The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 hours ago, Cardiff Wasp said:

Was Commentary available for the game today? If so how did you get it? All I had was the background noise?

On the live stream? If you didn't get anything then me and Kieren talked to it for 90 minutes.

The commentary was only on the live stream apparently. It's reverted to pixellot's clean feed for the VOD which is unfortunate.

Next time I'll know to record the audio track to put over the top.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Yeah it was the live stream. I know of a few other people who didn't get any commentary either. That said comments elsewhere suggest some people heard it! 

Is the live stream in the same location as video on demand. Just wondering if I somehow picked up the VOD with a one minute delay or something...

8 minutes ago, Cardiff Wasp said:

Yeah it was the live stream. I know of a few other people who didn't get any commentary either. That said comments elsewhere suggest some people heard it! 

Is the live stream in the same location as video on demand. Just wondering if I somehow picked up the VOD with a one minute delay or something...

I don't think the VOD is available until after the game.

It's all new though. We had to use Spalk to commentate which caused about 5 seconds of delay. In an ideal world I'd have managed to put a 5 second delay on the live commentary to synchronise but for whatever reason I couldn't get an input to Spalk once I added the delay and time got away from us. Next time I'll have mastered it since I have almost two weeks without a game.  Airdrieonians for example don't have that added concern because the Championship teams agreement with IMG means they get a clean stream.

I'm interested to see if some people were getting the clean stream instead of our commentary. It's a possibility that's what happened to you.

I'm disappointed I don't get to listen back because I'd like to have counted the repeated words and phrases.

Edited by LeodhasXD

I don't think the VOD is available until after the game.
It's all new though. We had to use Spalk to commentate which caused about 5 seconds of delay. In an ideal world I'd have managed to put a 5 second delay on the live commentary to synchronise but for whatever reason I couldn't get an input to Spalk once I added the delay and time got away from us. Next time I'll have mastered it since I have almost two weeks without a game.  Airdrieonians for example don't have that added concern because the Championship teams agreement with IMG means they get a clean stream.
I'm interested to see if some people were getting the clean stream instead of our commentary. It's a possibility that's what happened to you.
I'm disappointed I don't get to listen back because I'd like to have counted the repeated words and phrases.

The commentary from you both was fine and way ahead of the visual experience. If you can achieve something along the lines of the quality you get from the gantry video then I would be happy.

Already looking on to the next game against Dundee. I'm looking for some opinions.

I will be doing an order for this game but if it fails it might end up being the last printed programme we do this year 😅

Agreed with the printer:  40 page programme -£3 +£2 for postage. (Roughly the same as Curtis Sports that are doing a bunch of other clubs but we're keeping it local.)

It would get sent via royal mail to reach you before the game.

How many would buy it for £5?

If you bought a printed copy would you be opposed to a free online copy?

Do you think the online copy should be sold?

Example: https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2020/10/24/dunfermline-programme/

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Already looking on to the next game against Dundee. I'm looking for some opinions.

I will be doing an order for this game but if it fails it might end up being the last printed programme we do this year 😅

Agreed with the printer:  40 page programme -£3 +£2 for postage. (Roughly the same as Curtis Sports that are doing a bunch of other clubs but we're keeping it local.)

It would get sent via royal mail to reach you before the game.

How many would buy it for £5?

If you bought a printed copy would you be opposed to a free online copy?

Do you think the online copy should be sold?

Example: https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/2020/10/24/dunfermline-programme/

I think you spoke about a minimum order level of 50- I spoke to a Scottish programme seller last week who would take 25 copies of each edition from the club. Not sure if he got in touch with club or John Glencross to pursue this.

I think that's the market who will take these predominantly- collectors. Covid era has led to a collectors paradise and programme sellers are making more cash than ever.

Fanbase wise, I think you'll get a handful that may pay £5, but again probably restricted to the more die hard collectors of the support.

I don't think online programme would sell unless price was a token gesture (ie £1)

11 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

I got commentary the full game, was very very good, especially with you having to commentate with a 5 second delay, really enjoyed it and looking forward to hearing @LeodhasXD and @KierenAAFC the more used to live commentarys they get!

I've fixed the problem with the 5.8 seconds. So Kieren and whoever he'd like to recruit as a number 2 - when they do it next time don't have to look at the screen. Just commentate live and it's already synced it up to what's on the screen.

