Jump to content
Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If the community hub idea is a starter then pooling our resources as teams and doing one game after another might make a lot of sense. Say we had another teams cameraman - I could control the live graphics and do instant replay with what I have got just now.

Not volunteering for commentary anytime soon though😂 even if I hate the open all micers

Do stream your games for overseas fans on a Saturday? If so, do you know how many watch it?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

If the community hub idea is a starter then pooling our resources as teams and doing one game after another might make a lot of sense. Say we had another teams cameraman - I could control the live graphics and do instant replay with what I have got just now.

Not volunteering for commentary anytime soon though😂 even if I hate the open all micers

I'm out if our esteemed tannoy announcer and client of Donaldson's solicitors gets the gig. It's bad enough listening to him stumble through annoucements that he has written down in front of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Do stream your games for overseas fans on a Saturday? If so, do you know how many watch it?

Thank you.

Not yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If the community hub idea is a starter then pooling our resources as teams and doing one game after another might make a lot of sense. Say we had another teams cameraman - I could control the live graphics and do instant replay with what I have got just now.
Not volunteering for commentary anytime soon though even if I hate the open all micers


Are you thinking along the lines of staggered start times? Might struggle with support for that one I would guess, but can see how it would be beneficial for sharing services.

How different is the set up from turning what you do now in to a live feed? For instance, would you have the capability to switch between cameras/show replays?

Generally I think there is potential in Championship for streaming games but only really as a stop gap. Struggle to see a way of numbers being high enough for any clubs to sustain it as a model for an extended period.

Then again, remember the whole SPL TV plan from years ago? Would be ideal for this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did you not stream the development games live ? i would pay but prefer to buy season ticket..is the problem collecting the payment for the stream ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

did you not stream the development games live ? i would pay but prefer to buy season ticket..is the problem collecting the payment for the stream ?

 

Yeah that's exactly it. That and geoblocking requirements (not streaming in the UK and Ireland until after midnight)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

 


Are you thinking along the lines of staggered start times? Might struggle with support for that one I would guess, but can see how it would be beneficial for sharing services.

How different is the set up from turning what you do now in to a live feed? For instance, would you have the capability to switch between cameras/show replays?

Generally I think there is potential in Championship for streaming games but only really as a stop gap. Struggle to see a way of numbers being high enough for any clubs to sustain it as a model for an extended period.

Then again, remember the whole SPL TV plan from years ago? Would be ideal for this!

 

I'd need to buy a switcher for multiple cameras - this switcher I'm going to add to my setup at some point (Atem mini pro) this  only has HDMI inputs which tends to limit the length you can send them but suits me- the BBC and professional cameras all use SDI. That'll get better quality than the cheap and nasty capture card I've got too. There's still some motion blur looking effect when I'm panning which irritates me.

At the minute I'm on my own so during the games I've streamed I've only used a basic scoreboard and it's ridiculously hard to do replays while operating a camera - but if I'm just a match controller I can have more freedom with that stuff. Certainly I could run replays in an even more sophisticated way and go frame by frame for a bad tackle or a dodgy offside with the setup I have just now.

In terms of graphics one of the things I'm quite proud of is the team lines. They take as long as it takes me to type to generate. So doing them on the fly is 👌.  I'm quite tempted to add one for scoring goals. Like Alan trouten - face appears and his goals for the season - or a wee stat that says 3 goals in 3 games or something. Again stuff that I can generate on the fly.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd need to buy a switcher for multiple cameras - this switcher I'm going to add to my setup at some point (Atem mini pro) this  only has HDMI inputs which tends to limit the length you can send them but suits me- the BBC and professional cameras all use SDI. That'll get better quality than the cheap and nasty capture card I've got too. There's still some motion blur looking effect when I'm panning which irritates me.

At the minute I'm on my own so during the games I've streamed I've only used a basic scoreboard and it's ridiculously hard to do replays while operating a camera - but if I'm just a match controller I can have more freedom with that stuff. Certainly I could run replays in an even more sophisticated way and go frame by frame for a bad tackle or a dodgy offside with the setup I have just now.

In terms of graphics one of the things I'm quite proud of is the team lines. They take as long as it takes me to type to generate. So doing them on the fly is 👌.  I'm quite tempted to add one for scoring goals. Like Alan trouten - face appears and his goals for the season - or a wee stat that says 3 goals in 3 games or something. Again stuff that I can generate on the fly.

I think you do a fantastic job already. Your club should be proud of you and other clubs should take note! Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd need to buy a switcher for multiple cameras

might be asking too much due to the covid but can the club not help ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd need to buy a switcher for multiple cameras - this switcher I'm going to add to my setup at some point (Atem mini pro) this  only has HDMI inputs which tends to limit the length you can send them but suits me- the BBC and professional cameras all use SDI. That'll get better quality than the cheap and nasty capture card I've got too. There's still some motion blur looking effect when I'm panning which irritates me.

At the minute I'm on my own so during the games I've streamed I've only used a basic scoreboard and it's ridiculously hard to do replays while operating a camera - but if I'm just a match controller I can have more freedom with that stuff. Certainly I could run replays in an even more sophisticated way and go frame by frame for a bad tackle or a dodgy offside with the setup I have just now.

In terms of graphics one of the things I'm quite proud of is the team lines. They take as long as it takes me to type to generate. So doing them on the fly is 👌.  I'm quite tempted to add one for scoring goals. Like Alan trouten - face appears and his goals for the season - or a wee stat that says 3 goals in 3 games or something. Again stuff that I can generate on the fly.

Top man brought the exposure of the club on 100% over the last few years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2020 at 10:16, LeodhasXD said:

In the absence of fans at grounds seemingly anytime soon would you be happy watching it on a streaming service?

I’d sign up for this in a heartbeat. Whether it be a season ticket or a game-by-game basis, I’d happily watch every week until we’re allowed back into grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lads - hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say I have just created a new Scottish Football magazine and Callum Tapping features in the first issue. He talks about his career to date and we spoke a bit about his time at Alloa, however brief! - it is a really good and interesting read! If you're interested, you can order via the link below: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to a podcast with Scotland cricketer Mark Watt, he mentions in it he’s mates with Jamie Dishington and says he thinks he has signed for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Light at the end of the tunnel with this and hopefully some extension announcements tomorrow.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8400783/Scottish-Championship-clubs-set-play-nine-games-new-season-begin-October.html

Wouldn’t believe too much written in theDaily Mail 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Wouldn’t believe too much written in theDaily Mail 

It's certainly not a paper I like, but its fitba' reporting is often more accurate than the hysterical nonsense you tend to get in the redtops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...