Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

Didn,t make the game on Tuesday but after watching the excellent highlights all three of our goals came from balls in from wide.We have a group of players who attempt to get it down and play yet we still have the narrow pitch which gives us no help at all.It also lets the bigger stronger sides go route one from anywhere and put us under pressure.If we start the season with it still in place I will be gutted.Its Ray McKinnon levels of negativity and our players don,t deserve it.Small wonder Scottish football is nowhere in the grand scheme of things when this is what coaches come up with.

9 hours ago, Kobe2010 said:

Didn,t make the game on Tuesday but after watching the excellent highlights all three of our goals came from balls in from wide.We have a group of players who attempt to get it down and play yet we still have the narrow pitch which gives us no help at all.It also lets the bigger stronger sides go route one from anywhere and put us under pressure.If we start the season with it still in place I will be gutted.Its Ray McKinnon levels of negativity and our players don,t deserve it.Small wonder Scottish football is nowhere in the grand scheme of things when this is what coaches come up with.

I hate the narrow pitch, almost to the point that coming into next season I'll probably prefer to go to away games than at home.

10 hours ago, Sixtyten said:

I hate the narrow pitch, almost to the point that coming into next season I'll probably prefer to go to away games than at home.

Have to agree with that. I only got to 7 or 8 games last season but for the most part it was like watching paint dry at home. Very few goals scored and mainly relying on set pieces. 

I didn't particularly enjoy watching games on it either. Alloa got a bit better at finding space as they got used to it, but it certainly isn't something which suits our players and it is frustrating to watch. Suspect with the new gaffer just in the door that he is unlikely to change it. 

Tough challenge for the Wasps today and hopefully we can give Hibs a game. Will certainly need to be a lot tighter than Tuesday night. 

Another Buchs hatrick.

Liam doesn't have any problem scoring.

Delighted to read the last few pages and see that many of the Alloa support were also questioning the clubs pricing policy for the Betfred cup matches.

I don’t think I’ll ever get my head around the Alloa boards thinking on this issue and, despite the fact that there has been an obvious rivalry between the 2 clubs over the years, I would have thought that would have given even more reason for sensible pricing.

2 seasons ago, we took enough fans to fill the terrace at Ochilview on both occasions and without any exaggeration, I would have expected similar numbers again for tomorrow night, but that won’t happen now.

Stirling fans have indeed decided to boycott the match, yeah there will be a handful through I’m sure, but that’s nothing compared to the couple of hundred that would have attended the match if the price was set at say, £12 for an adult (which is what we charged against Hibs & Arbroath) or maybe even the £10 that Elgin charged us on Saturday.

For the sake of Alloa, I hope that enough pressure can be made by the fans, over the course of the season, that the board will reconsider the decision for future seasons. As ultimately a fan of Scottish Football, it’s a sad advert for football at Part Time level and within the Stirlingshire area that this derby is going to be played in front of 200-300 people again.

It's been happening long enough now that the board obviously aren't fussed about low crowds for the cup games. I couldn't give a monkey's about the new "Challenge Cup", as I'm happy for that to continue to be a failure, but it's poor for the League Cup matches IMO. The only explanation I can think of is that they don't want to be seen to devalue the product (horrible phrase), but it seems that other clubs are happy to reduce the price for these games, so they're on to a loser with that idea.

Basically, we hear this every season, and nobody here is happy about it either, but it doesn't look like it's going to change, no matter how unpopular it's making us with visiting fans  :(

Delighted to read the last few pages and see that many of the Alloa support were also questioning the clubs pricing policy for the Betfred cup matches.

I don’t think I’ll ever get my head around the Alloa boards thinking on this issue and, despite the fact that there has been an obvious rivalry between the 2 clubs over the years, I would have thought that would have given even more reason for sensible pricing.

2 seasons ago, we took enough fans to fill the terrace at Ochilview on both occasions and without any exaggeration, I would have expected similar numbers again for tomorrow night, but that won’t happen now.

