Jump to content
Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Waspie said:

End of an era. Some great discussion on there over the years and it is interesting still to look back a few seasons and see what the fans were talking about. Midweek game when Alloa were 3-0 down at Stranraer and won 4-3 stands out, the Duffle was on fire that night. Thanks to the Duffle, it was a good forum. 

I think the peak was the day Paul Hartley was spotted at the Recs...   but discussions can continue on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RolandPie said:

I think the peak was the day Paul Hartley was spotted at the Recs...   but discussions can continue on here!

Aye, i remember was it not a case at one point that we were relying on Roachy's maw for player sightings/updates !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craigy said:

Aye, i remember was it not a case at one point that we were relying on Roachy's maw for player sightings/updates !! 

A source of excellent information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Craigy said:

Aye, i remember was it not a case at one point that we were relying on Roachy's maw for player sightings/updates !! 

Great times. I had a spy posted outside the ground with real time updates. The beginning of the road to unprecendented glory.

Turns out Mike had done the deal hours after the goalless draw with Annan to relegate us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant news tonight that Neil Parry, Andy Graham, Iain Flannigan and Kevin Cawley have signed new deals. Four Alloa legends and a terrific base to build from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, Waspie. Hoping Taggs, Robbo, Stevie H all follow on from that. This group of guys are making Alloa history and I don't think they've finished yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Roscoe is expected to get another year at Pittodrie.

I'd read good things about him during the start of his time at Alloa but looks like he was out of the squad or on the bench for the tail end of the season. Was that down to injury or a loss of form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sam Roscoe is expected to get another year at Pittodrie.

I'd read good things about him during the start of his time at Alloa but looks like he was out of the squad or on the bench for the tail end of the season. Was that down to injury or a loss of form?

Good player.  Lost placed when injured and Allloa  went on a good run and probably didn't want to change a winning team at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redwedge77 said:

Good player.  Lost placed when injured and Allloa  went on a good run and probably didn't want to change a winning team at the end.

Good to hear.

I know the guy he was lodging with up here. Didn't sound too good for him regarding a deal a couple of months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Good to hear.

I know the guy he was lodging with up here. Didn't sound too good for him regarding a deal a couple of months ago.

Good news if he is getting another year at Aberdeen. I thought he did really well with us and clearly came on playing next to Andy Graham. Was a good partnership. As Redwedge said, he would have stayed in the team all year but for getting injured and the team hitting form while he was out. Good luck to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Good news if he is getting another year at Aberdeen. I thought he did really well with us and clearly came on playing next to Andy Graham. Was a good partnership. As Redwedge said, he would have stayed in the team all year but for getting injured and the team hitting form while he was out. Good luck to him.

Appreciate the replies.

The lad I spoke to said he has a great range of passing but barely passes the half way line. Maybe needs to bulk up a bit too. Don't think he'll see much game time next season here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Young Sam Roscoe was excellent and got better as the season progressed playing beside a terrific player and professional Andy Graham . A great penalty box defender . A different player from McKenna and not as aggressive but he demonstrated intelligent reading of the game and his positional play was immense. A player who has a great future but probably not ready for a first team berth at this point though. 

McKenna was the same with us , terrific but needed games at senior level to get ready . Young Liam Lindsay also when he was with us.  Both have progressed and both will be Scotland mainstays in the future . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very quiet end to the season after the brilliant last game of the season. I assume there is no meet and greet with the players like there was last season? Any season ticket news or ground improvements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Very quiet end to the season after the brilliant last game of the season. I assume there is no meet and greet with the players like there was last season? Any season ticket news or ground improvements?

No plans for a party. Season tickets won't be decided to next month. It's always the middle of June. I've made a case for a permanent TV gantry above the away stand.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirky away to Forfar for more money. 

Not keeping my list up to date who has already been announced but think we are just waiting on Dick and Taggart.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robertson and Trouts as well I believe?

 

Disappointed with Kirky leaving. Thought he had another year left on his deal. I know he didn’t get much game time but he’s a cracking option to have and for the market we’re in, don’t think we can get much better. You saw the impact he can have with little time in his last minute goals last season!

 

If they’re throwing money at it, then so be it. Weird one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...