I've been speaking to Pixellot about how to get a multi-cam setup so I think I'm retiring from the commentary to focus on that. Which if we can get working will also be 10x easier to synchronise with the footage. Glad to have not been a total waste of space on the first go though!😂

On 26/10/2020 at 08:14, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I think you spoke about a minimum order level of 50- I spoke to a Scottish programme seller last week who would take 25 copies of each edition from the club. Not sure if he got in touch with club or John Glencross to pursue this.

I think that's the market who will take these predominantly- collectors. Covid era has led to a collectors paradise and programme sellers are making more cash than ever.

Fanbase wise, I think you'll get a handful that may pay £5, but again probably restricted to the more die hard collectors of the support.

I don't think online programme would sell unless price was a token gesture (ie £1)

Raith successfully sold a (small) number of online program subscriptions at £50 for the year, and a decent number of mail order ones at £70 (to arrive the morning of the game). It wasn’t a huge amount, but if (that’s the big if) you have a small but supportive overseas fan base, the online it can work...the printed version is an easier sell as a memento, I guess, but a subscription seems better from a demand standpoint to get a deal on costs. They had been publishing a “Review” in near programatic format for a couple of months during the shutdown, and the relative quality of that may have helped sell the idea. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Raith successfully sold a (small) number of online program subscriptions at £50 for the year, and a decent number of mail order ones at £70 (to arrive the morning of the game). It wasn’t a huge amount, but if (that’s the big if) you have a small but supportive overseas fan base, the online it can work...the printed version is an easier sell as a memento, I guess, but a subscription seems better from a demand standpoint to get a deal on costs. They had been publishing a “Review” in near programatic format for a couple of months during the shutdown, and the relative quality of that may have helped sell the idea. 

Yeah I'm not interested in selling the online programme really. They only thing is how many would be put off buying a physical one because they could get a free online one. 

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've fixed the problem with the 5.8 seconds. So Kieren and whoever he'd like to recruit as a number 2 - when they do it next time don't have to look at the screen. Just commentate live and it's already synced it up to what's on the screen.

I've been speaking to Pixellot about how to get a multi-cam setup so I think I'm retiring from the commentary to focus on that. Which if we can get working will also be 10x easier to synchronise with the footage. Glad to have not been a total waste of space on the first go though!😂

Would be good if it was possible to get a couple of ex players on with @KierenAAFC

Would be good if it was possible to get a couple of ex players on with [mention=62966]KierenAAFC[/mention]

This had come into my thinking! Change up the co-comms. From opposing fans, podcasters to hopefully some ex-players or current.

Shall put a tweet out to harvest some interest! Any suggestions always welcome.

10 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

This had come into my thinking! Change up the co-comms. From opposing fans, podcasters to hopefully some ex-players or current.

Shall put a tweet out to harvest some interest! Any suggestions always welcome.

Very good idea mate, I'm sure a few would be interested. 

5 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

I wonder if have the two week break means we have a fully fit and available squad for Friday night? Loan signings rumours have been very quiet - would still like to see a pacy front man to give us options up front.

Have to admit I'm not entirely sure about the current loan rules but I thought the window had been extended to the end of October and is now closed until January? Perhaps someone can clarify that. 

I'd certainly have liked to see another attacking option come in, if the budget had allowed for that. However, getting something like our best team on the park would make a big difference. It was always going to be very tough replacing Flanny and O'Hara (and with Andy Graham still to show he can return), but the League Cup games were very promising with the new men showing up well. To then lose Parry on the eve of the league season though, and Hetherington too for the Pars game and Graham still out, was too much experience to be missing when we are still bedding in new players. It cost us badly in both league games, games in which we had good spells but that we lost through basic mistakes and lack of experience. If we can get that spine of the team fit and available regularly I'd be hopeful our prospects will improve, even without another striker. 

On another note, I noticed the new top is now available through the club Pendle site. Another way to through a few quid towards the club, even if it is basically the same top as last year! 

If you'd like a physical programme:

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/shop/

I'm going to start adding some extra merchandising on it. But it's a good start for just Friday's programme.

£3 pickup available from Lime Tree house - otherwise £2 to get it delivered to your house. Orders before Thursday should safely be with you before Friday night.

We'll be giving out the digital copy for FREE the same way as the others https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/programmes/

But it'd be nice to keep producing a real one...

Edited by LeodhasXD