The Alloa Athletic Thread

Hi, I am a student at Stirling University and I am doing my dissertation looking at the different ownership structures of football clubs in the central Scotland area and the supporter's opinions of them (in particular looking towards supporters' opinions on supporter ownership). I need Alloa Athletic, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion and Falkirk supporters to complete the survey. The link of the survey is below.
All responses are greatly appreciated.
https://stirling.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/ow ... ball-clubs

Hi, I am a student at Stirling University and I am doing my dissertation looking at the different ownership structures of football clubs in the central Scotland area and the supporter's opinions of them (in particular looking towards supporters' opinions on supporter ownership). I need Alloa Athletic, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion and Falkirk supporters to complete the survey. The link of the survey is below.

Done

Also done but Question 10c needs the 'none of the above' option. I ticked one option just to finish the survey, not because I agree with it.

I think Q10 was the one about whether you thought your club's current ownership structure was right for your club, and if you thought it'd be better to be supporter-owned. Then you got a wee box to expand on your opinion.

Either that, or if was the one about which team should be bought out to accommodate The Rangers mk. III. I forget :P

I can't really remember it word for word but it was along the lines of...Which benefits would happen to your club if it was fan-owned? and it gave you a list of 5 options (tick all those which you think apply). It wouldn't let you submit the survey if you left them all blank so you need to choose at least one.

I can't really remember it word for word but it was along the lines of...Which benefits would happen to your club if it was fan-owned? and it gave you a list of 5 options (tick all those which you think apply). It wouldn't let you submit the survey if you left them all blank so you need to choose at least one.

I can't remember what I put for that tbh

Disappointing Development League game tonight on a clear night at the Recs, in which Cowdenbeath picked up a deserved 2-1 against the Wasps. Cowdenbeath generally looked a physically stronger side, and harried Alloa well throughout most of the game. The home team's passing failed them on several occasions, and there could be no real argument that the better team won.

In the fifth minute, some slack defending in the box allowed Cowden's #6 a toe-poked shot across Mikey Couser's goal into the far corner, which was one of only a couple of goalscoring opportunities in the first half. Neither team did much threatening, and there was little danger of additional scoring. Alloa came out for the second half looking as though they'd taken a good hiding during the break, and were much more positive and quick-witted. By the 52nd minute, Scotty Hynd knocked in an equaliser after an Alloa corner, and the match was looking positive for the Wasps. However, the Blue Brazil broke away in the 57th minute with a classy dribble into the penalty area, followed by a square pass to #9, who finished well past the outstretched Couser.

After this, the game settled back into the familiar routine from the first half, with Cowden having slightly more of the play, but neither side really causing problems for the other. Alloa pushed their opponents back in the final ten minutes as they went in search of another goal to level the scores, and in the 85th minute, Scotty Hynd found the ball at his feet six yards out from the centre of the goal, only to see his shot hit the bar and bounce clear to safety. Cowden held solid for the remainder of the game, and could be pleased with both the performance and result.

Got the teams? Seeing as we will announce the result next week or something.

Aaron Lynas and Kyle Mitchell were the Cowden scorers, that's all I know.

Our official site had news stories about our new signings and one about Simmons being on TV. We then played Livi away and got out of the bottom two...nothing. We then played QoS away...nothing (Smith's post-match comments are in the manager section). The next two news stories are about tickets for the Hibs match and the re-arranged date for the Rangers game.

Got the teams? Seeing as we will announce the result next week or something.

I know Dean Brett was at right back as I was talking to one of the centre backs Dad(Josh Thomson I think). Real shame what happened to the lad. Some big(looks if he's carrying a bit of timber) number 5 was the other centre half. Heard Dougie getting shouted as well. Sorry if that isn't much help lol.

What was the Alloa team for this reserve game?

I'm awful with names and faces, but these guys definitely started: Couser, Hynd, Wilson, Flanaghan, Weatherston, Tiffoney, Hoggan, Moore, and big Russell McLean eventually came on towards the end. Tiff had a lot of the play, but didn't do anything particularly special, sadly. Nobody was outstanding TBH.

I tried asking the club about team sheets for the reserve games a while back, but I was told they couldn't help, strangely. Tried the SPFL a couple of times too, but they don't seem to reply to emails. I know when to take "f**k off" for an answer :P

I'm awful with names and faces, but these guys definitely started: Couser, Hynd, Wilson, Flanaghan, Weatherston, Tiffoney, Hoggan, Moore, and big Russell McLean eventually came on towards the end. Tiff had a lot of the play, but didn't do anything particularly special, sadly. Nobody was outstanding TBH.

I tried asking the club about team sheets for the reserve games a while back, but I was told they couldn't help, strangely. Tried the SPFL a couple of times too, but they don't seem to reply to emails. I know when to take "f**k off" for an answer :P

:lol::lol: thanks seen a picture of Asghar playing in it, quite a speedy recovery for him and he looks a good player if he can find a place in the squad. Tiff has got to get a game soon aswell.

:lol::lol: thanks seen a picture of Asghar playing in it, quite a speedy recovery for him and he looks a good player if he can find a place in the squad. Tiff has got to get a game soon aswell.

Aye, that's right; memory's not what it was. Hoping Tiffoney comes good, as he's one of the few that's good at taking the ball past players, probably due to that slightly odd gait he's picked up from all that dirty shagging :ph34r: