Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

14 minutes ago, pencils said:

First half was perfect for me. Had some bother 1st half of second half and missed the first goal but was all good again after that!

the 2nd goal went missing from my feed (may have been my ISP) the first i knew we had scored (to my shock ) was when i saw the celebrations

i heard ICT score well before they did, definite lag of 2 seconds at least .

46 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Favourite bit of tonight - Who would you fight. - thanks to Roachy for this tangent - it made my night.

More of this kind of silliness please  :P

27 minutes ago, Vespa vulgaris said:

My stream was fine - only problem was commentary slightly ahead of pictures .

If I can next week I'm just going to embed the sound with the video - it'll guarantee that people see what I see and hear what I hear.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Our commentary from the start of the season with @KierenAAFC and @LeodhasXD has been brilliant but @Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) on co-commentary takes it to a new level, absolutely brilliant today and hope this is a regular thing. Although if Inverness equalised roachy was getting the blame. " this suits us sitting deep and clearing up, Big Andy strolling it in there" I was just waiting on an equaliser after that statement 😂😂

Would love to have seen about 10 replays of Murrays free kick though, what a beauty!

Edited by liammcintosh01

If I can next week I'm just going to embed the sound with the video - it'll guarantee that people see what I see and hear what I hear.

Hope so, the commentary being a few seconds ahead has been a pain in the arse the last few weeks!

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

Hope so, the commentary being a few seconds ahead has been a pain in the arse the last few weeks!

The highlights is what I hear (and what gets sent to wyscout as I didn't record it this week). It's a fraction of a second fast but it's barely noticeable.

13 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Favourite bit of tonight - Who would you fight. - thanks to Roachy for this tangent - it made my night.

The "low centre of gravity" is undoubtedly the best line of that exchange 😆

12 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Our commentary from the start of the season with @KierenAAFC and @LeodhasXD has been brilliant but @Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) on co-commentary takes it to a new level, absolutely brilliant today and hope this is a regular thing. Although if Inverness equalised roachy was getting the blame. " this suits us sitting deep and clearing up, Big Andy strolling it in there" I was just waiting on an equaliser after that statement 😂😂

Would love to have seen about 10 replays of Murrays free kick though, what a beauty!

Thanks mate, kind words. I was same, thought I'd blown that too, especially when they fired one across the face of the goal right at the end 😄

Just out of curiosity Alloa fans as unfortunately with us injury ruined what looked like a great future career at a far higher level than we were( and at the time he was with us, we were a division higher than we are now) but how is Liam Buchanan for you guys nowadays?

im aware he is 35, so getting on a wee bit but does he still feature much, score many goals, assists etc? 
thanks for any replies in advance 

Cheers Liam! Enjoyed listening to the duo of Lewis and Brian on Saturday from my isolation pit. Unfortunately for all, I’ll be back on Saturday! Haha. 

We had a co-comm lined up for Raith game for a few weeks now so I’ll be joined by Ben this weekend who I’m sure will offer good craic. After that, I’m hoping Brian will be become a permanent fixture! We need that pro-Alloa chat and stories. 

11 hours ago, third lanark said:

Just out of curiosity Alloa fans as unfortunately with us injury ruined what looked like a great future career at a far higher level than we were( and at the time he was with us, we were a division higher than we are now) but how is Liam Buchanan for you guys nowadays?

im aware he is 35, so getting on a wee bit but does he still feature much, score many goals, assists etc? 
thanks for any replies in advance 

had his best game for us since returning (well timed question ) imo against ICT just there, also instead of coming off the bench has started for us last 3 games 

his experience quite valuable ..

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

had his best game for us since returning (well timed question ) imo against ICT just there, also instead of coming off the bench has started for us last 3 games 

his experience quite valuable ..

Thanks for the response mate 👍

1 hour ago, printer said:

Cameron O'Donnell has been picked in the SPFL Team of the Week. Making up a midfield four with Scott Brown, Charlie Adam and James Craigen. 😁

https://spfl.co.uk/news/team-of-the-week-47263

nice one , its great for him , if i can be honest my man of the match was buchanan

Not many positives to take from today. Defensively poor and although we scored two I didn't really think we gave much up front. The january window is gonna be so important. Raith are top 3 and with a bit of a cutting edge no reason we couldn't push further up the league.

Raith certainly deserved to win today but it was a strange old game, they ended up scoring almost every effort they had on target. And three of those at the end when the game was wide open. I was more disappointed with the poor goals conceded in the first half when we weren't under any real pressure. We have issues scoring and if we are losing goals without making the opposition work for them we have no chance.

Overall I think we can be pretty happy to be eighth after a third of the season. 6 defeats is disappointing but we've had issues with key players missing and a lack of cutting edge that I think we all worried about pre season. In those circumstances it is a decent effort to not be cut off at this stage. The general standard in the league isn't great either. The only team that look clearly better than the rest is Hearts, and we still managed to beat them in a cup match. As such, plenty of hope that we can pick up points. 

To do that we need a bit more luck with injuries to key men. Taggart, Trouten and Scougall were missed today then Parry went off. Have to hope Parry in particular isn't badly injured as he is crucial to our prospects. And clearly it is imperative that the manager strengthens our options in attack, as we all predicted before a ball was kicked. We need pace there. But overall there is hope for the months ahead. 

Merry Christmas to Wasps everywhere. 

Can I get some feedback on the stream? Preferrably from people who watch every week. Was the buffering worse this week? In terms of complaints it seems to be the normal percentage of those who watch who couldn't get it working.

People had said it buffered - but apart from waiting 30 seconds at the beginning for the game to output it worked all the way through from me. It's a nightmare to diagnose where the problems with that come from.

In the first half the pixellot source was running through VLC player which was necessary to get sound and it was lagging at my end so I had to change to the manual camera - which itself was only planned to be used for the closeups and obviously not in the best position to see the action. The horrible weather didn't help on that front as I can't quickly move the stuff into shelter, so it was a row up from where I'd be ideally positioned.

In the second, I changed from VLC to running from a different source that worked better to my eye. Ideally I wanted a main camera (pixellot) and the manual camera for a second angle... but the way that pixellot works is incompatible with adding other cameras though - if Pixellot loses a frame it'll jump to the next available one at the beginning there's a 4 second odd buffer that it eats into. Traditional camera losing a frame won't matter because they capture timecode based.  Over the 90 minutes it was almost 2 and a half seconds gained on the manual camera. I don't have a solution to synchronising it mid game. Pretty demoralised about that as it makes the operation a lot more complicated and pretty much means pixellot or nothing.

On the buffering end I'm fairly sure that it's the last step of the journey and it's the OTT from Univtec that's the problem. I can't diagnose it myself as my stream in the ground, monitoring on the laptop, worked all the way through the game at an acceptable quality. The one on my phone on the 4g worked until it ran out of battery about 30 minutes in. Diagnosing everyone's personal setup and why it may not have worked is fairly impossible.

But if people preferred to watch the manual camera over the pixellot camera that's something I can consider. Obviously I can sort an unobstructed view with a bit more time.