The Alloa Athletic Thread

Right in saying the Legend's game is this Sunday, Martyn? All the names advertised still playing? Couldn't make the last one but the prospect of seeing the likes of Quitongo is something I'm definitely up for.

Any of the "current" team involved? Didn't see the article that someone said credit to a few of the boys.

Right in saying the Legend's game is this Sunday, Martyn? All the names advertised still playing? Couldn't make the last one but the prospect of seeing the likes of Quitongo is something I'm definitely up for.

Any of the "current" team involved? Didn't see the article that someone said credit to a few of the boys.

Just finalising the squad the now and looking at having around 16/17 legends playing. I'll hopefully have it available to post online by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Jose has once again pulled out which tbh is quite a pain as I imagine he would've been a big draw. Although having Willie Irvine playing more than makes up for Jose not being there. This morning I was sat at 22 players before I started chasing up people to confirm if they will be there or not although tbh I was hedging my bets by asking so many ex players as I learned my lesson from last year.

Out of the current team Holmes and Marr are playing and hopefully Neil Parry can do us a turn and play in goals as Craig McDowell is now unavailable.

Ground and Bar opens at 2pm on Sunday for a 3pm kick off. £5 Adults, £1 OAP, kids are free.

It would be appreciated by all the lads in the squad if we got a decent crowd on Sunday and raised some much needed funds as it's quite costly running the team due to us competing all over the country.

Fucking hate this time of the season  :(

Really sorry Hynd and (especially) Wilson didn't end up getting a run in the first team. Hopefully both get plenty of games elsewhere next season, as they both need to get established in somebody's first team. The other departures are obviously shite and we can only hope that the boss knows what he's doing. Good luck to them all.

Holmes is another one that im gutted has left. A fantastic footballer with unbelievable ability to control a match and despite his age he still strolled pretty much every game he played this season. Goodwin has a big task on his hands now to replace holmes and marr.

8ee2d3d01276f2794cb91ca6d0ca5200.jpgHolmes' statement just emphasises the class the guy oozes. [emoji173]️

Indeed. Very disappointed that Holmer is away. Hoped he'd see out his career with us.

One of my favourite Alloa players. [emoji20]

I dont care about a players age , if they can do the business on the park,

marr and holmes gone FFS , two players that need big boots to fill thier space , jim better have some good players in mind :(

when you consider the dross that was freed last season this is upsetting !

Edited by whereismillar

I think we had seen the best of Holmes and over the last 6/8 games we seen him struggling. Letting Jason Marr go is a bigger miss for me . One of the best centre halfs in the league. But am sure Jim Goodwin has his own views 

Jamie Longworth going to East Kilbride and wouldn't be surprised if Jason went to East Fife 

Enjoy your break fellow Wasps