The Alloa Athletic Thread

Would you have settled for the playoffs at the start ? I think you would great season and all the best in the playoffs
Absolutely.
It got weird though when the winning momentum wore off and the second half the season form was erratic at best.
Tough ask to go up from here but we are in it at least; no matter the outcome it's been a successful season.

Congratulations on retaining your place in the division. Superb effort by the whole club from the Directors , Management , Players , Supporters , Staff and all those that help in the backgrounf. You got what you deserved and best of luck for next season.
Many thanks it's been a strange season the four wins in march made,all the difference . but will he keep hold of the Gaffer !!!

Watching Salford city on BT sport, there stadium would be in ideal model for any future developments at recreation park. No idea the cost but modular units so it can be done in stages, stands and will have a capacity of just over 5k when finished

23 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Watching Salford city on BT sport, there stadium would be in ideal model for any future developments at recreation park. No idea the cost but modular units so it can be done in stages, stands and will have a capacity of just over 5k when finished

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-premier/salford-city-moor-lane.html

It does look good - but might be overkill for us! A wee shelter at the railway end would help tho!

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-premier/salford-city-moor-lane.html

It does look good - but might be overkill for us! A wee shelter at the railway end would help tho!
You gotta aim high. Money made from this season, hopefully some can be put back into the club and facilities. I agree a covering at railway end is a must.

27 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

If money was no object I'd be having something like the Bayern Campus' wee ground.  2500 capacity

https://fcbayern.com/de/club/fc-bayern-campus/der-fc-bayern-campus

Might try and build a 3d model on top of the Recs in my two weeks holiday not sure.

Just now, OldCrabbitWasp said:
8 minutes ago, RolandPie said:

You gotta aim high. Money made from this season, hopefully some can be put back into the club and facilities. I agree a covering at railway end is a must.

Just saying there's like £250,000 maximum difference from League 1 to Championship football and their stadium cost millions.

Belated congratulations on securing your Championship status for another year lads. It would've been a real travesty if you went down and a team like Falkirk, Queens, Morton, Dunfermline or Thistle who have been rank for a sizeable chunk of time survived.

Delighted for the ex-Dumbarton contingent who were deemed not good enough for that level by our former manager (and Neil Parry, who seems to like a lot of my Tweets...).

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just saying there's like £250,000 maximum difference from League 1 to Championship football and their stadium cost millions.

Is their not still grants for this ? I would prefer a differ setup to the Gazebo personally

2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

we got a grant on the new stand back then...wondered if they still exist

£350,000 our stand cost from what is now known as the football foundation. Let me go down a rabbithole here for a bit.