The Alloa Athletic Thread

39 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Bitter sweet.

Very good replacement but gutted for Neilly.

Agreed. Neilly such a key figure for us and always comes across as a top man too. Hope to see him back fit and between the sticks for us ASAP.

However, I'd say that Neil, Andy Graham and Flanny are the three players that we'd miss massively if out for an extended spell. No disrespect to Chris Henry, but felt we really needed experienced cover in these circumstances. Don't think we could have done better than McDonald. Good work by the manager here. 

Agreed. Neilly such a key figure for us and always comes across as a top man too. Hope to see him back fit and between the sticks for us ASAP.
However, I'd say that Neil, Andy Graham and Flanny are the three players that we'd miss massively if out for an extended spell. No disrespect to Chris Henry, but felt we really needed experienced cover in these circumstances. Don't think we could have done better than McDonald. Good work by the manager here. 
Hard work done over the last few days by the club first class keeper

Don't think we could have done better than McDonald. Good work by the manager here. 

Yep, a good and experienced keeper was needed as Neil's are such big gloves to fill, metaphorically and literally. [emoji5]

McDonald meets both criteria comfortably, but has he had a lap dance from Britney Spears? I fear not.

J Mac to Alloa is a very good signing at Championship level & at 33, he needs to be playing on a regular basis....

Saved us from defeat on numerous occasions especially pre Steve Clarke but will always be fondly remembered at Killie for his penalty save in the dying seconds of the Rangers game at Ibrox just before Burke scored at the other end in a 1-1 draw.

All the best Jamie 👍

I love Jamie MacDonald as a keeper, wee guy but had some proper standout performances and that's me seeing them as a neutral who only sees him when he's on the TV

I was buzzing when I found out Parry was out for the season (in the nicest way possible I hope the big man is aryt and makes a speedy recovery) because I knew how big a blow to a relegation rival that would be but you seem to have landed a great replacement

Hopefully he's drastically declined since the last time I saw him though [emoji14]

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I love Jamie MacDonald as a keeper, wee guy but had some proper standout performances and that's me seeing them as a neutral who only sees him when he's on the TV

I was buzzing when I found out Parry was out for the season (in the nicest way possible I hope the big man is aryt and makes a speedy recovery) because I knew how big a blow to a relegation rival that would be but you seem to have landed a great replacement

Hopefully he's drastically declined since the last time I saw him though emoji14.png

Long way to go but you guys are doing well, Parry will be missed but a good temporary replacement ,will be interesting to see how things pan out for both part time teams .

The team worked really hard today and deserved more from the game. I admit Dundee had chances but so did we.... missed penalty, two very good chances and 3 or 4 tempting crosses into the box. Thought the referee made some inconsistent decisions, not many to favour us and was poor. Think we still need the final piece of the jigsaw up front as we need to be more ruthless, not easy to find someone I know. McDonald was really good, brilliant piece of business.

Anyone know if there's archived highlights of old Alloa games online?

Looking for Alloa 3-1 Stranraer (21 April 2012) and Alloa 4-1 Stranraer (26 January 2013) and couldn't see anything on YouTube or the club website. Cheers!

Don't think you will find anything bud we only had a camera Man over the last few seasons

What can you tell us about Ahmed Aloulou? He was on the bench as a trialist for us today.

What team do you support out of interest?

Probably better asking Berwick fans about him. We saw very little of him! Few eye catching touches and keepy-uppy tricks in the warm up from his futsal days is about as far as it goes.

On 25/09/2019 at 09:28, Moonball said:

Anyone know if there's archived highlights of old Alloa games online?

Looking for Alloa 3-1 Stranraer (21 April 2012) and Alloa 4-1 Stranraer (26 January 2013) and couldn't see anything on YouTube or the club website. Cheers!

We did have highlights those seasons but I'm afraid I don't know where you would find the footage now, it was a different guy doing the highlights at that point.