The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Thought arbroaths stream was the best in the league by a long way, different story with the commentators though 😂 @LeodhasXD would like to see us set up more like arbroath including replays and post match interviews ect, the manned camera also makes a big difference.

There's going to be movement on that this week hopefully. What we talking here?

Single camera with replays? Multi-camera?

37 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Thought arbroaths stream was the best in the league by a long way, different story with the commentators though 😂 @LeodhasXD would like to see us set up more like arbroath including replays and post match interviews ect, the manned camera also makes a big difference.

Thats a bold, and surprising, statement to make. Especially considering your last away game was against Queens. We've also played Arbroath and, setting aside the AI camera, I thought their stream was pretty poor. 

ETA - you've also played Hearts, so its even more surprising you think Arbroaths was the best "by a long way"

Edited by Mr X

43 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

There's going to be movement on that this week hopefully. What we talking here?

Single camera with replays? Multi-camera?

I think arbroaths set up with single camera and replays would be ideal mate. Good luck can't be easy dealing with all this single handedly 

39 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thats a bold, and surprising, statement to make. Especially considering your last away game was against Queens. We've also played Arbroath and, setting aside the AI camera, I thought their stream was pretty poor. 

ETA - you've also played Hearts, so its even more surprising you think Arbroaths was the best "by a long way"

Well today it was a manned camera and flawless, Queens stream was good but buffered a few times ( might have just been my Internet tbh) from todays evidence arbroaths stream was better, maybe by a long way was a bit strong but it was better all IMO obviously. 

Hearts stream was good but I also felt robbed paying £18 for it. Value for money arbroaths was far better.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

I think they were using the Pixellot stuff back at the beginning though. DLR media are running the show up there and their gear is much more expensive than I can afford! There's also 5 of them by my count.

Edited by LeodhasXD

35 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Well today it was a manned camera and flawless, Queens stream was good but buffered a few times ( might have just been my Internet tbh) from todays evidence arbroaths stream was better, maybe by a long way was a bit strong but it was better all IMO obviously. 

Hearts stream was good but I also felt robbed paying £18 for it. Value for money arbroaths was far better.

Fair enough. Sounds like its not the same as the one Queens fans watched, so that would explain it

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think they had were using the Pixellot stuff back at the beginning though. DLR media are running the show up their and there gear is much more expensive than I can afford! There's also 5 of them by my count.

Ah, ok. I assumed by manned camera, they meant the Pixellot joystick operator. DLR media were involved before but I didnt realise they were now doing the whole thing and had binned Pixellot.

Good for Arbroath in making a change which has clearly worked. DLR werent cheap though, unless they've done some kind of Tayside/Angus discount :lol:

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

DLR werent cheap though, unless they've done some kind of Tayside/Angus discount :lol:

I think they would have as it's based in Dundee - they had a trackside board last year if I recall correctly. If we were to buy their service at what they quoted to us... I'd much rather have bought equipment myself.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think they would have as it's based in Dundee - they had a trackside board last year if I recall correctly. If we were to buy their service at what they quoted to us... I'd much rather have bought equipment myself.

I know ;) Im guessing you were quoted the same as us 💲💲

Does anybody know where Grant was on Saturday? Hopefully him and Taggart are fit and available for tonight.
A free hit for us tonight! If we can defend like we did against Hearts we’ll give ourselves a chance of going through, really looking forward to it

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

noticed Grant out of squad altogether last two games

no idea  why

As for last night scougall  was very good , hopefully PG has an idea of the ideal line up now ?

Watched your game last night and thought your lad Cawley was the motm. Also impressed with the four ex QP players playing for you, Parry, Jaimieson, Trouten and young Connelly, he came through our youth system and although Cawley never played for us his Dad did. Paul McGinn also came through our youth system and it is good to see our ex players doing well. Wish you well for the rest of the season.

Edited by Dooflick
grammer

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Watched your game last night and thought your lad Cawley was the motm. Also impressed with the four ex QP players playing for you, Parry, Jaimieson, Trouten and young Connelly, he came through our youth system and although Cawley never played for us his Dad did. Paul McGinn also came through our youth system and it is good to see our ex players doing well. Wish you well for the rest of the season.

Had no idea Connelly was ex QP , interesting to know Wee kevs dad played with you too , looks like your move to pro has paid of as well eh  🙂 .

jamieson has been a good signing i can see why QP fans in general wanted him to stay .  

Cawley was excellent last night he hasn't had the best start to the season so far .

9 hours ago, whereismillar said:

noticed Grant out of squad altogether last two games

no idea  why

As for last night scougall  was very good , hopefully PG has an idea of the ideal line up now ?

Grant is injured. He was in the stand for the game last night. Taggart too on crutches.