Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

Thoughts on Jack Aitchson boys? Think he'd be a good addition for Dundee? What's his role like?

I liked him...for such a young guy I thought he was always cool and composed on the ball, never panicked into making a pass and always looked to weigh up his options...

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

Thoughts on Jack Aitchson boys? Think he'd be a good addition for Dundee? What's his role like?

He missed loads being away with Scotland. When he got in the team I think he was a big reason behind our winning run. As a small striker he dealt with defenders brilliantly. Definitely got bigger things to come from him.

Like the look of O'hara so far.

Hope Neilly is back next week as well

Give him half a chances and he’ll score more than he misses. A big part in the winning run that kept us up. Would love it if we managed to get him back although highly doubtful.

Surprisingly looking forward to the season after today we looked sharper going forward than previous games and seen nothing from Arbroath to really threaten us. over the course of the season we should have enough about us to challenge for safety again this year.

Good work rate but strikers are judged on goals . Sorry not for me

Good work rate but strikers are judged on goals . Sorry not for me

You're so fake, Barbie is jealous.

Thought we deserved the win yesterday. Played really well when we had the ball, with Flanny running the game from the base of the diamond, ably supported by wee Kev (who thrived being more involved), Trouts, Buchs and Robbo. Everyone else was at least solid. Henry could have done better for both goals IMO, but he had a couple of very good saves.

Arbroath were OK, played good stuff at times and in Bobby Linn they have a very dangerous player.

Neil would have done better with both goals imo, i think both could have been saved.

Great result yesterday but doesnt mean alot in the big scheme of things. Few more bodies to come in yet aswell.

Big week for the wasps. Will we get the final pieces of the jigsaw and bring in the players of the quality to maybe push up further up the league. Any rumours?? Gotta be a centre half and a winger?

Should've kept it hush til Saturday

Just now, Redwedge77 said:

Can’t wait for calls to have the park shortened again once we lose a few gamesemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

if we do it wont be the park , our first point was away at inverness last season , it has been said before but we only won one more point at home than away when normally you would see a bigger home/away margin . took us a while to record a win so  no panicking

if we do it wont be the park

You don't know that for certain. Nobody does.

This seems a statement of intent from Peter Grant, which is encouraging. It was also interesting to hear his reasons for going to the midfield diamond, wanting to get the likes of wee Kev more involved - that's encouraging too.