The Alloa Athletic Thread

19 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Checking out the club website and barry is off the staff list

But !  bob is still on it 

I hope this isn't going  to be an interim arrangement  ?

Surely not 😩

Agreed...clean sweep required.....complete fresh start with the management team required...........which might take a little time (granted)

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Surely not 😩

Surely to god this won't happen,though given the disaster our season's been nothing would surprise me now.Big Andy in,and a clean sweep surely.If not christ,i dread to think,Ferguson was the brains of the outfit,Please don't let it be so.

Edited by Alloa 68

13 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I think he did but he doesn't like sacking managers .

if the reports are anything to go by and BF did tender his resignation MM could have refused it 

but  MM does not stand in the way of any manager wanting to go  , who knows what was really said between both parties ?

Very telling that the statement makes no mention of the chairman trying to talk him out of resigning?

10 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Surely not 😩

Give them a chance 😃

If Bob Malcolm under contract they will have to come to an agreement with him. He didnt resign after all. BF only resigned yesterday afternoon, its very rare that the mess is cleaned up in half a day even at the top level, never mind at a part time club.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Give them a chance 😃

If Bob Malcolm under contract they will have to come to an agreement with him. He didnt resign after all. BF only resigned yesterday afternoon, its very rare that the mess is cleaned up in half a day even at the top level, never mind at a part time club.

i am a born worrier , didn't take them long to remove BF you see . anyway you never know with mike .

Genuinely glad for you guys to see the back of Barry at Alloa. He is without a doubt one of the worst managers and was easily the most arrogant and disrespectful manager Clyde have ever had. Absolutely could not take any criticism, split up the core of a team that had previously made the playoffs  before he took over then threw money at players from leagues above to fix the issues, he was someone players didn’t want to play for and almost seemed scared to try anything incase he had a go at them. So I’m utterly unsurprised to see history repeat itself and honestly glad this guy is gone, he is the biggest frauds in our game. If he was serious about it he would have got an experienced head beside him to show him the ropes but instead got his wee yes man pal.

His resignation no matter how he spins it on the radio is to save his own face and make him seem like a nice guy, and with his pals on the radio last night stroking his ego and licking his arse saying he deserves a shot at a big gig because he was a great player and he can’t convey his ideas to lower quality players etc, also doing a segment if he should be at Rangers, no wonder he has such a stinking attitude and high opinion of his skills. Was a baffling appointment then and a baffling appointment now. Hope Andy Graham gets the gig for you guys.

Im not bitter about Barry…

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 minute ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

When Barry left Clyde we still had Bob in charge for next match as he hadn’t resigned. A grim sight with him on touch line looking totally disinterested. 

Beat me to it…. Was truly one of  the worst experiences watching him standing arms folded saying absolutely nothing to the players all night. Totally embarrassing and not surprising behaviour from him!

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

with his pals on the radio last night stroking his ego and licking his arse saying he deserves a shot at a big gig because he was a great player and he can’t convey his ideas to lower quality players etc

Fucking hell. 

That is truly scraping the barrell for excuses as to why you are consistently an absolutely shite gaffer. 

Maybe he could become the new Rangers kitman, that current wee bigot gremlin they have must be ready for retirement and Barry seems like he’d be the ideal replacement.

15 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

https://youtu.be/12vwoi8iNV4

For those of you that haven’t seen this honking pish interview with Barry

I've only watched the first few minutes of that, but Ferguson comes across quite well at that point. Which makes it even more strange that he was so rarely seen in post-match. I thought him saying that he was "taken aback" by the performance on Saturday and that it "was the longest 80 minutes of my managerial career" were interesting lines. I dare say if his communication with Wasps fans was a wee bit better then they might've taken to him a bit more.

He's clearly a really, really bad loser. I think he's very emotion-driven, and he's clearly got massive problems with man-management. But, from the first few minutes at least, he comes across quite well I felt. It's just odd that he rarely wanted to communicate in that way with Wasps fans.

Apparently Alex  Ferguson had the same  issues when he was East stirling manager 

Jim goodwin we ruined him too

Jack ross never to be seen again 

A good manager gets the best out of the players he has 

what a slimy excuse for it not working out .

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've only watched the first few minutes of that, but Ferguson comes across quite well at that point. Which makes it even more strange that he was so rarely seen in post-match. I thought him saying that he was "taken aback" by the performance on Saturday and that it "was the longest 80 minutes of my managerial career" were interesting lines. I dare say if his communication with Wasps fans was a wee bit better then they might've taken to him a bit more.

He's clearly a really, really bad loser. I think he's very emotion-driven, and he's clearly got massive problems with man-management. But, from the first few minutes at least, he comes across quite well I felt. It's just odd that he rarely wanted to communicate in that way with Wasps fans.

I agree he comes across well but given how he has communicated with fans and players during his stints with Clyde and Alloa, it’s hard to see how this isn’t just him in “ media mode” trying to come across as a nice guy. As you say it’s weird he doesn’t communicate with fans that way considering he clearly can do it when he wants to. I’d agree he’s very very emotional and allows that for him to lose the head a bit. 

Im willing to admit I’m wrong with this viewpoint, I’m not his biggest fan anyway going in and I am very biased against him after the state he left Clyde in. 

21 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Apparently Alex  Ferguson had the same  issues when he was East stirling manager 

Jim goodwin we ruined him too

Jack ross never to be seen again 

A good manager gets the best out of the players he has 

what a slimy excuse for it not working out .

For what it’s worth, Barry wasn’t the one saying that. Just his pals on the show. He said he couldn’t get Alloa playing the football he wanted to, either that’s a him problem or a player problem. I’m going with the former

Just now, Ocelot1877 said:

For what it’s worth, Barry wasn’t the one saying that. Just his pals on the show. He said he couldn’t get Alloa playing the football he wanted to, either that’s a him problem or a player problem. I’m going with the former

yeah i knew that i should have mentioned it , the grovelling barstewards .

1 minute ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Correct- Fergusons commentary was fine for what it was, although the whole exercise reeked of face saving. He didnt exactly put the brakes on his pal Guidi going hilariously over the top though, but I guess hes not going to knock back that degree of self promotion.

22 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I’m not a fan of his but thought he came across quite well too. I recall listening to his brother Derek on the radio saying he went to watch one of his training sessions (when managing at Clyde I think) and Barry was getting the players to practice accurate long distance passing. He showed them what he wanted by pinging pin point passes across the pitch. When it was the players turn he became increasingly frustrated by the fact some players just didn’t have the same accuracy and couldn’t understand this. I think his brothers advice to him was although he could do things naturally with the ball he shouldn’t boil up assuming everyone can do the same. 

On 15/02/2022 at 10:49, BroadwoodBoy said:

When Barry left Clyde we still had Bob in charge for next match as he hadn’t resigned. A grim sight with him on touch line looking totally disinterested. 

Did he leave soon after ?