The Alloa Athletic Thread

3 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Apparently Henderson not coming back either. Rumour has it both don't want to return due to our managers style of management. Now there's a surprise another kick in the nuts for fans, young players not being developed and a further division 2 nail in the coffin.

“I’d be happy to stay at Alloa. It’s a great club and a great bunch of guys. We need to see what happens, if another challenge pops up that maybe catches my eye. I’ll look at my options.”

Euan Henderson in an interview with Edinburgh News this week.

10 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

“I’d be happy to stay at Alloa. It’s a great club and a great bunch of guys. We need to see what happens, if another challenge pops up that maybe catches my eye. I’ll look at my options.”

Careful Kieran, you can’t post anything remotely positive about the club at the moment, doesn’t fit the current agenda even if it is made up. 

18 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Rumour has it mate or I'd have said confirmed.😉

A great club and bunch of guys, strange omission that the manager isn't great, only saying.😉

Just now, McCulloch No.5 said:

Rumour has it mate or I'd have said confirmed.😉

A great club and bunch of guys, strange omission that the manager isn't great, only saying.😉

Haha. I’m not singing praising for Barry but to be fair to him, he did get a fair bit of praise from Hendo in the interview too. Obviously going to say it in a public interview but was positive. I don’t see Hearts recalling him to use so it’s just if that Championship loan offer comes in I suppose. We weren’t as bad back then but reminds me of the Zanatta situation. Reckon he’s better staying where he is scoring and making sure he’s prime in the market come summer, or prime for a new contract. 

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hopefully Henderson to Gayf

Well yer mans going back to Livvy. It's a step up for Henderson and he won't be playing for a clueless f#*wit in a pish poor team! Dicks more than proven in lower leagues with no budget. Best of luck.

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hopefully Henderson to Gayf

Or Balmoral! Hoping Hartley uses his contacts at Hearts to get him in. Would be our 3rd choice but a far superior 3rd choice than Ola (about to leave) or Leighton McIntosh.

Fair play to the guy if he goes to the Championship and tries to challenge himself at a higher level.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Or Balmoral! Hoping Hartley uses his contacts at Hearts to get him in. Would be our 3rd choice but a far superior 3rd choice than Ola (about to leave) or Leighton McIntosh.

Fair play to the guy if he goes to the Championship and tries to challenge himself at a higher level.

Guy done pretty well whenever he was in Hearts first team he’ll no be going to Cove to sit on his arse. He’s got a better goalS per minute than Megginson and the same as McAllister whilst playing in a struggling Alloa team 

10 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Well yer mans going back to Livvy. It's a step up for Henderson and he won't be playing for a clueless f#*wit in a pish poor team! Dicks more than proven in lower leagues with no budget. Best of luck.

We will have a pretty good budget. Probably 6th or 7th best in our league.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guy done pretty well whenever he was in Hearts first team he’ll no be going to Cove to sit on his arse. He’s got a better goalS per minute than Megginson and the same as McAllister whilst playing in a struggling Alloa team 

Always going to be hard to displace Mitch and Rory from a L1 side given 22 goals and 10 assists in 20 league games so far. Agreed, he and Hearts will want some guarantee of regular starts and not just being a bench warmer. 

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Always going to be hard to displace Mitch and Rory from a L1 side given 22 goals and 10 assists in 20 league games so far. Agreed, he and Hearts will want some guarantee of regular starts and not just being a bench warmer. 

Yeah I know what you mean. Megginson the captain and main man at the club and McAllister been scoring a lot 

Think Henderson has something, from the group of Hearts youngsters that got quite a good few games in always thought he was by far the most promising. We have his teammate Chris Hamilton at us too and he’s a top player. Premiership clubs looking at him just now, I think Henderson will also go on to be a Premiership player, if even just a squad player, at someone. 

When Alloa signed him I remember thinking it seemed like a great move. 

Where has he been playing for Alloa?

2 hours ago, Craigy said:

Careful Kieran, you can’t post anything remotely positive about the club at the moment, doesn’t fit the current agenda even if it is made up. 

can you tell us something positive then ?   hard to see from here , I think the criticism of  BF is well earned 

21 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

can you tell us something positive then ?   hard to see from here , I think the criticism of  BF is well earned 

I agree, but I am sure Henderson has more of an insight to what is going on within the changing room than you and I. The point being an obvious baseless rumour about him and his relationship with the manager was posted when a simple internet search quickly dispelled the rumour as rubbish, Henderson clearly has had positive vibes from his time with Alloa, I take that as a positive for our club but I agree doesn’t change much in the bigger picture and our current predicament. 

12 hours ago, Craigy said:

I agree, but I am sure Henderson has more of an insight to what is going on within the changing room than you and I. The point being an obvious baseless rumour about him and his relationship with the manager was posted when a simple internet search quickly dispelled the rumour as rubbish, Henderson clearly has had positive vibes from his time with Alloa, I take that as a positive for our club but I agree doesn’t change much in the bigger picture and our current predicament. 

yes  you are right most likely a rumour but he is still going which leaves us in some predicament 

with gilmour going too,  We have king though and for henderson ermm Sammon .

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

and for henderson ermm Sammon .

Always seems a bit unfair on Sammon -Im not his biggest fan - but being brought on for last 10  minutes when a couple of goals down isnt ideal - and he does frighten defenders - he could be used in a better way

2 hours ago, RolandPie said:

Always seems a bit unfair on Sammon -Im not his biggest fan - but being brought on for last 10  minutes when a couple of goals down isnt ideal - and he does frighten defenders - he could be used in a better way

W manager with half a brain would use the team in a better way.

Unfortunately we're stuck with Ferguson, so stick your head between your knees and kiss your @ss goodbye 😂

3 hours ago, RolandPie said:

This might be true , hard to tell under the system/management we have ,  but he is all we have now being the main point 

we will need to sign more loans and good ones to escape relegation (hard to believe am i saying this ?  )

anyone with some talent i fear  will be lost in the mire of our lacklustre performances .