The Alloa Athletic Thread

The drop in confidence across the team has been pretty alarming in the last 2 home games. We showed signs of this on boxing day against Airdrie, but bounced back from that with a decent performance up at Montrose.

As folk have said about Saturdays game- the ref done us a little bit, but East Fife were much the better team and deserved the 3 points anyway. 

I think folk will make up their own minds about what they do. But a similar outcome against Dumbarton next weekend would surely be the death knell of the managers reign- and ultimately if he remains in post after that Im sure there will be quite a lot of people considering how they can take action if the change isnt forthcoming.

16 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

We really could do with some sort of psychological boost. Think for me the perfect situation to lift the mood is Andy in for the rest of the season. Although, we rely on him more and more on the park now as Mendy somehow becomes more of a bomb scare. I just think this team have ability and if anyone can get them enjoying their football again, it’s that man. 

I do wonder if certain managers see Andy Graham as a threat to them. Any one who has watched and met Andy knows he carries himself extremely well and has great experience in the game, I wonder if younger, egotistical managers (such as Aitken and Ferguson) see Graham as a future threat to their position, hence they immediately try and limit their influence. Andy was stripped of captaincy, treated poorly and eventually punted by Aitken. When I saw you boys sign a host of centre backs and saw Andy dropping out the team I wondered if the same thing was about to happen to him. I know there was rumours of Andy taking the job in the summer, do you know if Mulraney interviewed him for it? 

Edited by The Moonster

[quote post="15031281" timestamp="1644844752" name="

In terms of the actual football selection, it’s going to be really tough this weekend. No Henderson, no Sammon and Trouten potentially. Boyd not firing, along with most of the team. Greig Spence emergency loan
39186381f448d20ca389d983cbe07b65.jpg

Can’t see many players looking to join us at present as players talk and Ferguson is seen as a odious person by fellow pros.

10 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

[quote post="15031281" timestamp="1644844752" name="

Can’t see many players looking to join us at present as players talk and Ferguson is seen as a odious person by fellow pros.

Very sad, but true............which is an extremely sad state of affairs for the club.

Comparisons wit h previous managers are a bit unfair - they - mostly - had a good track record (TH, AM etc) and had earned a degree of loyalty that MM showed - BF has no such record. He left a trail of destruction at Clyde - judging by posts on here - and had a huge budget at Kelty. He has failed here. It is traditional for Alloa managers to resign after losing to Dumbarton - be better if he did it before.

About time! 

It'll be the usual names trotted out no doubt but right now I wouldn't really mind Andy and Trouts until the end of the season although they might be needed on the pitch more than in the dug out.

I personally wouldn't be against the likes of Kettlewell or Duffy getting the job. Duffy with Andy as player assistant with the view of passing over the reigns one day? 

Although if Mulraney fancies another left field appointment then the likes of Andy Kirk and Stephen Simmons at Brechin spring to mind, two ex players who know the club well. Probably see the likes of Marvin Bartley, Jon Daly in the betting as well. 

As long as Bob Malcolm isn't caretaker then I couldn't really care right now. I'm just glad that we have a chance of staying up now.

Thank f**k, the worst manager in our history is gone.

Unfortunately he has left us with some absolutely awful players and an an idiot of a keeper.

Had he been punted at the start of the transfer window then it would have given somebody the chance to bring in players and get rid of some of the dross.

Still absolutely delighted he has walked.

Poll for next manager can't be far away! Any potential candidates that Wasp fans would like to see? Could someone like Andy Graham take the helm short or even longer term or will experience be sought?

Jim Duffy, Gus MacPherson, Allan Johnston probably worth saying clear of.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno why but I could genuinely see someone like Mark Kerr getting another shot at management with you guys and making it work.

very humorous of you

great that he has gone , not too soon either 

About time! 
It'll be the usual names trotted out no doubt but right now I wouldn't really mind Andy and Trouts until the end of the season although they might be needed on the pitch more than in the dug out.
I personally wouldn't be against the likes of Kettlewell or Duffy getting the job. Duffy with Andy as player assistant with the view of passing over the reigns one day? 

Although if Mulraney fancies another left field appointment then the likes of Andy Kirk and Stephen Simmons at Brechin spring to mind, two ex players who know the club well. Probably see the likes of Marvin Bartley, Jon Daly in the betting as well. 
As long as Bob Malcolm isn't caretaker then I couldn't really care right now. I'm just glad that we have a chance of staying up now.

I would take Jim Duffy in a minute with Andy as Asst and as you say handing over the reigns to him when the time is right…

very humorous of you
great that he has gone , not too soon either 

I was being serious. I think he still has a chance of being a good manager but needs the right club. I don’t think we were the right fit for him and he struggled due to a few players badly letting him down and I think COVID also played a part.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I was being serious. I think he still has a chance of being a good manager but needs the right club. I don’t think we were the right fit for him and he struggled due to a few players badly letting him down and I think COVID also played a part.

Ok but after BF we need a proven manager with at least a half decent record we only need that and we might make safety

If you guys don't appoint Andy Graham then it's madness imo.

I'd imagine the players will be playing with a lot more freedom on Saturday now too. They'll actually be looking forward to it. Which is a shame. I ideally wanted 'Bazza' to cling on for another week or so.