The Alloa Athletic Thread

19 minutes ago, printer said:

Thoroughly deserved for Cove. We've been sh*te this half.

and in most games this season 

As said before Grant needs to sort this out soon we are poor 

well done Cove though got the job done .. good luck ..

Edited by whereismillar

Alright, well, keep the Bairns down and we'll hold no grudges, agreed? [emoji53]

Cove didn't particularly look worse than most sides we've played this season. Maybe a bit poorer in defence, but made more chances than most. No doubt they deserved the win, and should have had it wrapped up by half time TBH.

No complaints at all with the result, Cove the better team by far.

2nd half performance was as wasteful as we have been all season, absolutely zero link up from the midfield to front.

Fortune Cove were so wasteful in front of goal or the score line would have been far worse.

Only positive I would take from that was Trouten and Scougall coming back from injury, and O’Donnell getting off the mark with a quality finish.

Need to sacrifice whatever we can to get a striker in in this window.

As good as Cove were, we were 2nd best all day to a team in the league below us. Today was as poor as i’ve seen us on the ball for a while. It’s no slight on the guys on the park who are working as hard as ever, but they look like they need a lift, maybe a new signing ([emoji1694]) is just the thing to do that.

All the best to Cove in the next round, they looked strong in every department today and reminded me of some of our glorious league 1 campaign teams in recent years.

52 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Alright, well, keep the Bairns down and we'll hold no grudges, agreed? emoji53.png

Cove didn't particularly look worse than most sides we've played this season. Maybe a bit poorer in defence, but made more chances than most. No doubt they deserved the win, and should have had it wrapped up by half time TBH.

Agreed! 

Defensively we need to strengthen. Ok at Left back with Harry Milne but RB and CB's especially need some improvement.

Falkirk are fairly strong. A bit more strength in depth than us. A few good signings in January and we might push them all the way and mount a serious title challenge. Don't really want to end up in playoffs

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Even though Alloa weren't at their best today it's clear you have a lot of talented players and why you have had many years in the championship and can beat anyone in that league.

Lots of quality players on the bench that can turn games. We lack that depth.

All the best for the rest of the season. Will be keeping an eye out for your results.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just the usual guys, how did the stream go? I know I'm fishing in a smaller pond this week.
Some concern 10 minutes to go when a manifest error was appearing on the screen but once that cleared I think mine ran ok.

No problems for me, no buffering and comms in sync.

Mine took a few minutes to get started but then ran fine for the rest of the match and commentary in sync too. 

No complaints about the outcome today. We did OK in spells but overall Cove were the better side and created more chances. Hopefully the Scougall for Trouten swap at ht was just to give them both 45 mins as we were clearly a bit disjointed after Trouten went off. 

Cove looked decent as expected and have a few players in midfield and attack who could do a job higher up. Megginson would walk into our team. Bit weak at the back though. For all our struggles to score in the league we got two in the first half there and had another couple of close things, and that was without playing particularly well. Would need to address that if they come up. Deserving winners today today and good luck to them in the next round. 

57 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just the usual guys, how did the stream go? I know I'm fishing in a smaller pond this week.

Some concern 10 minutes to go when a manifest error was appearing on the screen but once that cleared I think mine ran ok.

I got that error, but OK from 3pm. Only thing that was wrong was I couldn't hear the main commentator at all, but could hear Fatherbarry....'s summarising totally clearly.

19 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Mine took a few minutes to get started but then ran fine for the rest of the match and commentary in sync too. 

No complaints about the outcome today. We did OK in spells but overall Cove were the better side and created more chances. Hopefully the Scougall for Trouten swap at ht was just to give them both 45 mins as we were clearly a bit disjointed after Trouten went off. 

Cove looked decent as expected and have a few players in midfield and attack who could do a job higher up. Megginson would walk into our team. Bit weak at the back though. For all our struggles to score in the league we got two in the first half there and had another couple of close things, and that was without playing particularly well. Would need to address that if they come up. Deserving winners today today and good luck to them in the next round. 

Trouten felt a twinge late first half. Overheard him telling someone in the stand early in the 2nd half. He looked pretty frustrated, hopefully that doesnt mean another spell out.

He looked like the player most capable of causing Cove problems. Cove were excellent today, we just didnt get going second half. Their big players turned up and the full team put in a hell of a shift for the full 90 minutes.

O'Donnells goal was terrific, Parry was excellent. Apart from that very few positives for us. Just a bad day.

31 minutes ago, printer said:

I got that error, but OK from 3pm. Only thing that was wrong was I couldn't hear the main commentator at all, but could hear Fatherbarry....'s summarising totally clearly.

I think that's because it's a stereo output so the main commentator is right ear and Roachy is left. Or vice versa. If you're listening on headphones you need to have both ears in.

That's something I can change - I just need to make a source for each right and left channel and downmix to mono. I quite like the left and right commentary though.

That error was why there was no team updates. I was trying to get the message through to Israel to fix it. That and the fact that one of the microphones fell to bits before Kieren started commentating. We gaffer taped it back together with about 3 minutes to spare.

Edited by LeodhasXD

32 minutes ago, printer said:

I'll pay the refund for this out of my own pocket 😀