Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

For those of us old enough, it's unbelievable to think that it's 20 years ago this autumn that we won the challenge cup. A truly brilliant campaign and final. A magnificent achievement especially given how good that Inverness team were. It would be nice to see the club honour the hero's of 1999. 
One of my best days at the football in 44 years supporting alloa and luckily there have been many.   Great memories of the whole tournament including an injury ravaged alloa coming back to beat Stirling at forthbank  in the semi final. 
It's early days but I'm trying to organise a match between the supporters team and the Challenge Cup winning squad for sometime in November.

7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Surprise, surprise ... Dunfermline away.

What dreams are made of.

I'm actually quite pleased it's not Dundee United though, a half an hour to Dunfermline is much more pleasant.

Quite disappointed it's not Wrexham though.

Thistle have just signed Dario Zanatta on a two year deal. A good bit if business Wasp fans? 🤔

A great signing. He can be a bit frustrating, often takes the wrong option, is a bit raw, and sometimes try to do everything himself; but he never stops working, has good pace, bags of skill, and will get you goals out of nothing.

He was a massive part in us staying up last year.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:46, jagfox99 said:

Thistle have just signed Dario Zanatta on a two year deal. A good bit if business Wasp fans? 🤔

😒

A great signing. He can be a bit frustrating, often takes the wrong option, is a bit raw, and sometimes try to do everything himself; but he never stops working, has good pace, bags of skill, and will get you goals out of nothing.

He was a massive part in us staying up last year.
Great signing for the jags won't get u 25 goals but will get u 11/12 but his hold up play is good

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with Andy Graham last week. It's in three parts but this final installment focuses on his time at the Recs.

He's a smashing guy and I'm sure it'll be worth your time.

I thought the team were fantastic yesterday, especially on a bobbly pitch. Kept it tight, gave little away and broke quickly and with a little more composure could have scored a couple more. Thought Grant got the tactics spot on.

41 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

I thought the team were fantastic yesterday, especially on a bobbly pitch. Kept it tight, gave little away and broke quickly and with a little more composure could have scored a couple more. Thought Grant got the tactics spot on.

its good to hear , how did Malcolm do ?

All three episodes are excellent, cheers.

Andy's song at the end!

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with Andy Graham last week. It's in three parts but this final installment focuses on his time at the Recs.
He's a smashing guy and I'm sure it'll be worth your time.

These are the sort of wins which kept us up last year. Not sure we'll bring anyone in today, although one more attacking option would be good.

Having said that we do have some decent depth in the squad now. Buchs, Stirling, Robbo and Adam Brown on the bench and Stevie H suspended.

Thomson gives us a different option up front and did well for the goal, which was expertly stuck away by Trouts.

1 hour ago, printer said:

These are the sort of wins which kept us up last year. Not sure we'll bring anyone in today, although one more attacking option would be good.

We're not. Gaffer told me he was interested in a few on loan, wingers/forwards but their clubs want to hold onto them.

Instead of signing players just to sit on our bench he's much more happy to have our own youths involved. 

10 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Andy Stirling has been released, seems like strange timing unless the manager is bringing in another free agent. Keilor-Dunn anyone?

Bit unlucky i think, under JG he would have played every week as he played with 2 wide men, but Grant was trying to play him as a midfielder and it's not his position.  Will have no problem finding a club, hopefully Grant freeing up space for a free agent.

More to it than meets the eye I would assume. Would have liked to see this one work out as always a player I’d liked despite was QoS fans said.

Hopefully manager has someone lined up to replace that gap, although didn’t play much. Kellior-Dunn would be pretty smashing, however, think he’d get FT.

Andy Stirling has been released, seems like strange timing unless the manager is bringing in another free agent. Keilor-Dunn anyone?

I’m guessing he was released sometime yesterday otherwise he can’t sign elsewhere until January?