The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 minutes ago, jpm said:

Using the same research technique, Daniel Church (left sided former Celtic youngster who played half a dozen games for Dumbarton last season) could be another new signing on the horizon.

I'll be shocked if Church finds a team in this league.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'll be shocked if Church finds a team in this league.

I seem to remember him being quite highly rated at Celtic a few years ago no?

37 minutes ago, wasp22 said:

He might well have been. On the basis of his pefformances for us, I have no idea why he would be. Offered very little at this level with two clubs now. 

4 hours ago, wasp22 said:

A few years ago. Highy rated and being at Celtic goes for nothing. Hopefully not true, surely we can attract proven players and not guys released by a team already in the same league!

Between struggling to find the money to renew my season ticket, and the backroom appointments/signing rumours, this is the most depressing close season in a while  :(

The lack of any sort of  news from the club is staggering.I've made my views known on management appointments,i won't go over old ground,but where the hell are the signings?are there any,and if the rumours are true why the hell would we entertain them.Season ticket renewal? why bother at this rate.get things sorted Alloa,this is becoming an utter farce.It's pretty obvious fans don't come high on the priority list.Just keep us up to date for christs sake.

13 hours ago, Alloa 68 said:

The lack of any sort of  news from the club is staggering.I've made my views known on management appointments,i won't go over old ground,but where the hell are the signings?are there any,and if the rumours are true why the hell would we entertain them.Season ticket renewal? why bother at this rate.get things sorted Alloa,this is becoming an utter farce.It's pretty obvious fans don't come high on the priority list.Just keep us up to date for christs sake.

We really shouldn't be surprised, season after season this lack of communication has been the main features of the club as a whole.

Especially when our new manager announced over a week ago 3 new signings would be revealed last week.

Glad we're a community club, otherwise we'd have to make up crap signing rumours az we give the club our money for a season ticket we really Might not want and do a pay as you go system.

Edited by laughing gravie

All the club has to do was say they are currently in talks with a view to signing a number of players.

Final details are being ironed out and an announcement will be made at a certain date or once details are finalised.

But as ever, hee haw. 

And I'll get last year's Championship prices won't drop to Division 1 prices 😱

All the club has to do was say they are currently in talks with a view to signing a number of players.
Final details are being ironed out and an announcement will be made at a certain date or once details are finalised.
But as ever, hee haw. 
And I'll get last year's Championship prices won't drop to Division 1 prices [emoji33]

When has a club ever made it public knowledge that they are in talks with players. It’s blatantly obvious that your club will be trying to sign players.

Social media has made fans think that they need to know what’s happening at the club ever minute of every day.

But as ever, hee haw. 
And I'll get last year's Championship prices won't drop to Division 1 prices [emoji33]

I think Celtic’s recent managerial experience hints why nothing should be said until the contract is signed.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

When has a club ever made it public knowledge that they are in talks with players. It’s blatantly obvious that your club will be trying to sign players.

Social media has made fans think that they need to know what’s happening at the club ever minute of every day.

Of course I need to know.

If it's a community club, act like one.

Over the years, it's claimed to be one, but falls short IMHO

58 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

I'm not interested in Celtic.

I'm a hoops fan, but black and gold hoops, not green and white.

No probs mike...showed your true colours....what you got planned for the 500k....houses????....