The Alloa Athletic Thread

Not what we expected, as everyone has suggested. That season at Queen’s Park where he grabbed 8 goals is probably his highlight and what we will be hoping for. It’s another option for us and gives us some experience off the bench, as opposed to the young guns. Hard to judge him at Championship level, big gap in terms of scoring goals between the leagues. Spence the prime example!

Hope Donnelly doesn’t spell the end of the squad incomings, so let’s just wait and see.  

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Not what we expected, as everyone has suggested. That season at Queen’s Park where he grabbed 8 goals is probably his highlight and what we will be hoping for. It’s another option for us and gives us some experience off the bench, as opposed to the young guns. Hard to judge him at Championship level, big gap in terms of scoring goals between the leagues. Spence the prime example!

Hope Donnelly doesn’t spell the end of the squad incomings, so let’s just wait and see.  

Or Charlie Lytwyn (for the older fans).

Not the signing we needed,we needed pace and an eye for goal with good finishing,someone to partner Sammon.Luke is not the answer.Hate saying this but it kind of looks like a last minute desperation signing.That will be the last signing I recon.We,and other clubs are struggling just now to get players in,and we are a very thin looking squad.Nowhere near enough players signed this season.

11 hours ago, Alloa 68 said:

Not the signing we needed,we needed pace and an eye for goal with good finishing,someone to partner Sammon.Luke is not the answer.Hate saying this but it kind of looks like a last minute desperation signing.That will be the last signing I recon.We,and other clubs are struggling just now to get players in,and we are a very thin looking squad.Nowhere near enough players signed this season.

2 loan spaces left and a month or so to fill it. Very much doubt that we are done. 

Posted five mins ago on club site. David Devine, 21 loan from Motherwell. Hinting on FB there may be another to come.
I’ve not heard anything about the lad but he’s 6ft3 defender.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2022/09/01/devine-signing-for-the-wasps/?fbclid=IwAR0SZiwwAe4Hv4POjR4prGzVqBUycppLA9_496661rp0uqEz_HMoDVXuCCI

43 minutes ago, Alloamad said:

Posted five mins ago on club site. David Devine, 21 loan from Motherwell. Hinting on FB there may be another to come.
I’ve not heard anything about the lad but he’s 6ft3 defender.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2022/09/01/devine-signing-for-the-wasps/?fbclid=IwAR0SZiwwAe4Hv4POjR4prGzVqBUycppLA9_496661rp0uqEz_HMoDVXuCCI

Had an unlucky couple of years, by the sound of it.

Elsewhere, it recently came up in conversation that someone I know is friends with a guy who plays in goal for Rangers...a certain Mr Hogarth. They'd no idea he was at Alloa these days. Anyone have any messages of support to pass on? I've already asked if he enjoyed his day off last Saturday  :P

23 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

What’s the script with Mr Howie guys? Injured or not fancied at the minute?

Very much in our plans , he has had surgery apparently and back soon hopefully  (he said )

he has been very good for us since our previous mistake was in charge .