The Alloa Athletic Thread

Ok but after BF we need a proven manager with at least a half decent record we only need that and we might make safety

Not sure there’s anyone out there that Alloa could attract unless you’re after someone like Jim Duffy who would be a complete disaster.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If you guys don't appoint Andy Graham then it's madness imo.

I'd imagine the players will be playing with a lot more freedom on Saturday now too. They'll actually be looking forward to it. Which is a shame. I ideally wanted 'Bazza' to cling on for another week or so.

My guess is he'll give Andy a go in temporary charge.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If you guys don't appoint Andy Graham then it's madness imo.

I'd imagine the players will be playing with a lot more freedom on Saturday now too. They'll actually be looking forward to it. Which is a shame. I ideally wanted 'Bazza' to cling on for another week or so.

possibly 2 weeks! 

Andy Graham should be made for management. Respected by fans and players, vocal and a true leader. The type of guy you'd root for to do well   

Think pretty much every Alloa fan feared the worst with this appointment but wanted to give Ferguson a chance. Unfortunately he managed to lose goodwill and support remarkably quickly. The only good thing about his reign is that he walked at this stage rather than clinging on and ensuring our relegation. I don't doubt that he was doing his best but poor signings, not being able to set up a team whilst at the same time setting everyone against each other doesn't tend to make a good manager. He should stick to talking about Rangers. 

The chairman has been brilliant for Alloa and we'd be in a tough situation without him. In this case however it was a truly horrific decision and one that just shouldn't have happened, the evidence was all there. He can't do that again. 

I would seriously hope he doesn't go for someone like Duffy who is a serial failure over many years. Andy Graham for me, at least till the end of season. His retained list of players last summer and 1 signing (Howie) was far more sensible and joined up than the shambles that followed under Ferguson. 

Edited by Waspie

People surely cannot be pitching Jim Duffy as a potential candidate, even on a short-term basis! His Dumbarton side was one of the most brutal, heinous teams I've ever seen!

As many others have said, it surely has to go to Andy Graham for the time being. I've long suspected the big man has a sterling managerial career ahead of him and that begins today.

Just now, LowerLeagueFC said:

Can't wait to hear him say it was the players fault in his column and radio show. goodbye and good riddance. 

I'm hoping for Kanye West vs Kim Kardashian. 

What will actually be said will be less exciting that Keeping up with the Kardashians though.

I would not be averse to see Peter grant back on an interim basis till the end of the season

we need Andy on the park and concentrating on that alone  ( see jim goodwin )

If mike mulraney had his way he would still be here anyway , would be interesting if nothing else 

Glad BF went of his own accord and he takes a smidgeon of credit for that but not for anything else 

it is like walking around and surveying the damage of a house fire  .

Neil parry sorely missed 

Mendy signed as a replacement for Andy graham (IMO anyway )!!!!!!

Hutton ?

will reserve judgement on the other players when under new management 

some will improve now hopefully 

11 games and 33 points up for grabs now

Edited by Vegetableman

Great news that Ferguson is away, and hopefully it will be a catalyst to start to pull away from the relegation battle.

As others have said Andy Graham until the end of the season seems like a sensible move. We don't know much about Andy's tactical nous but at this stage of the season it's probably more about getting the players to pull together and instilling a bit of confidence in the team, and I suspect those would be Andy's strengths.

I certainly wouldn't want Jim Duffy, swapping a manager who had us plummeting towards relegation for one who had Dumbarton plummeting towards relegation is not a good move. Experience in a manager isn't a good thing if recent experience tells you that he's actually a bit shite.

Edited by Dink

31 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I would not be averse to see Peter grant back on an interim basis till the end of the season

we need Andy on the park and concentrating on that alone  ( see jim goodwin )

If mike mulraney had his way he would still be here anyway , would be interesting if nothing else 

Glad BF went of his own accord and he takes a smidgeon of credit for that but not for anything else 

it is like walking around and surveying the damage of a house fire  .

Neil parry sorely missed 

If you had seen Parry on Saturday you wouldn’t be saying that. Think it must have been his pish twin brother that  turned up at the weekend. 
Although same could be said for whole team tbf. 

Delighted to see this thread on the 'Popular' list, as it was obvious what must have happened.

Just a shocking appointment before a ball was even kicked, and hopefully somebody's given Mike a good shake. Tracking his career in the hope that we could sign him some day, by God. I feel much better towards Barry Ferguson now for actually resigning, as he'd have been here 'til the summer otherwise, and if he has any, any sense he'll stick to the punditry from now on.

We have senior players (without naming names) who can take over the job of trying to keep us up and give Mike some breathing room, then the board can make a more permanent decision in the spring. Just, Christ, somebody ask him why he's so keen on his favourite this time.