Stirling fans have indeed decided to boycott the match, yeah there will be a handful through I’m sure, but that’s nothing compared to the couple of hundred that would have attended the match if the price was set at say, £12 for an adult (which is what we charged against Hibs & Arbroath) or maybe even the £10 that Elgin charged us on Saturday.

For the sake of Alloa, I hope that enough pressure can be made by the fans, over the course of the season, that the board will reconsider the decision for future seasons. As ultimately a fan of Scottish Football, it’s a sad advert for football at Part Time level and within the Stirlingshire area that this derby is going to be played in front of 200-300 people again.

It is what it is

What a fucking comment from you

The board are not going to change so what's the point really

Whould it be fairer to the fans to add it into the early bird season ticket offer at a cost

20 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
25 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

What a fucking comment from you

BFTD made that point already. if the fans are not happy about it we need to keep the comments going and keep trying to force a change that is if the board ever register the fans opinion anyway, on another note i didn't make the game on saturday and only saw the highlights is Adam Brown confounding us all ?

Brown did okay on Saturday in the first half, then faded out of it after the break. Did his job but didnt see him as a particular standout.

I would suspect when Andy Stirling is 100% again he will come into the starting lineup with Adam making way.

27 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

BFTD made that point already. if the fans are not happy about it we need to keep the comments going and keep trying to force a change that is if the board ever register the fans opinion anyway, on another note i didn't make the game on saturday and only saw the highlights is Adam Brown confounding us all ?

The board have been challenged on it on numerous occasions where I was present for the response- which is always the same. They state that the club budget is based on full pricing for a set number of home games. Im not for a minute defending that stance.

July is a tough month for a lot of football fans- when everyone has paid for season tickets, family holidays etc etc. We previously laid out to the board the total cost for us to follow the team in the 4 group games in addition to everything else. Probably not far off £200 for the two home and away games is a big commitment at this time of year. 

As a general rule I dont think this league cup group phase has captured the imagination of supporters. After only a few years of implementation it already seems played out. The Stirling game is slightly different in the fact its a local derby and theres potential to bring in a decent crowd and atmosphere if priced correctly. Taking the Elgin game as a more accurate example Im not sure how many more we would add to the gate even with a reduction.

I know theres regulars out there who refuse to pay for these games as is their right, and I certainly dont blame them, and any opposition supporters doing likewise. 

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

I feel that the club is no longer a 'community club' but a cash cow.

If the club were to be a bit more 'fan friendly' by being realistic about cup games against teams from lower leagues, maybe a few more fans would turn up for league games. It just feels that the rules are rules, not to be interpreted just implied and those who were thinking they may make the effort have been frightened off.

It's a real sad day when a derby against the Albion is boycotted because our forward looking board have been blinded by greed.

Edited by laughing gravie

It is what it is

Just another patronising c**t who volunteers for the club on this thread.

You Get in for f**k all as your a club volunteer. You have been called out before about kidding on you purchase more than one season tickets which were shown to be false.

Dunfermline group games were initially priced at £18 but the board decided to change it to £12 after enough fans voiced their opinions about it (probably on social media), hopefully your board sees sense if enough noise is made about it

It baffles me how some boards see 200 fans at £18 being just as good as 300 at £12

More fans and a better atmosphere makes games 

I am sure the suffragettes, trade unionists and other campaigners all said same thing.

Football nothing without fans and there was very few there against Elgin and probably not much more against Stirling tomorrow. The board may get message at some point. At present the volunteers in blazers appear to see the fans as a hindrance to there enjoyment in pretending they are MM bestie.

...2 INCREDIBLE statements from club officials over betfred prices the past week..."IT IS WHAT IT IS".....narrowly beater by "2 HOURS MINIMUM WAGE FOR 2 HOURS ENTERTAINMENT"...

giphy.jpg