The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Partick are the weakest team in the league they have the least points..... 

That's the problem with the average points though isn't it, the table isn't a totally fair and accurate gauge of strength after 27 or 28 games in the same way as it is after 36.

Regardless, my own opinion is that Partick have better players and a better manager than Queens, and while they weren't doing much on the park to prove that, I think they'd have picked up points in the remaining games. Your lot looked like a disorganised, dispirited, confidence shorn rabble badly lacking in inspiration, and I firmly believe you would have finished 10th had the season continued as scheduled. We'll never find out now, even if it did start again in the summer it would be a different scenario. 

Edited by Waspie

That's the problem with the average points though isn't it, the table isn't a totally fair and accurate gauge of strength after 27 or 28 games in the same way as it is after 36.
Regardless, my own opinion is that Partick have better players and a better manager than Queens, and while they weren't doing much on the park to prove that, I think they'd have picked up points in the remaining games. Your lot looked like a disorganised, dispirited, confidence shorn rabble badly lacking in inspiration, and I firmly believe you would have finished 10th had the season continued as scheduled. We'll never find out now, even if it did start again in the summer it would be a different scenario. 
We need four divisions of 14 from next season the whole setup needs revamped

Run the season April to Nov

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:

We need four divisions of 14 from next season the whole setup needs revamped

Run the season April to Nov

Yes because part time footballers telling their wives and families that Summer holidays are a thing of the past wont cause any problems.

Yes because part time footballers telling their wives and families that Summer holidays are a thing of the past wont cause any problems.
Agree bud but we need summer football . as thoughout any season players have short weeks or 2 week breaks for internationals etc so its not going to change family life much its the way forward ..... Summer football April to Nov

16 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
1 hour ago, Kobe2010 said:

Agree bud but we need summer football . as thoughout any season players have short weeks or 2 week breaks for internationals etc so its not going to change family life much its the way forward ..... Summer football April to Nov

As it stands we have one month where we don't play competitive football. You are suggesting four. This might be an issue. 

I thought weetoonlad's absolute car crash "nil and void" arguments on the coronavirus thread was peak idiocy, but seems he's going to go for another record.
Few hurdles to get over yet printer keep with us for a wee while yet good lad . stay safe and stay at home u don't want a police fine

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:
1 hour ago, printer said:
I thought weetoonlad's absolute car crash "nil and void" arguments on the coronavirus thread was peak idiocy, but seems he's going to go for another record.

Few hurdles to get over yet printer keep with us for a wee while yet good lad . stay safe and stay at home u don't want a police fine

I would suggest that with April being a year away thats a fairly large hurdle.Any ideas for what to do in the meantime.

So the season has finished and we shall be a championship team agsin when season 20/21 begins.

First of all very well done to the management and the team, fantastic effort and result. Some of the play and results were top quality, maybe the best I have seen an alloa team perform.

Now comes the planning for next season.

Peter has plenty of time to get ready, so who do we work hard to keep for another season and who do we try and entice to the indodrill?

2 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

So the season has finished and we shall be a championship team agsin when season 20/21 begins.

First of all very well done to the management and the team, fantastic effort and result. Some of the play and results were top quality, maybe the best I have seen an alloa team perform.

Peter has plenty of time to get ready, so who do we work hard to keep for another season and who do we try and entice to the indodrill?

It's been a difficult season for us. With bad  injuries to key players. Am usure when we will k/o. Next Season imo Aug Sept time we need to scrap that silly cup pre season and start with championship games. Am unsure what players  Peter will keep or bring in. I think there will be 100"s off players out the game in the summer. 

Safe safe stay at home. Follow the NHS guidelines 

11 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

yes i agree , would like to get Deas permanent , not likely though,  would have liked to have seen more of scott banks , maybe back on loan again ? O'hara will most likely be off, but he was a bit cool at the latter end maybe he will sign on again ? ,i would retain hopefully the rest of the squad , Adam brown looks to be the player he promised to be , robert thomson i am not so sure about , buchs may move on , every other player is a stick on , PG has made good signings , so quite optomistic especially now he has settled  in I think we were 3 points better off than last season at the point we stopped . 

hi was wondering if someone could help me with a project im on. im working on alloas kits from 1980-2020, and im struggling to find any reference to their change colours yet alone an image of the kit. could anyone even point me in the direction of their change colours in the early to mid 80's?

5 minutes ago, Trips said:

He's had 1 negative feedback out of 3034 in the past year. If it's fake, I don't think he knows it. And, as you say, where's the market for counterfeit shirts for part-time Scottish football clubs?

If it turns out to be a fake, you can always claim your money back from PayPal. Speaking as someone who's had to refund buyers on expensive designer gear that turned out to be tat  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He's had 1 negative feedback out of 3034 in the past year. If it's fake, I don't think he knows it. And, as you say, where's the market for counterfeit shirts for part-time Scottish football clubs?

If it turns out to be a fake, you can always claim your money back from PayPal. Speaking as someone who's had to refund buyers on expensive designer gear that turned out to be tat  :rolleyes:

I'm just incredibly tight when it comes to spending money. 😄😄

I offered them £20 and it was accepted within a minute so we'll see how it goes.

48 minutes ago, Trips said:

I'm just incredibly tight when it comes to spending money. 😄😄

I offered them £20 and it was accepted within a minute so we'll see how it goes.

I looked back and I bought a top from them in 2017. It arrived no bother. 

I'm still not taking any responsibility if you never see the top 😉