The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

He was never nowhere near being a Dalglish, McCoist, Bremner, MacQueen, Strachan, Law, MacNeil, Jordan etc., who were also all brilliant Scotland players. He wouldn’t make it into the top 100.

People remember his shit attitude about playing for his country and sticking his finger up at the camera.

Jaikie. 

Tli agree with all you are saying. He may have been a Scottish internationalist but was never a great.

His attitude towards the Scottish press on the ✌️ incident typifies his attitude towards Alloa Ath FC.

He's an individual with "wee man" syndrome.

Screenshot_2021-12-23_170405.jpg

Edited by laughing gravie
A right wee tube

Brace yourself for probably 8-9 signings in the window, all of similar standard or even less standard than the ones he replaces. 
that said we will happily take all of Barry’s castoffs all of which will be much better than any of our players (apart from 2)

4 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Brace yourself for probably 8-9 signings in the window, all of similar standard or even less standard than the ones he replaces. 
that said we will happily take all of Barry’s castoffs all of which will be much better than any of our players (apart from 2)

Which two ? don't leave us hangin  .

8 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

He was never nowhere near being a Dalglish, McCoist, Bremner, MacQueen, Strachan, Law, MacNeil, Jordan etc., who were also all brilliant Scotland players. He wouldn’t make it into the top 100.

People remember his shit attitude about playing for his country and sticking his finger up at the camera.

Jaikie. 

Of course not but he was still a good player in his time. I will never be a Rangers man  but recognise that he was decent and had a great career. He was excellent when he went to England later and won a cup with Birmingham city. 

On 22/12/2021 at 16:57, laughing gravie said:

Will we still be charging £18 next season I wonder?

Right enough, we're probably due a price increase. Inflation 'n' that.

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2021/12/23/alloa-vs-falkirk-500-capacity/

Be the same for Queen's Park on the 15th. Hopefully things calm down before the Celtic game.

Ooh, that would be a sair yin  :shutup

Happy Christmas to all Wasps. Despite our recent grumbles, there is indeed a story to be told about the boys in black and gold and what a story it is.

And since I'm feeling festive, I'll even wish you a Happy Christmas, Braveheart's Dad, and hope Santa brings you better days than paying £18 to watch your team get pumped by struggling but still vastly superior opposition then moaning about it for weeks after. 

Happy Christmas to all Wasps. Despite our recent grumbles, there is indeed a story to be told about the boys in black and gold and what a story it is.
And since I'm feeling festive, I'll even wish you a Happy Christmas, Braveheart's Dad, and hope Santa brings you better days than paying £18 to watch your team get pumped by struggling but still vastly superior opposition then moaning about it for weeks after. 

I assume by the omission that you think LG’s desires are beyond [emoji318]

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

And shafting visiting fans cos nae home fans will be at a game.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Happy Xmas my friend. Hope you enjoy your day- and can forget your ongoing 27 day grudge because you had to pay a few quid more to watch a game where your team didn't go up the park once. 

3388985441839382774_.jpg

Happy Christmas to all of you , And  i hope you all stay safe  , Especially Bravehearts Dad who is obviously permanently truamatised by the £18  5-0 drubbing 

which brings me to less glad tidings 

As Customers (yes that is what we are ) we are so taken for granted as most club fans are , Not a whimper thanking the fans 

and giving good wishes from the website  or the twitter feed at this festive time , As a self employed operative if i treated customers like  football clubs treated theirs i would soon be out of business , Not  just Alloa of course but  i have seen a few clubs thank thier fans at this time . .

Are we such  a wretched lot ?  Will BF be telling Santa  to F off back up the chimney after a bad night distributing wayward gifts ?

Will this be on his Christmas wish list ? , I hope Santa gets me my football shaped Prozac  pills ,   Happy New year to you all when it comes  .

The Football Manager's Guide to Football Management by Iain Macintosh

3 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

For 2nd Division football? And will it still be £18 when we're in the lowland league?

That's two seasons off, minimum - surely it'll be a good £20 a head by then?

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think Charlie Gilmour could be of any use to us after January?

Suspect a few of our CMs legs have gone a bit now.

Very tidy player is my impression but... we are struggling going forward and I don't think Charlie's the kind of guy to provide that. 

I've struggled to look at any teams other than the ones in our league this year. Has Murray Davidson, warrior god, finally ran out of steam?

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Very tidy player is my impression but... we are struggling going forward and I don't think Charlie's the kind of guy to provide that. 

I've struggled to look at any teams other than the ones in our league this year. Has Murray Davidson, warrior god, finally ran out of steam?

Cheers.

Liam Craigs legs have gone, so we desperately need a sitting midfielder who can pass the ball as an option.