The Alloa Athletic Thread

Quite happy with Barry Smith going for it with these recent signings. We can trot out the 'we were unlucky not to win' line as often as we like but if that doesn't change into two or three wins soon then I'm afraid we'll be League 1 bound. Our defence and midfield has really been as best as we could've hoped for in this league so far (performance-wise at least) and he's addressed the problem and gambled a bit but perhaps that's what we need just now, better that than accepting relegation with a whimper.....

...Hence......

...I'm quite happy with the signing of Phil Roberts. He may have an attitude problem and be a bit selfish with the ball but he's a proven sore loser at the Recs and perhaps that's exactly what we need right now. He was quite skilful and creative against us and can make things happen. Even if we get 4 or 5 good games out of him before he takes the huff, the timing means he'll probably have them against teams we need to be competing against and it could be what's required to keep us in the Championship. If/when it all goes pear-shaped, we only have him until the end of the season anyway. Feed The Phil!

Roberts is massively overrated, he was pretty pish for us. Folk seem to take the fact he is a complete c**t and somehow translate it into "he'd be a great player if only his attitude was alright". He'll disrupt your dressing room, infuriate the fans and won't even offer much on the pitch. Horrendous signing IMO.

Na I thought he was alright when he was good no one could handle him, when he was bad he's worse than a man down, hattrick against livvy, every game against Dundee and that screamer against Dumbarton. He has pace to burn. There's a player in there, you just need to get it out of him

Roberts is massively overrated, he was pretty pish for us. Folk seem to take the fact he is a complete c**t and somehow translate it into "he'd be a great player if only his attitude was alright". He'll disrupt your dressing room, infuriate the fans and won't even offer much on the pitch. Horrendous signing IMO.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

His cuntishness will earn him at least 1 red card between now and the end of the season.

In all honesty Roberts in my opinion was Falkirks best player before his sending off against us last season. Hopefully Smith wont take his shit and if he does I doubt Ben Gordon will ;) Rutherford offering us a tall striker is something we need, been quite happy with January and it may be the difference in keeping us up.