• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Wilky1878

The Alloa Athletic Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I hate you all.

Tuff :P

I'm sure we'd all be happy for Jim to get the freedom of Alloa whatever happens. But there is still a lot of football to be played and 5 teams very much in the battle. 
Indeed, Waspie. Still not safe from 10th or, especially, 9th. Three tough games to finish.

For what it’s worth and for not entirely unselfish reasons I hope you guys finish 8th and some “bigger teams” go down.

Not so sure 8th is a good position anymore for Alloa, given their form they could finish 5th.

Not so sure 8th is a good position anymore for Alloa, given their form they could finish 5th.

5th or 8th - doesn’t bother me!

This is far from done, like some have suggested. Three massive games to play. What a time to hit form though!

It'd take a freak run of results, but it's still possible for Dunfermline to finish bottom. What a bizarre season this has been.

Great day yesterday, but we're nothing like as safe as many posters seem to think. By the end of next Saturday, we could be a point above Partick at the bottom, and they'd have a game in hand. Taking anything at all from Firhill would be a massive step towards safety.

When you look at the fixtures coming up, it's hard to see any of this being decided before the final day. Huge result for Falkirk yesterday.

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It'd take a freak run of results, but it's still possible for Dunfermline to finish bottom. What a bizarre season this has been.

Great day yesterday, but we're nothing like as safe as many posters seem to think. By the end of next Saturday, we could be a point above Partick at the bottom, and they'd have a game in hand. Taking anything at all from Firhill would be a massive step towards safety.

When you look at the fixtures coming up, it's hard to see any of this being decided before the final day. Huge result for Falkirk yesterday.

If you win and Dunfermline beat Queens next Saturday, I think that would mean you couldn't finish 10th with Queens and Partick playing each other on the final day.

Hope you do it. Please don't make us play you on the last day potentially relegating you. The fans would be quite happy to see you win, but I doubt the players would

Edited by I'm Brian

21 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

If you win and Dunfermline beat Queens next Saturday, I think that would mean you couldn't finish 10th with Queens and Partick playing each other on the final day.

D1NiZuZ.gif

People say that the championship is rubbish this season but it could easily end up ~20pts between winning the league and getting relegated which is unbelievably competitive. A perfect/pointless 2 months is the difference between title winners and relegation to League 1.

Wanted to think about the worst case scenario where every team inexplicably picks up as many points as they can against the irrelevant top teams and they don't all lose to each other beneficially for us:

image.png.c5a06206eba3871fb1301a06b92f62ea.png

If this happens even a win against Thistle would still mean we'd need Partick, Falkirk or Queen's to drop even more points due to the goal difference.

Although if we get 41 points we'd be astronomically unlucky to end up 10th.

Can't see this bottom one happening but fingers crossed for  meltdown entertainment:

image.png.8f03d2466e795487f75f75afc60e12cf.png

Partick to get beat off East Fife in the playoff final just cause Darren Young. Morton to have another year of Johansson and have the real worst team in their history and finish below 3 part time teams (again).

22 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

People say that the championship is rubbish this season

Really? I shudder to think what they'd have liked this season to look like.

Nice to see you've been busy on the predictor too - I've been glued to it since Christmas  :lol:

Here's what I'm plumping for:

Championship2019.jpg

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Nice to see you've been busy on the predictor too - I've been glued to it since Christmas  :lol:

Championship2019.jpg

Yeah I'd agree that probably the bottom two would be Queen of the South and Morton but doesn't stop me wanting it being Falkirk and Partick though. :lol:

Rubbish in terms of quality. In terms of excitement and competition I'm sure everyone has to agree that this is the best league in Scotland.

33 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Championship2019.jpg

Naw, one of them two has to go down.  

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Yeah I'd agree that probably the bottom two would be Queen of the South and Morton but doesn't stop me wanting it being Falkirk and Partick though. :lol:

I'd choose Falkirk and Morton. The former are overdue a spell among the diddies, and it's always party time when Morton go down. Can't think why.

Really not looking good for QoS now, though.

Needing top 5 goals Alloa  have scored this season for the PFA. Any suggestions?

For my 5: I actually quite like the corner we scored against Queens. Flannigan free kick vs Dundee United, Cawley vs St Mirren, Zanatta winner vs Dundee United, Kirkpatrick's winner against Falkirk

Needing top 5 goals Alloa  have scored this season for the PFA. Any suggestions?
For my 5: I actually quite like the corner we scored against Queens. Flannigan free kick vs Dundee United, Cawley vs St Mirren, Zanatta winner vs Dundee United, Kirkpatrick's winner against Falkirk

I’d agree with all of those.

I also loved Trouten’s goal against St Mirren, great play down the left and then he passed it home without even breaking stride

40 minutes ago, martynwasp said:

I’d agree with all of those.

I also loved Trouten’s goal against St Mirren, great play down the left and then he passed it home without even breaking stride

yes trouten's goal at st mirren and leo's picks