The Alloa Athletic Thread

If we hadn't made the play-offs then Goodwin would have deserved the sack! He inherited a great squad that was built to win promotion and finishing 2nd should have been expected. The squads that finished below us were clearly inferior. Losing on penalties in the play-offs can be put down to bad luck, but abject performances in two of the four play-off games cannot. The manager's comments after the first Brechin game were also telling - that he had been forced to change his tactics and that it played into Brechin's hands. It was his own choice to make that change.
It's all about opinions but I can't agree with "done very well". I think with different decisions he could have got closer to Livi and certainly won the play-offs. Brechin lost more games than they won, we should not have lost to them. A golden opportunity was missed. 
As for Longworth, he came to us after a bad season and was lacking confidence and match fitness. He needed games that he couldn't get after we started so well. I'd think that with a regular game and getting his belief back up that he could do a job for someone. 
Kirkpatrick is obviously a big loss. Confidence player and Jack Ross will look after that. Fear he won't be the last influential guy to leave. 

^^^This.

To think you used to get slated for making negative comments about Goodwin and Jammer [emoji6]

You'll still get slated for emotional, nonsensical pish comments - no matter whom they are about. [emoji6]

Wouldn't be surprised to see Meggatt back at Alloa. We've offered him a FT deal but I think PT football is something which may suit him better as I'm sure he has a decent job away from football. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Meggatt back at Alloa. We've offered him a FT deal but I think PT football is something which may suit him better as I'm sure he has a decent job away from football. 

Well I wouldn't say no. [emoji16]

Class. Just one more contract he needs to sign now! [emoji16]

I was hinting about that earlier on, on Twitter but he wasn't giving anything away. I had no doubt about the result on Sunday but I think we are now in for a very hard but enjoyable afternoon.

We have also managed after some extremely hard work to recruit a keeper for the legends on Sunday. Davie Crawford will be keeping us at bay.

Goodwin's league record since and including the Hogmanay game is P18 W10 D5 L3. This is pretty much when he stopped playing and concentrated on managing. I'd say that was on the whole if not very good then at least good. Cut the guy some slack. He's just started managing and had Ross's squad. Livvy were streets ahead of us all season. We were never catching them. If he fucks up next season then fair enough but give him a chance.

Hope so, hes a scaffolder or he was anyway.

Playing part time and working surely pays more..