The Alloa Athletic Thread

Unclear as of yet. 15 players confirmed for next season along with a new kit.

Neil Parry, Andy Wilson, Andy Graham, Scott Taggart, Liam Dick, Steven Hetherington, Jon Robertson, Alan Trouten, Adam Brown, Blair Malcolm, Kevin Cawley, Liam Buchanan, Robert Thomson, Cameron O’Donnell & Nathan Gilhooly

The way the piece on the club site is worded looks worryingly like that's the business done in terms of last season's squad. Hope not as Flanny would be a huge loss. 

Same top as last season but with different coloured sleeves?? If so, a missed opportunity to give folk a chance to support the club by buying a new shirt. 

Would like to hope we’re looking at O’Hara. Kerr and McCardle will know him well from Falkirk and it’s not too big a jump from Alloa to Ayr so he could still easily progress in his career.

Would take Flannigan as well tbh.

Iain Flannigan has retired.

Really, really disappointed as what a loss he’ll be for us. A fantastic football player. Probably the classiest I’ve seen in my short time following the club. Best of luck to him! He’s brought us many good memories!

Is Flanagan the wee free roaming midfielder? 

I liked the look of him (whatever his name was) whenever I seen Alloa. 

Edit : just Googled him. Looks like it was him I was thinking of. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is Flanagan the wee free roaming midfielder? 

I liked the look of him (whatever his name was) whenever I seen Alloa. 

Yeah that's him  gutted about this he still had it, but happy for him on a personal basis . wish him all the best and hope to see him back spectating .

Flanny 😢😢 

We’ve been absolutely spoiled over the last decade but Flanny was maybe the most enjoyable of all to watch, a man with total mastery of the ball at his feet.

There are so many brilliant memories and big goals but the one that really sticks out for me is the free-kick against Hibs at the Recs. Time running out, Oxley filling the keepers side of the goal, Flanny with nothing to aim at; as soon as it left his foot you knew it was going in. Sublime.

Just now, whereismillar said:

I feel your pain....

Didn't see that coming at all. I'm not going to get hysterical and say we're going to struggle next season, but Peter Grant's got a tough job ahead to find an adequate replacement.

18 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Iain Flannigan has retired.

Really, really disappointed as what a loss he’ll be for us. A fantastic football player. Probably the classiest I’ve seen in my short time following the club. Best of luck to him! He’s brought us many good memories!

Were did you hear that!!! 

2 minutes ago, Barneyw said:

Flanny 😢😢 

We’ve been absolutely spoiled over the last decade but Flanny was maybe the most enjoyable of all to watch, a man with total mastery of the ball at his feet.

There are so many brilliant memories and big goals but the one that really sticks out for me is the free-kick against Hibs at the Recs. Time running out, Oxley filling the keepers side of the goal, Flanny with nothing to aim at; as soon as it left his foot you knew it was going in. Sublime.

Always felt like a wean when we'd get a free-kick and I'd be telling my mum, "ooh, ohh, Flanny's taking it!"  :lol: