The Alloa Athletic Thread

I honestly can't believe how much we lack going forward, its been very evident since before the league started how much we were toothless up top and I fear it going to come back and  bite us. Another thing I don't understand is Peter grant brought in 2 centre backs and none of them play and he insists on Taggart who is a natural right back at centre back and John Robertson who is a centre mid at right back. Just need to hope others around us don't pick up much points and that we have a really good January.

Hearts game aside this has been a dreadful start to the season. Hard watching again today, even when we had longer spells on the ball we never looked dangerous.

It’s the same cries as previous weeks, but we need Jamieson in and settled at CB with Taggs back on the right (does anyone know where Jamieson was today?), and desperately need some more options going forward.

It’s not quite time for throwing barriers at the Police outside the Recs, but we really need to pick up some points before christmas.

I know that resource wise, we can’t compete with these teams but listening to opposition fans - be it Ayr or Dunfermline - moaning about attacking options whilst the likes of Zanatta, O’Hara and Walsh sit on the bench is salt in the wounds stuff.

30 minutes ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

Good to see everyone else starting to see the unprofessional nature of our Twitter page. 

Unprofessional on and off the pitch currently. Need something to change 🤷🏽‍♂️

What was the Unprofessional nature of the twitter page because I certainly haven't seen what you've claimed.

6 hours ago, Barneyw said:

Did anybody else order a programme for today’s game that hasn’t arrived yet?
I’m guessing it’s a post issue as opposed to an issue with the club/printer, but thought it worth checking on here

If you reply to the email confirmation I can send you another one. I've kept some spare just for this eventuality.

Stream today was completely outwith our control unfortunately. There'll be a post-mortem on Monday. I personally favour ripping everything up and starting again. In the mean-time you can add to the growing complaints list at fcadmin@alloaathletic.co.uk.

15 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Stream today was completely outwith our control unfortunately. There'll be a post-mortem on Monday. I personally favour ripping everything up and starting again. In the mean-time you can add to the growing complaints list at fcadmin@alloaathletic.co.uk.

Don't take any criticism personally, mate. I'm sure most fans, if not all, appreciate the effort you have put in to help get the streaming up and running. Sure it's not perfect, and yesterday was frustrating, but it's a lot better than having nothing. I'll happily contribute my £12 each game for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

To be honest looking at your refereeing skills there’s a great deal you appear to missemoji23.png

Top notch refereeing skills pal, my problem is I'm fat and can't run the length of myself 👍

I honestly think @LeodhasXD has done a very good job with freshening things up with social media and the website, I don't think being light hearted on social media is a bad thing and I personally haven't seen anything unprofessional, for many years we went with no social media presence and the website could sometimes not be updated for weeks ( absolutely not blaming the 1 or 2 volunteers who done it and had full time jobs on top of it). There seems to be a few people that have something something against @LeodhasXD and the guy is just trying his best, learning on the job, trying to sort programmes, social media, wasptv ( im probably still missing a few things out). Think some people need to give the guy a break and appreciate the hard work he's putting in for OUR club!

I don't fancy the position grant is in just now , he brought in scougall as the attacking option we needed and for some reason it has not worked out 

IMO for what its worth we need to start playing him and give him game time , what's to lose ? we are dire anyway , as for the criticism being bandied around 

we all have mirrors , check them first .

20 hours ago, Barneyw said:

I know that resource wise, we can’t compete with these teams but listening to opposition fans - be it Ayr or Dunfermline - moaning about attacking options whilst the likes of Zanatta, O’Hara and Walsh sit on the bench is salt in the wounds stuff.

Zanatta hasn't shown anywhere near enough yet - apart from a goal against Albion Rovers in early October - to justify a starting position. Walsh has been out since the same match with a bad hamstring injury and is being 'carefully managed' back into the team - yesterday was the first time he's even got near a start by being on the subs bench. We've also lost Craig Moore for the season with a cruciate injury so our attacking options are not great now especially if/when the Smith and Innes loan deals are up in January.   

Zanatta hasn't shown anywhere near enough yet - apart from a goal against Albion Rovers in early October - to justify a starting position. Walsh has been out since the same match with a bad hamstring injury and is being 'carefully managed' back into the team - yesterday was the first time he's even got near a start by being on the subs bench. We've also lost Craig Moore for the season with a cruciate injury so our attacking options are not great now especially if/when the Smith and Innes loan deals are up in January.   

I was more annoyed by the Dunfermline fans than yourselves tbf, we had to listen to them complaining about O’Hara all week before the game, knowing he had been our best player last season and what he was capable of. Obviously he then went on to score a hat-trick in the game.
My point wasn’t so much that those guys (Walsh and Zanatta) should be starting for Ayr, it’s more that one player like that would make a big difference to us this season, whilst other teams have them sitting on the bench as options. I was half surprised we didn’t try and get somebody like Innes Cameron in on loan, but he played against us pre-season and perhaps Grant didn’t see much in him.

5 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Top notch refereeing skills pal, my problem is I'm fat and can't run the length of myself 👍

I honestly think @LeodhasXD has done a very good job with freshening things up with social media and the website, I don't think being light hearted on social media is a bad thing and I personally haven't seen anything unprofessional, for many years we went with no social media presence and the website could sometimes not be updated for weeks ( absolutely not blaming the 1 or 2 volunteers who done it and had full time jobs on top of it). There seems to be a few people that have something something against @LeodhasXD and the guy is just trying his best, learning on the job, trying to sort programmes, social media, wasptv ( im probably still missing a few things out). Think some people need to give the guy a break and appreciate the hard work he's putting in for OUR club!

Our social media currently draws unwanted or needed attention to our club when we are struggling on the pitch. 

Perhaps delegation or looking for alternatives rather than a one man band.