The Alloa Athletic Thread

Dont think Jim has any option but to move now if he wants full time football as his stock just now is high.Hartley and Ross recognised that as well.Last season for us was brilliant but also incredibly tough and the coming season will be also.I hope the coaches under Jim remain as they know the club and players inside out and we go for another up and coming ambitious manager.

Need Big Jims position sorted out as soon as possible as BBC are  reporting Gordon Strachan has held talks with Dundee chief executive John Nelms about an advisory role at the club. The former Celtic manager, sacked as Scotland boss in 2017, is reportedly being lined up as technical director. Dundee have interviewed Alloa Athletic's Jim Goodwin for their managerial vacancy and had an approach to talk to John Robertson rejected by Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Who would you guys likely be looking at as a replacement for Goodwin, if he does indeed leave for Dens? Likely to go for another recently retired player?

We will go for a young and hungry manager no doubt, Andy Graham anyone.......

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Who would you guys likely be looking at as a replacement for Goodwin, if he does indeed leave for Dens? Likely to go for another recently retired player?

Andy Graham player/manager.

...but I'm of the opinion that Dundee isn't the best place to go. Saying that thought the same when Jack Ross went to St Mirren.  Next year they'll have either Dundee United or St Mirren and Partick who I think will be improved to fight against for the title. Think Dundee need a bigger rebuild than either of those two.

If the St Mirren job is on the table come next week then I think that's a better place to be than Dundee.

I’ve always said I’d love Andy to be Goody’s replacement, believe he has a few badges already. But this is a season too early I think! We’d have been a lot worse off if Andy wasn’t on the park last season and I think he’s got some life in those legs yet.