The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

It's all very quiet from the Indodrill. I fully expected a raft of players being released or moved on but nothing. Maybe the budget is burst and we are going with what we have???

Hardly surprising, we're as quiet as anything at the start of just about EVERY season, do why should now be any different?

Unless we're going to play that stupid " guess the player from the clues", a right royal waste of thought that turned out to be.

I'm looking forward to paying £17 for football in Div 2 already 😱

36 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

We’ve apparently recalled Gilmour, what’s the impression of him/ type of player he is, we’ve seen very little of him, cheers 

Started strong and looked a classy player but kind of flattered to deceive as time went on. Team was struggling, so always hard to stand-out but felt he really faded out of games too. At least with other players, they'd still get stuck right into a tackle or burst a gut going forward, didn't really feel he did that. A tad pedestrian. He obviously has talent, saw enough of that in a few great assists early on but yeah, disappeared a bit. Maybe I compare him to the lofty heights of Iain Flannigan but as tidy as he was in flashes, I didn't see enough to think that he'd get right stuck in and help out in a relegation fight, especially in the Premiership.

I don't think we've seen the best of him because our midfield is a bit all over the place. Neat and tidy on the ball, and capable of a defence splitting pass or two. Watch our winner vs Queens Park in the 4 3 game for an example of that, his pass through to Henderson was top class. I think he's perhaps capable of doing a job with the right balance around him to do the ball winning etc.

I think gilmore can do a half decent job as a ball winning midfielder and giving it to a more creative player beside him, all too often his passing is either sideways or back the way and he was being asked to do the playmaker job and I don't think that's his game,

I also don't think it helped with Henderson up top on his own as he doesn't try hard enough to find space and offers little movement which must really annoy a midfielder, that said Hendo's had a decent contribution but would be better with someone up  beside him, and too me thats glaringly obvious 

5 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

We’ve apparently recalled Gilmour, what’s the impression of him/ type of player he is, we’ve seen very little of him, cheers 

Not impressed much at all, probably the best of a bad bunch of Ferguson signings.

Apparently Henderson not coming back either. Rumour has it both don't want to return due to our managers style of management. Now there's a surprise another kick in the nuts for fans, young players not being developed and a further division 2 nail in the coffin.

What other miscreants are we gonna get from Barry Chuckle now.🤔

Is it first come first served or are season ticket holders guaranteed a ticket? Also does anyone know of you can buy a ticket over the phone or do you need to buy it in person at Limetree House? I may be being a bit slow but the article doesn't seem 100% clear.