The Alloa Athletic Thread

Great day for the club! Last Saturday was so disappointing on the first occasion we had got something close to the best team on the park. Hearts away midweek was then a very hard way to follow it up but despite the score it seemed there were positives and I had a good feeling about today.

Team were quite cautious initially and understandably so, but the longer it went at 0-0 the confidence grew and we were creating the better chances. Parry and Graham transform the defence compared to the first few matches and Jamieson really came onto a game there too. Terrific performance from him and even more so when it was only his 2nd game in 9 months. With more games together we can be hopeful about his partnership with Andy. Another who some questioned who was excellent was Innes Murray. And Liam put in a great shift up top, followed by a fine cameo from Thommo. But absolutely no failures in the team. 

Clearly need to work a bit more on the threat up front and find a way to fit Scougall in, but the team showed once more that they should not be written off. Another special day and plenty to be positive about for the months ahead. 

1 hour ago, chicharreros said:

There’s a real lack of class regarding this current Heart of Midlothian Management team.  Apparently it’s  Mike Mulraney’s fault Hearts got relegated.  So all is forgiven Craig Levien.  And all those players who played poorly as Hearts plummeted to the foot of the SPL.  It’s a shame that Hearts have resorted to this kind of narrative.  It’s embarrassing for the fans, who are as passionate as any you’ll find anywhere.    Great club pity about your Manager 

Screenshot_2020-11-28-12-40-59.png

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

rightly so i think , i agree though  he had his best game for alloa today , did he raise his game here as a hibee or will he continue to improve ?

Doubt the Hibs connection had any relevance. I thought any earlier criticism was harsh. It is very early in the season, we haven't had a settled team and he hasn't had a run of games. Several of our successful loans over the years have taken time to find their feet. Murray and the other new signings deserve the same chance, and yesterday was very encouraging. 

Excellent performances to a man yesterday but Jamieson was the standout for me, especially coming in to the side at short notice. After that first 45 against Stenhousemuir, hopefully yesterday will give him a massive confidence boost.

Grant got his selection and tactics spot on, and restricted hearts well, think the magnificent double save from Parry was there only real clear cut chance. We were definitely helped with how wasteful they were with much of their crossing.

I like that type of set up up top more, start with Buchs chasing down and harassing and leave Thomson to come on when defenders are starting to tire - felt both of them did well yesterday.

Hopefully this result lets us kick on in the league as there’s definitely some points there to be won over the next month or so.

15 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

That draw acceptable enough for you @LeodhasXD, if Premier pick it as a TV game am i right in saying we get additional money for it and does it also mean to WaspTv that night?

If premier show it no Wasp TV - PLEASE PICK IT. I don't want another 1000 emails.

I'm still cursing it though. We have at home Hibs - 15-17th December - Inverness 19th December - Raith Rovers 26th December. 

I'll have lost the plot by the end of the third game.

Edited by LeodhasXD

21 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If premier show it no Wasp TV - PLEASE PICK IT. I don't want another 1000 emails.

I'm still cursing it though. We have at home Hibs - 15-17th December - Inverness 19th December - Raith Rovers 26th December. 

I'll have lost the plot by the end of the third game.

So we'll need to subscribe to Premier to see this if they pick it? 

Hopefully they do a short term subscription.

14 hours ago, printer said:

So we'll need to subscribe to Premier to see this if they pick it? 

Hopefully they do a short term subscription.

So hold up on subscribing - Premier get 3 games but BT get the other one... No PPV option. I sincerely hope now that it's the Tuesday we'll be playing on. It leaves very little wiggle room having a game on Thursday and then Saturday.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

So hold up on subscribing - Premier get 3 games but BT get the other one... No PPV option. I sincerely hope now that it's the Tuesday we'll be playing on. It leaves very little wiggle room having a game on Thursday and then Saturday.

You would think the Thursday playing sides would have their league game moved to the Sunday?