The Alloa Athletic Thread

18 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Shields back to Sunderland according to papers this morning.

Doesn't surprise me as he's not been played in position and not for long enough. He is a brilliant crosser of the ball saying that so I understand why he hasn't been up front.

One of the reasons I put him on the cover for Dundee United is might not get another chance and I'd like most if not all of the players to have a wee memento.

Shields back to Sunderland according to papers this morning.

Disappointed with this. I thought he did well any time he got his chance. Might not be our decision of course. If it is have to assume, with Jake also away, that Jim G feels he can bring better in up front, or at least make better use of his budget.

With Kirky coming back, I'd expect Liam Burt to go back. Will also be interesting to see how the manager intends to accomodate both Jordan and Trouts in his starting eleven - if indeed that is his intention.

Disappointed with this. I thought he did well any time he got his chance. Might not be our decision of course. If it is have to assume, with Jake also away, that Jim G feels he can bring better in up front, or at least make better use of his budget. 
With Kirky coming back, I'd expect Liam Burt to go back. Will also be interesting to see how the manager intends to accomodate both Jordan and Trouts in his starting eleven - if indeed that is his intention.

Tend to agree with you about the loss of shields. Thought his introduction on Saturday was the turning point in the game and spurred us on to victory.

Slightly concerned that the changes in personnel could impact on the momentum we have got going over the past month. The bench is being to look like the start of the season again with very little options from it.

I would suggest playing JK in the number 10 role with Dario moving wide and trouten up top.

Yep, Shields was really effective on Saturday, thought the departure of Hastie might open the door for an extended run. A shame if he goes, I think he has plenty to offer.

That said, Im not expecting too much of a reshuffle in the immediate games. Kirky for Hastie- while Im not expecting him to stick to the left flank, we are quite fluid and I expect only small tweaks required to adapt. Hastie has more drive but Kirky will give us a bit more composure and more of a goal threat.

Kirky might take a wee while to get back in the groove seeing as hes not played much. Last season was similar where it took him a decent run of matches to shift through the gears.

32 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

If all we have on the bench is Ahmed , Adam brown and Zack it would be worrying  but I am sure jim has planned for this (I hope )

Think we just have to accept that this is part of the transfer strategy the manager has adopted, ie  retain the excellent backbone of the team then add the best possible loan players to it. It clearly has its dangers but has to be said that the manager has nailed it the last two windows. We'll need to be patient but his track record with this is good, and the success of a number of his loans must help in encouraging managers to send decent prospects to Alloa. 

Regarding Zack, must surely be likely that he will be off during the window? The manager has done a few reshuffles to avoid using him at CB or FB even when we have been short. If he isn't going to play in these situations there isn't much point in keeping him.

17 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Think we just have to accept that this is part of the transfer strategy the manager has adopted, ie  retain the excellent backbone of the team then add the best possible loan players to it. It clearly has its dangers but has to be said that the manager has nailed it the last two windows. We'll need to be patient but his track record with this is good, and the success of a number of his loans must help in encouraging managers to send decent prospects to Alloa. 

Regarding Zack, must surely be likely that he will be off during the window? The manager has done a few reshuffles to avoid using him at CB or FB even when we have been short. If he isn't going to play in these situations there isn't much point in keeping him.

Pretty sure it was reported last month (can't remember where- probably advertiser) he has told Karadachki to find another club- but hes still made the bench in recent weeks.

All loan deals are up on Monday . no news on any of the current players Alloa Fc have at present staying am sure over the coming week the web site will show one way or other 

I was sitting in McDonalds there the other day, eating a big McFeast, i look over me shoulder, whose sitting there? You.
I said the manager. mc manager, mc bloody well mc get over here! whats this guy doing here? Youve already got one red headed clown!