Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

Listening to a podcast with Scotland cricketer Mark Watt, he mentions in it he’s mates with Jamie Dishington and says he thinks he has signed for you

7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Light at the end of the tunnel with this and hopefully some extension announcements tomorrow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8400783/Scottish-Championship-clubs-set-play-nine-games-new-season-begin-October.html

Wouldn’t believe too much written in theDaily Mail 

44 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Wouldn’t believe too much written in theDaily Mail 

It's certainly not a paper I like, but its fitba' reporting is often more accurate than the hysterical nonsense you tend to get in the redtops.

The Gaffer working hard to bring players in as well as signing current squad players. Need two strikers and two centre halfs. Woukd take Ricky lamie from Livi. And Ashcroft from pars if both fancy pt club 

42 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Woukd take Ricky lamie from Livi.

😂😂😂 Not a chance. I’d be amazed to see him back with a Championship club.

Not a chance. I’d be amazed to see him back with a Championship club.

Aye he’s signing for Motherwell apparently.

17 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Taggs now too. Class.

Fantastic start tonight with three stalwarts signed up. Great players and leaders too. Flanny another of that ilk and really hoping he can be retained too.

In general, as many of that established nucleus we have that stay on the better. They might all be getting a bit older, but getting them signed up and building around them remains a sound plan.

There is always a concern each summer that the team might break up very quickly as happened under Danny Lennon in 2015. As such, getting Graham, Parry and Taggart signed early is very encouraging. 

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Don't think he's good enough for the top flight 

Obviously not, which is why he's rejected a new contract from the club which finished 5th in the top flight having been linked with the club which finished 3rd in the top flight for months.

Liam Dick confirmed , good to have a settled defence back ,just a pity we could not keep Deas 

Cawley,  Flanny, Hetherington, Brown (never thought i would say that ) next please.

Edited by whereismillar

Hetherington is indeed next! Going to be a day of a re-signing an hour by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Hetherington is indeed next! Going to be a day of a re-signing an hour by the looks of it.

Roughly. It's a lot of work. 

16 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Neil Parry and Andy Graham both resigning is a great start - now to get the rest of the squad to put pen to paper.

Almost had a heart attack there, before realising my mistake.

On 22/05/2020 at 15:12, weetoonlad said:

The doors always open for you to have a go!!!!!! 

I've seen you give that answer before when it's pointed out you're not very good on the tannoy. Does this mean you're just filling in until the club finds somebody more capable?

Cawley, hetherington, robertson . nice work.... this talk of zanatta i cant see it ,full time team will take him, would be good though.

Cawley, hetherington, robertson . nice work.... this talk of zanatta i cant see it ,full time team will take him, would be good though.

I would rather have O’Hara.