whole thing looked really cheap skate with strips etc and that it was pretty poor fare.

Aye, went along to Bellsdale for this last year and it was a load of nonsense, think of the starting 22 only 3 players had ever played for the old firm. Celtic had Stevie O'Neill in goals and Jose Quitongo in attack lol. No sure which charity it was in aid of and there was a decent crowd though so maybe it raised a few quid for a good cause.

Know somebody who is involved with a club who hosted this game before. It is a scam. They need to move it around to avoid ripping off the same people again.

People were paying £20 for a DVD recording of the match and they did not even have anybody to film the match. DVD has still to be sent out from last year!

The people running this could not organise a piss up in a brewery! When annoyed people were asking questions there were no answers.

This is a warning to local people in Largs. Do not touch this match with a barge pole.

Know somebody who is involved with a club who hosted this game before. It is a scam. They need to move it around to avoid ripping off the same people again.

People were paying £20 for a DVD recording of the match and they did not even have anybody to film the match. DVD has still to be sent out from last year!

The people running this could not organise a piss up in a brewery! When annoyed people were asking questions there were no answers.

This is a warning to local people in Largs. Do not touch this match with a barge pole.

Heard ^^ from someone prominent at Beith, not management or committee but in the know and upset doesn't come close!

Fingers crossed this isn't the same, it's horrible for the likes of myself that does organise fundraisers that people do things that make people question stuff.

At least I will sleep well tonight, well if that cough stops and the wife lets me off the sofa obviously ;)

They just make up

Charities as they go along the guy is a rip

Of merchant Celtic never got a penny from

An event over in America for the late tommy burns stay away

Any actual stone cold evidence to back up this claim? Not having a go, just curious.

• 1 month later...

This guy Clifford is a scammer just done same at port Glasgow only 3 old firm players and 16 in each team meant 29 players at £100 plus gate about 1200 people their sells food gets companies to do sponsorship does players and gate raffle .hires wee girls and only his family work the cash.

The charities get nowt promises the earth and gives nothing makes on average about £10 -£15 k a game no company records till 8 May this year time he was stuck in and it will happen soon as he upset a load of people at this game

Search' Mcneill fury at "lost" Jinky funds'.....I'm unable to paste it here.It certainly suggests that this guy has some'previous',both at home and abroad.

The one that got me was when these people turn up at your ground and current committee members volunteer to man the turnstiles as per normal but get shunted to the side as these people were very anxious to do it themselves.....

Says it all really for me..........

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, went along to Bellsdale for this last year and it was a load of nonsense, think of the starting 22 only 3 players had ever played for the old firm. Celtic had Stevie O'Neill in goals and Jose Quitongo in attack lol. No sure which charity it was in aid of and there was a decent crowd though so maybe it raised a few quid for a good cause.

my m8 played in an OF game at Holm park few month ago and quitongo was playing for Celtic haha

Archived