The Alloa Athletic Thread

That's the first quarter over and looking at the points tally we are not too far away. I reckon Jim Goodwin would have had a target of 10 points per quarter to guarantee safety in this division. We are 3 short but obviously we could easily have had more than this taking into account the  games at dunfermline Dumfries and at home to Dundee United to name a few. We could easily be sitting with 12-13 points and  it wouldn't be an injustice based on our performances. 

Don't want to speak too soon but none of these teams certainty in the games that I have been at have shafted us at any point . A much poorer championship than the last time we were there on the games so far. 

Confidence is everything in football and yesterday along with the cup showing last week will certainly install belief

3 hours ago, printer said:

Is that us got more points at home than away now?

Don't think it's any coincidence that the first home league win came in the first home league game in which we managed to get ahead. We are struggling to score goals on the wee pitch and in the games I've seen looked even more unlikely to break down the opposition after going behind. But if we get ahead, it can work the other way. As long as we have those dimensions at the Recs, the first goal is going to be crucial IMO.

For the record, I had a look at the stats last week (all competitive games against Championship opposition this season). Here's the updated version.

Home: P6 W1 D1 L4 F2 A9

Away: P7 W0 D6 L1 F9 A10

Don't think you should include cup games in the stats, Waspie. Also you've missed out the most important stat - points. [emoji6]

My original post was a wee teaser re the pitch. For what it's worth, I'd prefer the pitch to be larger as the games would be more attractive and we have the players to utilise the space.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Don't think you should include cup games in the stats, Waspie. Also you've missed out the most important stat - points. emoji6.png

My original post was a wee teaser re the pitch. For what it's worth, I'd prefer the pitch to be larger as the games would be more attractive and we have the players to utilise the space.

Surely a proper review would need to include all games against Championship opposition ;).  

It was interesting to see the goal on Saturday came from a cross. I haven't sat down and worked it out but a number of our goals do appear to have come from wide positions. However, if we can shitfest our way to a few scrappy home wins between now and the new year then it will be possible at least to make a counter argument for the wee pitch. 

I sent an e mail to the club stating I would happily do the official site, now I have retired, but never as much received an acknowledgement.
You are better off calling the club in the morning and speaking to Robert Wilson rather than sending e-mails.

7 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:
23 hours ago, laughing gravie said:
I sent an e mail to the club stating I would happily do the official site, now I have retired, but never as much received an acknowledgement.

You are better off calling the club in the morning and speaking to Robert Wilson rather than sending e-mails.

I will take this on board.

22 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Good on you but you spelt "Gravy" wrong :lol:

Laughing GRAVY is a short movie by Laurel & Hardy, so in order not to breach copyright, I massaged the spelling of Gravie.