The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

Andy Graham was asked the question last week by a mate of mine if he would take the reins and he told him he still enjoys playing, but its different situation when its offered in front of you 

It'd also be a bad look if it got back to the (then) manager that one of his players was thinking about managing the team someday. That management team don't seem the types to take that well.

18 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

If you had seen Parry on Saturday you wouldn’t be saying that. Think it must have been his pish twin brother that  turned up at the weekend. 
Although same could be said for whole team tbf. 

well he won't be back anyway ,  Neil seemed to be coming back and looked fitter than his last time with us  

1 hour ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

Can't wait to hear him say it was the players fault in his column and radio show. goodbye and good riddance. 

Would never put myself through the indignity of listening to or reading anything that gobshite has to say, but I think its pretty much a given that he'll deflect blame onto the players and the fans. I'll have "I'm more suited to managing better players at the top end of leagues" in my Barry's Bullshit Bingo card for the next week.

We'll also have to endure his media buddies all bitching about how Alloa didnt give him enough time and he fought valiantly in an uphill task because fans didnt take to him due to his Rangers connections blah, blah, blah.

Strangely, it wouldnt surprise me at all if he somehow talked his way into the QotS or Queen's Park job.

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Would never put myself through the indignity of listening to or reading anything that gobshite has to say, but I think its pretty much a given that he'll deflect blame onto the players and the fans. I'll have "I'm more suited to managing better players at the top end of leagues" in my Barry's Bullshit Bingo card for the next week.

We'll also have to endure his media buddies all bitching about how Alloa didnt give him enough time and he fought valiantly in an uphill task because fans didnt take to him due to his Rangers connections blah, blah, blah.

Strangely, it wouldnt surprise me at all if he somehow talked his way into the QotS or Queen's Park job.

The resignation thing is merely a term used to save face for him and it may be easier in the future for him to get a job without another sacking on his CV, But  the truth is he was sacked and not before time, 

T

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I would not be averse to see Peter grant back on an interim basis till the end of the season

we need Andy on the park and concentrating on that alone  ( see jim goodwin )

If mike mulraney had his way he would still be here anyway , would be interesting if nothing else 

Glad BF went of his own accord and he takes a smidgeon of credit for that but not for anything else 

it is like walking around and surveying the damage of a house fire  .

Neil parry sorely missed 

Mendy signed as a replacement for Andy graham (IMO anyway )!!!!!!

Hutton ?

will reserve judgement on the other players when under new management 

some will improve now hopefully 

11 games and 33 points up for grabs now

Whilst I am a massive fan of Andy Graham as a player and person I'd far rather see him hanging up the boots and leading us. Durnan and Howie at CB. A new assistant manager with a bit of nous would be an added bonus.

Graham would have instant respect from players and fans. He engages supporters and that is what this club needs right now. 

Imo the chairman and ex manager have come to an agreement that suits both.

Anyhow he's gone and I won't be wasting anymore time thinking about him. Chapter ended. Looks like I'm heading back to the recs sooner than expected.😁😁

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

No danger, be surprised if he gets another managers post at a league club, Syngenta allegedly????

23 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Whilst I am a massive fan of Andy Graham as a player and person I'd far rather see him hanging up the boots and leading us. Durnan and Howie at CB. A new assistant manager with a bit of nous would be an added bonus.

Graham would have instant respect from players and fans. He engages supporters and that is what this club needs right now. 

Imo the chairman and ex manager have come to an agreement that suits both.

Anyhow he's gone and I won't be wasting anymore time thinking about him. Chapter ended. Looks like I'm heading back to the recs sooner than expected.😁😁

I don't trust Durnan as a captain and Howie is a bit raw , but we shall see him better now , prefer it if Andy is in there looking after them

we still have some work to do to get going again ,and we still need to be patient  one or two games to adapt then  9 crucial to avoid danger 

onwards and upwards though starting with a positive response from the players at Dumbarton which i may now make my way to NOW  🙂

15 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If Mulroney genuinely didn't want him to go then Alloa have a real problem.

I think he did but he doesn't like sacking managers .

if the reports are anything to go by and BF did tender his resignation MM could have refused it 

but  MM does not stand in the way of any manager wanting to go  , who knows what was really said between both parties ?

Edited by Vegetableman

Totally unrelated to the biggest news today but Durnan is one of the ones I trust the most out of Ferguson’s signings. Think he’s been solid. Talks a lot on the park, especially to young Church. 

Agree Andy would be a massive miss on the park, however, a Howie / Durnan partnership with Andy in a suit at the helm is quite the prospect!

6 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I don't trust Durnan as a captain and Howie is a bit raw , but we shall see him better now , prefer it if Andy is in there looking after them

Totally unrelated to the biggest news today but Durnan is one of the ones I trust the most out of Ferguson’s signings. Think he’s been solid. Talks a lot on the park, especially to young Church. 

Agree Andy would be a massive miss on the park, however, a Howie / Durnan partnership with Andy in a suit at the helm is quite the prospect!

I would go taggs and Durnan in Center of defence play Robertson and church fullbacks

Howie is a good centre-half. He was excellent next to Andy at Raith in the League Cup at the start of the season. Daft decision by Ferguson to use him at DM, basically because he didn't sign him and wanted to play his own signings in defence. I'd be happy with a Durnan Howie partnership if Andy was managing. And above and beyond all that, we need Taggs at RB and Robbo in CM. 

Much as I still rate Andy in defence he has gone back a bit in recent times (which is inevitable) and if he does want to try management - and he has said before that's his plan - this is a good time. How many more seasons playing does he really have? It would make sense to have a crack at it now and he'd get time from the fans that Ferguson didn't due to his behaviour. 

Hutton 

Taggart Howie Durnan Church 

Robertson Sena

Scougall Trouten Cawley 

Henderson 

Something like that with Sammon, Riley Snow and Boyd really good options too. There's a good argument for Sammon up top and Henderson in the three behind. But anything along those lines and we'll climb away from the bottom the next few weeks. 

4 hours ago, printer said:

Agree Andy as interim to season's end is our best bet. Question after that would be is he willing to hang up his boots to take on the role permanently.

I'm sure he would be s good appointment, and now Waldorf has gone, it will give Paddy C the chance to step forward and lend Andy the support he'll need.