The Alloa Athletic Thread

Been reported this morning we're interested in Robert Thomson from Morton. Think it would be strange to get yet another striker on the books.

Chinese clubs eyeing up a big money move for Alan Trouten.

A type of player we don’t really have. I thought he did quite well at Dumbarton and Brechin, scoring quite a few goal. Definitely a better player than we had a few years back. Would make us a bit top-heavy but is Aitchison really a back up striker? Probably not. Going to be deployed more on the wing and the impact he’ll have may not be great. Thomson back up and competition to Dario wouldn’t be a bad thing but doubt he’d sit on our bench rather than Morton’s. An upgrade on Spence in this league, however.

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Been reported this morning we're interested in Robert Thomson from Morton. Think it would be strange to get yet another striker on the books.

one reason might be that Hearts might have an offer in for Zanatta St Mirren were after him before

3 minutes ago, Zaltan said:

one reason might be that Hearts might have an offer in for Zanatta St Mirren were after him before

Nah once a deal's been agreed both clubs need to agree to cancel it. I have my doubts we'd agree to it.

Looks like Jack that does the advertiser has asked the manager and we're not interested anyway. I did think it was a strange rumour.

I could see the logic in us bringing Robert Thomson in. He would give us a different type of centre forward to Dario and provide genuine cover. Also, it might be an opportunity to get a decent centre in for next year.

IMG_3980.jpg

Jack Hamilton will do a good job for you guys I reckon! 18 years old and has had some game time for us this season. He’s big and strong and can hold the ball up well and bring others into play and scores for fun in the reserves so he knows where the goal is. Think this move will help both parties by giving Jack essential game time and hopefully doing the business on the park!

You guys have taken Jack Hamilton on loan for the rest of the season*. Interested to see how he gets on, bit of a jump for him over the past year. Spent the first half of last season on loan at Penicuik Athletic banging them in for fun in the juniors, then the second half of the season at Berwick Rangers where they loved him. Has played quite a few times this season, only 18 but manages to hold the ball up really well and can handle himself against big defenders. Also been scoring plenty at reserve level so hopefully does well for you.

*2 posters coming on the thread at the same time to tell you you've got a good player can only end one way, so apologies in advance if it ends up going all wrong :lol:

Edited by LiviLion

Sounds promising. Going to be a lot of competition for places in the forward positions which will hopefully keep players on their toes. As long as players are picked on merit (as happened in the first half of the season) and not to keep parent clubs happy, which seemed to be the case in the second half of last season and led to a fair bit of chopping and changing.

Wonder with Karadachki being so far out of the picture is there potentially still space for a defender. We do have the option of Liam Dick or Taggs to CB though, and Peggie, Robbo or even Hetherington for FB. And it seems that Goody fancies a comeback too, so perhaps we are OK.