The Alloa Athletic Thread

Interesting reaction from Steven boyd while being applauded off the park on saturday  or lack of it to be truthful

So Brian rice was in charge when SB left/was freed from Hamilton ? 

he may not be too keen to be re-united with him again 

maybe i am overthinking this , thoughts anyone  ?

Edited by Vegetableman

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

First impressions. Very good guy. Likeable. Sense of humour. Can't wait for the fun factor to be back on Saturday.

On the football side, on paper, bags of experience. Happy with the appointment.

Do you work for BBC radio Scotland by any chance?

26 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

So are you now saying Bazza was a raging lunatic? giphy.gif

Contrary to popular belief they're not bad guys who wanted to run the club into the ground. To me, Barry and Bob were always professional but it certainly wasn't working on the park. You can be honest and say they were never popular from the beginning and that definitely contributed to the standoff between fans and management.

Every time we get a new manager I half expect the next Paulo Di Canio, some kind of exceptionalist who is always emotionally charged and has everyone on tenterhooks. I'm always relieved when it's pleasant and professional. 

Fantastic article by Kieran on twitter that really gives a hopeful insight into Mr Rice. My only concern, and I hope it's unfounded, is that our younger lads who came through the youth set up will walk. 

Pretty sure they will be scunnered and eager to move on, if not moved on due to lack of game time.

There is plenty dross there stealing wages who should be emptied, agent Connolly time to really get to work.

Lets unite behind the new gaffer and team to give us something to build on next year.

Some timing leaving Menstrie a week before being appointed here!

I understand the reservations some people might have, but it's nice to be back to looking forward to seeing what we do under a new manager instead of dreading it. It's probably a good time to take over too; only relegation will be considered poor performance, and if he can avoid flirting with that, then he's got a good long run to bed in for next season.

13 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Wow, he has a personality, great start. 👏👏

Thought I'd give it a watch. Comes across very well, personable and lives for football. Night and day difference to BF who I didn't see having the dedication to youth, academy, recruitment, club management etc.

Interested to see what he can do at Alloa. His budget will be more competitive at Alloa in L1 than with Hamilton in the prem.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 21/02/2022 at 16:52, LeodhasXD said:

Contrary to popular belief they're not bad guys who wanted to run the club into the ground. To me, Barry and Bob were always professional but it certainly wasn't working on the park. You can be honest and say they were never popular from the beginning and that definitely contributed to the standoff between fans and management.

Every time we get a new manager I half expect the next Paulo Di Canio, some kind of exceptionalist who is always emotionally charged and has everyone on tenterhooks. I'm always relieved when it's pleasant and professional. 

Will we be getting a return of the A Team music now Barry's away or was that just false talk that he put a stop it

Its the first thing my son asked when he knew he was gone 🙈

56 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

Will we be getting a return of the A Team music now Barry's away or was that just false talk that he put a stop it

Its the first thing my son asked when he knew he was gone 🙈

That's fake news again. I'll see what I can do though.

3 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

So why did it stop, (around the same time he appeared )  and what happened to gerry ?

Pretty sure Gerry bought the Gartmorn pub. I don't remember. And because we asked one of the regular journos to do the announcements but he's not great with the cd's.

Edited by LeodhasXD