The Alloa Athletic Thread

Notice alloa are always "spirited", "plucky" "well organised" etc  according to the reports in the media . No one ever comes out and says that we are a terrific footballing playing team passing teams off the park at the moment. No one ever comments that we have one of the best midfield generals outside of the Premier league , a centre half and captain who is an absolute rock or we have one of the best managers in Scotland who is getting better all the time .  Lazy journalism 

Notice alloa are always "spirited", "plucky" "well organised" etc  according to the reports in the media . No one ever comes out and says that we are a terrific footballing playing team passing teams off the park at the moment. No one ever comments that we have one of the best midfield generals outside of the Premier league , a centre half and captain who is an absolute rock or we have one of the best managers in Scotland who is getting better all the time .  Lazy journalism 
You been reading my post in the match thread? [emoji6]

Seriously though, couldn't agree more. On the two players you talk about, is there a team in the league that big Andy or Flanny wouldn't enhance?

Also, are there many/any goalies that you'd swap big Parry for?

11 minutes ago, Oweny said:

You will also be aware that any team beating the Old Firm or the Rangers never play well, but the OF and the RFC always have an off day?

A bit like the BBC on a Saturday, if the Premiership is playing we get Final Score, but if it's international week and the lower 3 divisions are playing, we get no Final Score. Just shows there is little knowledge outside Glasgow.

26 minutes ago, Oweny said:

Yep ! just say it as you see it would be my motto and less of this typical patronising  "plucky" "spirited " which is basically saying we are not good at all..

23 minutes ago, Oweny said:

You dont think you might be getting slightly carried away here?

As decent as Alloa are, and they ARE decent and deserved to beat us three weeks ago, you are second bottom, have won one League game and managed to lose to Falkirk. You have been unlucky not to get more points / wins but not winning games when you are playing well isnt necessarily a great sign.

As decent as Alloa are, and they ARE decent and deserved to beat us three weeks ago, you are second bottom, have won one League game and managed to lose to Falkirk. You have been unlucky not to get more points / wins but not winning games when you are playing well isnt necessarily a great sign.
You've got a point, SD, but looking at it from an Alloa fan's point of view I think Oweny is articulating how most of us feel.

OK there's a bit of hyperbole in what he says, but this year is a free hit for us and we are delighted with the team generally, so we are going to enjoy it as much as possible. [emoji4]

7 hours ago, printer said:

You've got a point, SD, but looking at it from an Alloa fan's point of view I think Oweny is articulating how most of us feel.

OK there's a bit of hyperbole in what he says, but this year is a free hit for us and we are delighted with the team generally, so we are going to enjoy it as much as possible. emoji4.png

Exactly this  ! ..

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Another example of being damned with faint praise.

12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Another example of being damned with faint praise.

Call it what you will. People getting carried away with "passing teams off the park" patter when you have won one league match in 10 are going to get pulled up for it.

I like Alloa. Some terrific people involved behind the scenes there. I would he absolutely delighted if you stay up and finish as high as possible as long as it is below us. Its a bit early for the "wha's like us" stuff though.

Call it what you will. People getting carried away with "passing teams off the park" patter when you have won one league match in 10 are going to get pulled up for it.
I like Alloa. Some terrific people involved behind the scenes there. I would he absolutely delighted if you stay up and finish as high as possible as long as it is below us. Its a bit early for the "wha's like us" stuff though.

This

Alloa need to start winning football matches, it doesn’t mean anything if you’re playing well or “passing teams off the park” if you’ve nothing to show for it.

I think you all miss the point , the initial gripe was  "how can you be happy with your team" well we are for reasons stated previously we are a small but well run club and are punching way above our weight, their are so called bigger clubs still struggling to get out of the 1st and 2nd divisions.

Edited by whereismillar

On 28/10/2018 at 09:22, printer said:

You been reading my post in the match thread? emoji6.png

Seriously though, couldn't agree more. On the two players you talk about, is there a team in the league that big Andy or Flanny wouldn't enhance?

Also, are there many/any goalies that you'd swap big Parry for?

Just seen it printer. Great minds think alike chief. Totally agree

I don't think we are getting carried away we know how hard it is for us competing in this division. Surprised how poor some of these teams are but I suspected the money will be spent in January to get them out of trouble